The mother of all polls (LEMONGATE)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What kind of donuts are the ones that have lemon in them?

• Lemon filled

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Lemon jelly

Votes: 24 63.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Notice also on page 10 a donut called "Glazed Cocoa Jelly Donut". WTF is that? That alone is sufficient reason to disqualify Dunkin Donuts from having a say in all this. There supposedly is no such thing as Lemon Jelly but there's a COCOA Jelly? Get the freak out. That has to be the most convoluted thing I've ever seen. Cocoa freaking Jelly? The HORROR!
You're reading it wrong. It's a jelly donut glazed with cocoa. Hence, glazed cocoa (jelly donut).

Nice demonstration of flailing though.

What you won't find is any kind of donut (glazed or powdered) with lemon jelly in it.

Never question the authority of Donuts.

RamzFanz

Damnit
You're reading it wrong. It's a jelly donut glazed with cocoa. Hence, glazed cocoa (jelly donut).

What you won't find is any kind of donut (glazed or powdered) with lemon jelly in it.

Even math teachers agree:

"Elizabeth brought a box of donuts to share. There are two-dozen (24) donuts in the box, all identical in size, shape, and color. 4 are jelly-filled, 6 are lemon-filled, and 14 are custard-filled. You randomly select one donut, eat it, and select another donut. Find the probability of selecting two custard-filled donuts in a row. Write your answer as a fraction in simplest form."

How can 503 hate teachers so much?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Even math teachers agree:

"Elizabeth brought a box of donuts to share. There are two-dozen (24) donuts in the box, all identical in size, shape, and color. 4 are jelly-filled, 6 are lemon-filled, and 14 are custard-filled. You randomly select one donut, eat it, and select another donut. Find the probability of selecting two custard-filled donuts in a row. Write your answer as a fraction in simplest form."

How can 503 hate teachers so much?
Watch it! My mom was a teacher, my mother-in-law was a teacher, I had several teachers over the years, and my 12th grade English teacher used to bring me Lemon Jelly Filled donuts every Friday.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

I call BS. They offer a Cocoa Glazed donut. Why would ANYONE call a Cocoa Glazed Jelly Filled donut a Glazed Cocoa Jelly donut? If they do, that automatically removes them as a satisfactory piece of evidence for your argument. If someone has that poor of a grasp of the English language (likely because they hate teachers and never paid attention in class) who are they to determine what ANYTHING is called - Lemon Jelly Filled or otherwise?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Been away all day BTW and will be gone this weekend at the Celtic Festival. I will return with more irrefutable evidence that not only does Lemon Jelly exist (though not necessarily found in stores like a great many food items) but that many people throughout the nation make, buy, and sell said Lemon Jelly Filled donuts. Until then, I bid you good night.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Been away all day BTW and will be gone this weekend at the Celtic Festival. I will return with more irrefutable evidence that not only does Lemon Jelly exist (though not necessarily found in stores like a great many food items) but that many people throughout the nation make, buy, and sell said Lemon Jelly Filled donuts. Until then, I bid you good night.

Run Forest, Run!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You can't find it in stores, but many people throughout the nation make, buy and sell it? That sounds like a riddle. Is that what your argument has become? A riddle? Here's another plausible explanation. Maybe leprechauns make lemon jelly, and Santa's elves put it in the donuts. And they're delivered to all the good people of the nation by Unicorns. To be enjoyed on February 31st. At 13 o'clock.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Leprechauns? Santa's elves? Unicorns? That's bullshit......these guys do the real work.......

keebler.gif

cracengl

Rookie
Well first we have to rule out lemon preserves, as that would be the jelly-like concoction with pieces of the actual fruit. Not that. When thinking of jelly, then, I imaging the stuff that comes out of the jar, that I spread on my toast. That stuff is more jelly-like, than what is in the donuts. The donut "filling" is a far more thin sucrose concoction that happens to "taste" like lemon.

So yeah, I repeated X's original statement basically as my answer I guess that mean he wins...far as I'm concerned.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well first we have to rule out lemon preserves, as that would be the jelly-like concoction with pieces of the actual fruit. Not that. When thinking of jelly, then, I imaging the stuff that comes out of the jar, that I spread on my toast. That stuff is more jelly-like, than what is in the donuts. The donut "filling" is a far more thin sucrose concoction that happens to "taste" like lemon.

So yeah, I repeated X's original statement basically as my answer I guess that mean he wins...far as I'm concerned.
You're a very wise man, Hodor.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I think we've filled this thread with wise opinions.

A donut employee resident expert, cream vs creamy, dictionary definitions, the largest donut seller in the nation, it's a wrap.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Maybe it's lemon GEL... have we considered THAT?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Poll automatically closed after a week, and the results are in.

lpPAH8B.jpg

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

lpPAH8B.jpg

Except of course you know it recorded the votes backwards your's AND mine so................jelly it is.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Except of course you know it recorded the votes backwards your's AND mine so................jelly it is.
Whatever helps you sleep at night. (y)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

lpPAH8B.jpg
Looky there - Poll's still open.

Nice try to suddenly change the Poll date. At some point the voters should see just how rigged this election has become. You from Chicago Paulie?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
ROD voters:

It has come time for me to end my silence. I have been away for several days working in festivals and spending time with the people of this great land and overwhelmingly, they have urged me to keep up the fight to preserve their right to CONTINUE to call their favorite lemon concoction a Lemon Jelly Filled donut.

In the time since this great debate has come to light, my opponent has carefully crafted a poll question that he feels will avoid the original and real question at hand and make it appear as if this is only about donuts and not about whether there is A) such a thing as Lemon Jelly, and B) such a thing as a Lemon Jelly Filled donut. Now keep in mind, this is NOT about whether the filling in a Lemon Jelly Filled donut is the same thing as what you would put on your toast in the morning. This is NOT about what people on the East Coast and maybe Midwest call a certain donut. This is not about someone calling Lemon Custard or Curd, Lemon Jelly. No. This is a question of whether there is such a thing as a Lemon Jelly Filled donut or Lemon Jelly itself.

In the process of this debate, my opponent has apparently felt that bringing in extra muscle in the form of this RamzFan pundit is needed in order for him to win this debate. Now I have never really heard of this kind of tactic being allowed in a debate but I suppose I'll just chalk it up to my opponent needing all the help he can get and I can understand that with such an untenable position.

In this debate my opponent has brought up the fact that Dunkin Donuts calls one of their donuts a Lemon Filled donut. As if that is proof that there is no other kinds of lemon donuts. I countered with the FEDERALLY MANDATED nutrition pages from one of the oldest donut chains in this great land of ours - Winchell's Donuts. That nutritional information clearly shows a donut called a Lemon Jelly Filled donut.

To counter this, my opponent's henchman RamzFan listed an ingredient list - Lemon Filling: Water, Sugar Syrup, Corn Syrup, Modified Food Starch, Palm Oil, Contains less than 2% of each of the following: Natural Flavor, Citric Acid, Sugar, Lemon Juice Powder (Maltodextrin, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Lemon Oil, Tocopherols), Salt, Potassium Sorbate and Sodium Benzoate (Preservatives), Sodium Citrate, Agar, Artificial Color (Yellow 5, Titanium Dioxide); Powdered Sugar: Dextrose, Corn Starch, Vegetable Oil (Soybean and/or Cottonseed), Palm Oil, Titanium Dioxide (Color), Artificial Flavor.

He went on to say the following:
I mean C'MON, that's not JELLY! That's FILLING!

Less than 2% of any mysterious ingredient with lemon even in the name!

"Natural Flavor? That could be horse piss for all we know. Maltodextrin, Tocopherols, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Citrate, Agar, Titanium Dioxide and then MORE Titanium Dioxide? As if that wasn't enough artificial flavor they then throw in an ambiguous Artificial Flavor at the end in case the cleaning lady spilled something?!
No, no, no. THAT is filling my friend. Pour in some Sugar Syrup, Corn Syrup, Sugar, and Powdered Sugar for good measure and it's pure glowing yellow chemical goop delight.

Heh heh - REALLY? His contention was that this could not be considered Jelly. Of course this is what DD refers to as "filling" anyway but I wondered what DD considered to be "Jelly Filling".
So I looked up what their supposed authority on Jelly Filling for donuts - Dunkin Donuts - listed as the ingredients to their JELLY filling. Here it is: Jelly Filling: Corn Syrup, Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sugar, Apple Juice Concentrate, Contains 2% or less of each of the following: Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate and Sodium Benzoate (Preservatives), Locust Bean Gum, Red 40, Blue 2, Caramel Color, Artificial Flavor; Topping: Sugar, Powdered Sugar [Dextrose, Corn Starch, Vegetable Oil (Soybean and/or Cottonseed), Palm Oil, Titanium Dioxide (Color), Artificial Flavor].

Yeah - THAT's the jelly you put on toast. :rolleyes:

So just what IS Lemon Jelly and more importantly, Lemon Jelly Filling? Well... much like the Raspberry Jelly filling found in some Jelly Filled donuts - including Dunkin' Donuts, it is simply a jelled filling suited for filling donuts. Make no mistake. It really is THAT simple.

It is really quite simple to find Lemon Jelly Filling recipes on the internet. It is also easy to find Lemon Jelly recipes. But how could that be if they don't exist? The answer should be crystal clear.

Remember. This is not a question of what a particular donut chain sells. This is about whether there is such a thing as Lemon Jelly and/or a Lemon Jelly Filled donut. Clearly there is.

Several donut stores sell a Lemon filled donut that is more of a lemon custard - including Kryspy Kreme. Winchell's sells a Lemon Jelly Filled donut that is a clearer substance in calls JELLY. Throughout the nation, donut shops sell Lemon Jelly Filled donuts. To say there is no such thing is just ignoring simple truths.

I urge you ROD voters. Don't let this squelching of your freedoms stand. A vote for Lemon Jelly is a vote for freedom.