The impact of Allen Robinson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
IMO Robinson is an upgrade to Woods (I've always been a fan of Woods) in that he's faster and bigger. But Robinson brings that same work ethic and dynamic play we got used to getting out of Woods. With Robinson, the starting WR lineup really is now complete in the same way it was with Woody in the lineup. People don't realize that he brings 4.4 speed in that big frame of his. He wasn't satisfied with his Combine time of 4.6 so he dropped over 10 lbs and re-ran the 40 at his pro day and timed in the mid 4.4 range. He's still at that same weight.

This guy brings a relentless work ethic, much the same way Kupp is. Both are true technicians in the art of precision route running. He's an upgrade IMO to OBJ with a bigger body, good hands, precision routes, and almost as fast. The Rams are $9.3M over the cap. If they sign OBJ that closes the door to an edge. At this point, OBJ is a luxury. They made him an offer but he wants more money than IMO he's worth, especially for someone that won't play until December and has an injury-prone history.

The Rams were happy with Woods, Kupp, and Jefferson to start last season. This year they have Kupp, Robinson, and Jefferson which is an upgrade over last year's starting lineup. With Skowronek, Harris, and Tutu they look to have decent depth. In other words, OBJ is a luxury the Rams can't afford unless he modifies his asking price. I'm happy going into the season with the guys they have. I think it's wise for the Rams to sit on that cap space and see what shakes out late in TC with other teams thinking of roster moves. Keeping their options open is a wise move and Robinson allows them to do just that.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

every time i think about arob being on the team and now watching the crispness of his routes.

knob.gif

boner-excited.gif

MachS

Hall of Fame

every time i think about arob being on the team and now watching the crispness of his routes.

knob.gif

boner-excited.gif

Th
His route running is incredible, the separation he gets at the top of his routes is even better than woods. But the contested balls and 50/50 jump opportunities will take this offense to a different level. I can’t wait too see ARob in this system he’s going to go ballistic with Stafford. I think a legit case can be made he has the best performance : bad QB ratio in history.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Prediction:

First offensive-play of the Regular Season. Allen Robinson breaks from the huddle and approaches the line. Looks across, and sees the opponent's best cornerback walking-over to where Cooper Kupp is lining-up. Robinson then looks up towards the free safety, and sees him shade-over to where Cooper Kupp is lined-up.

Allen Robinson smiles ...

1658186768214.png

Attachments

• 1658186711798.png
    1658186711798.png
    377.7 KB · Views: 25

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg

knob.gif

boner-excited.gif

Ok, who got the tape of me Jerkin off. You're a sick individual, hopefully female, and you need help. I can be reached at just wanna help.com

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
If Robinson plays as well as we think he will, the Rams will be deadly. Imagine if OBJ is back in time for the playoff run?

oldnotdead

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
OBJ will be 30 in November and he's not projected to play until December. Even that along with his injury history and OBJ thinks he's being lowballed? As much as McVay would like him back, unless OBJ wakes up it's not looking like he won't be. Jefferson had a breakout year last season and looks like he could continue to improve. Except for Staffords elbow, I think he hits Van who was wide open in the back of the endzone on that last drive.

If there is an injury I'd like to see Powell. He's got good hands and decent speed. The Rams have decent depth at WR without OBJ right now.