The National Anthem the Rams way

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
This is going to be an unpopular opinion but I honestly don't have a problem with what Kap did.

Ram65

Legend
That was cool. Old school respect. Now, lets see Fisher where a tie and jacket like Hank Stram!

726234af1b59c44dd89c0a5e74d2f6b7.jpg

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is going to be an unpopular opinion but I honestly don't have a problem with what Kap did.
You are right not popular.

But you're young and your mind has been polluted with the lame teaching offered today in public schools and universities. If you're lucky you'll grow out of it.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
You are right not popular.

But you're young and your mind has been polluted with the lame teaching offered today in public schools and universities. If you're lucky you'll grow out of it.

Appreciate the ad hominem attack...I knew it was going to come from someone. Immediate disregard and categorization is a cheap ploy, not a reasonable argument.

Just because I don't go along with all the flag-waving and patriotism doesn't mean I'm "polluted." I still stand during the national anthem and I appreciate those who have legitimately served, but there are plenty of reasons to protest it as well.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

It is your opinion so you can own it. I don't judge you for that, I actually agree with you on some level. However this is bigger than Kaepernick. He is entitled to free speech. But he works for the NFL. They can have a say in what they think of it too. His actions could be construed as supported by the the NFL, if allowed to continue. If he wants to protest he should do so on his own time, which he may have a lot of soon, since he may have just fucked himself.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Appreciate the ad hominem attack...I knew it was going to come from someone. Immediate disregard and categorization is a cheap ploy, not a reasonable argument.

Just because I don't go along with all the flag-waving and patriotism doesn't mean I'm "polluted." I still stand during the national anthem and I appreciate those who have legitimately served, but there are plenty of reasons to protest it as well.
For those who have served there is no excuse.

You are welcome to disagree because of the sacrifices made to guarantee those rights as an American citizen. But, there is a time and place and he chose poorly.

BTW the polluted is not a reflection on you it is the system.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
For those who have served there is no excuse.

You are welcome to disagree because of the sacrifices made to guarantee those rights as an American citizen. But, there is a time and place and he chose poorly.

BTW the polluted is not a reflection on you it is the system.

I know full well what our system is and isn't. History classes are taught through red, white, and blue lenses. Things like the Gulf of Tonkin incident, Iran-Contra scandal, forced eugenics, etc. are never even mentioned.

I can disagree because I have a brain and the physical ability to disagree. I naturally have that ability until some entity forcefully takes it away from me. I have not been "given" any right I didn't already have. An argument could be made that the U.S. military has done more to endanger those rights than protect them over the past 65 years. And that's coming from someone who had both grandfathers that fought in WWII.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It is your opinion so you can own it. I don't judge you for that, I actually agree with you on some level. However this is bigger than Kaepernick. He is entitled to free speech. But he works for the NFL. They can have a say in what they think of it too. His actions could be construed as supported by the the NFL, if allowed to continue. If he wants to protest he should do so on his own time, which he may have a lot of soon, since he may have just freaked himself.

The nfl issued a statement saying that there is no requirement for their players to stand. Of course they can always change that rule but as of now he didnt break any NFL "company" policy

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Yeah...

This one is going in the same drain as the Sackorpick National Anthem thread.

Gotta lock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.