The irony of it all

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Montanaramfan

Rookie
Am I the only one who sees the irony in the fact that if we had beaten the Niners in Week 18, we most likely would have been playing in Green Bay tomorrow? If we had won that game, I believe the seedings would have been as follows: 1) GB, 2) Rams, 3) TB, 4) Dallas, 5) Arizona, 6) Philly, 7) NO. That means round 1 would have put the Saints at the Rams, Cards at Cowboys, and Philly at TB. Let's say the higher ranking seeds win that round. Round 2 would be Dallas at GB and TB at the Rams. I have about 0% faith that Dallas would have beaten the Packers in Green Bay. I remember telling my son (also a Rams fan) that maybe it was McVay's genius to lose that game to SF in Week 18 knowing that the Niners plan of attack against GB was probably better than that of the Rams vs GB. The Packers seem to have our number, much like we have Tampa Tom's, and SF has had ours of late (until tomorrow). I think everything worked out according to plan and our guys are going to be more determined than ever.

Last night I caught the replay of the Week 18 game vs SF. The Rams totally dominated the Niners in all three phases of the game in the first half. I almost got sick to my stomach watching McVay throw deep on the third and one right before the half knowing what was to follow. But look at how this team has responded since then - total domination of Arizona and the same could be said for TB if not for those four uncharacteristic fumbles. Stafford has learned that if he takes care of the ball, the Rams win. The defense needs to finish off each play though. I've seen games earlier this season where you'll have defenders standing around while a ball carrier is fighting for extra yards. The Rams need to finish each play, everyone to the ball like Lovie Smith used to preach. Be physical, knock SF on their asses every change they get. I really do think the defense was embarrassed the last time and will play with more determination than ever tomorrow.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
No NFL team loses a game on purpose, especially with the division title on the line. There was no way of knowing Arizona was going to lose to Seattle. Even watching the scoreboard didn't tell anybody anything.....Seattle led by 7 at the half and they were tied after 3 quarters. It was a 4 point game with 6 minutes and change left. So yeah, the ways things worked out it was fortuitous.....SF beating Dallas, then GB the Rams beating Arizona, then Tampa and playing the CCG at Sofi.....but a genius move? I would say destiny. The Rams have a chance to end SF's streak, beat their arch rival in the CCG and play 3 home postseason games at SOFI. Now get it done!!!!

Montanaramfan

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No NFL team loses a game on purpose, especially with the division title on the line. There was no way of knowing Arizona was going to lose to Seattle. Even watching the scoreboard didn't tell anybody anything.....Seattle led by 7 at the half and they were tied after 3 quarters. It was a 4 point game with 6 minutes and change left. So yeah, the ways things worked out it was fortuitous.....SF beating Dallas, then GB the Rams beating Arizona, then Tampa and playing the CCG at Sofi.....but a genius move? I would say destiny. The Rams have a chance to end SF's streak, beat their arch rival in the CCG and play 3 home postseason games at SOFI. Now get it done!!!!
I was being sarcastic explaining it as McVay's genius;-) But yeah, things really have worked out in our favor. Much rather play this game vs SF in LA then the Packers in GB.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Clearly the NFLWWE writers booked this perfectly.

Hey c'mon...the Royal Rumble is on tonight. Then a Championship Rumble tomorrow night. :angry4::angry4::angry4::angry4:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
You want irony? This is irony.

BDA8EA23-FFF3-460B-A72C-3DDF6DC46E17.jpeg

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh man, Levis Stadium "South", as they are calling it, will be a place of doom from here to eternity. The bed the wife was caught cheating in. They will want to burn it. The Rams have to, and I mean HAVE TO win this game just to make bad memories a reality for the dreaded Whiner nation.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Damn. The Rams should have picked Sean McVay instead of Adam Carriker in 2007.
Yes. It may have been our version of the Waterboy.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Am I the only one who sees the irony in the fact that if we had beaten the Niners in Week 18, we most likely would have been playing in Green Bay tomorrow? If we had won that game, I believe the seedings would have been as follows: 1) GB, 2) Rams, 3) TB, 4) Dallas, 5) Arizona, 6) Philly, 7) NO. That means round 1 would have put the Saints at the Rams, Cards at Cowboys, and Philly at TB. Let's say the higher ranking seeds win that round. Round 2 would be Dallas at GB and TB at the Rams. I have about 0% faith that Dallas would have beaten the Packers in Green Bay. I remember telling my son (also a Rams fan) that maybe it was McVay's genius to lose that game to SF in Week 18 knowing that the Niners plan of attack against GB was probably better than that of the Rams vs GB. The Packers seem to have our number, much like we have Tampa Tom's, and SF has had ours of late (until tomorrow). I think everything worked out according to plan and our guys are going to be more determined than ever.

Last night I caught the replay of the Week 18 game vs SF. The Rams totally dominated the Niners in all three phases of the game in the first half. I almost got sick to my stomach watching McVay throw deep on the third and one right before the half knowing what was to follow. But look at how this team has responded since then - total domination of Arizona and the same could be said for TB if not for those four uncharacteristic fumbles. Stafford has learned that if he takes care of the ball, the Rams win. The defense needs to finish off each play though. I've seen games earlier this season where you'll have defenders standing around while a ball carrier is fighting for extra yards. The Rams need to finish each play, everyone to the ball like Lovie Smith used to preach. Be physical, knock SF on their asses every change they get. I really do think the defense was embarrassed the last time and will play with more determination than ever tomorrow.

God I hate those deep passes on 3rd and one. Drove me nuts with Goff and now when Stafford does it. Just run it or play action and throw a quick short pass and be done with it. Try that hero ball shit on 2nd and 1.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
God I hate those deep passes on 3rd and one. Drove me nuts with Goff and now when Stafford does it. Just run it or play action and throw a quick short pass and be done with it. Try that hero ball shit on 2nd and 1.
Agreed, against the whiners it's of utmost importance to move the chains.

MachS

Hall of Fame
If we win this game we will springboard into the SB with supreme confidence ready to face the Chiefs. And heading into next year our games versus SF will be much less mentally taxing. But if we somehow lose this game and have to watch SF play the SB in our own house after letting them into the playoffs week 18, I don't know how that doesn't roll into next year. Can't think of anything more devastating tbh.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
If we win this game we will springboard into the SB with supreme confidence ready to face the Chiefs. And heading into next year our games versus SF will be much less mentally taxing. But if we somehow lose this game and have to watch SF play the SB in our own house after letting them into the playoffs week 18, I don't know how that doesn't roll into next year. Can't think of anything more devastating tbh.

I didn't even think about that until now. The niners possibly winning it in our stadium. Just, yuck. The only thing worse would be them tainting our teams locker room. Would have to have it cleaned like a bio hazard went off in there.

Fortunately, if they do win, it's the afc's turn to be home team so I guess that's who would be in our locker room. So does that mean the rams might have to stay in the visitors digs?

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

McVay threw deep?

I think McVay called a play with multiple patterns, and the QB threw deep.

Now, he could have not went empty backfield, I agree there, but there were options on that play just like there were options on Kupp's big pass play on Sunday.