The I was wrong about that thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I was positive they'd take Cutler and dump that bum Bulger.
Ron Bartell was going to be recognized as a shut-down corner.
Cliff Ryan would emerge as a Kevin Williams-esque DT.
Kurt Warner was my long lost father.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Warner4Prez said:
Ooh - good ones. I was on the Cutler train too.
Also thought Bartell was gonna be Mr Lockdown
I once wrote a lengthy article about Cliff too back when I had that other website.

Warner *IS* my long-lost father.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
fearsomefour said:
I havent been posting here long, but, some things I have been wrong about....

I thought Long was exactly like Grant Winstrom, a decent player who maxed his potential in college. I like the Drew Bennett signing. I liked the hiring of Spags....God, makes me gag to type that. Going back in time I thought the D line of Stokes/Gilbert/Butte/R. Young was going to be a great line, not good, but great. I told everyone who would listen the Rams HAD to find a way to draft Trent Dilfer. After watching Kaepernic in person through his college career I was glad when the Whiners went to him. In his college career he was not a very accurate QB. Sitting out at Mackay Stadium you would see him make a nice throw or two then miss wide open receivers. I guess coaching does matter.

There's nothing wrong with liking the hiring of Spags. He was the guy to get that year. I remember I was in my dorm room that year listening to his introduction Q&A session w/ season ticket holders.

Now, of course I thought Linny would be coach of the year in 2007 (he was 6 points away from 10-6 in 2006).

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Craig Dahl would retire as a RAM. No wait, Craig Dahl would be the best Safety in RAMS history. No, no, no I didn't say any of those things but I was right that he was turrible... just turrible! :rofl:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
MontanaRamsFan said:
Craig Dahl would retire as a RAM. No wait, Craig Dahl would be the best Safety in RAMS history. No, no, no I didn't say any of those things but I was right that he was turrible... just turrible! :rofl:
Cheap shot, total cheap shot.

but he deserved it, lol.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
DR RAM said:
MontanaRamsFan said:
Cheap shot, total cheap shot.

but he deserved it, lol.
Lmao

A55VA6

Legend
I remember when I thought Sims-Walker was going to be huge for us. Whoops.

NI Ram Fam

UDFA
Wow, I know it was only recently but I really forgot about MSW!

I really liked the Spags hiring as well as Billy D, despite knowing that Billy had a hand in drafting Ryan Leaf. I drank up all that kool-aid.

I also really thought that James Butler would solve the safety issues we've had since Archuleta and Williams were back there.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
The Dude said:
Warner4Prez said:
I once wrote a lengthy article about Cliff too back when I had that other website.

That would make you my long lost grandson

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I liked Devaney and Spags. In retrospect; I think Devaney just got the wrong coach and Spags took him down too. I still like Billy. But like our current brass a whole lot better. Spags isn't a leader at the HC level.

I liked Glen Dorsey over Long!

I wasn't thrilled with the Brockers pick. Too many failures at DT for me to stomach the risk. In addition, I felt the pick needed to go offense.

I was certain... SJ would retire a Ram.

Other than that I'm always right.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
CGI_Ram said:
I liked Devaney and Spags. In retrospect; I think Devaney just got the wrong coach and Spags took him down too. I still like Billy. But like our current brass a whole lot better. Spags isn't a leader at the HC level.

I liked Glen Dorsey over Long!

I wasn't thrilled with the Brockers pick. Too many failures at DT for me to stomach the risk. In addition, I felt the pick needed to go offense.

I was certain... SJ would retire a Ram.

Other than that I'm always right.
I'm still unsure why the Devaney/Spags combo didn't work. I think part of it is that Spags didn't have great position coaches, and when you're trying to build a team from scratch (i.e. young player through the draft) you need to have guys who can teach the position. I don't think Spags had great "teachers". You can have a good coaching staff that aren't great "teachers" if you have a veteran team, but we didn't. That's my best guess, because I also thought the Spags/Devaney combo would work

I also thought Jason Smith was going to turn it on in his third year...kind of the way Chris Long did.

duckhunter

Starter
The Dude said:
Warner4Prez said:

I think I was on that website with you. We wrote a few that were top ten searchlist material with megahits. It was daily fresh, original and poignant. You worked your butt off to keep it that way.

I think some was pirated but all in a learning experience.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
A55VA6 said:
I remember when I thought Sims-Walker was going to be huge for us. Whoops.

YES! I was a huge Sims Walker supporter as well. I wanted him pretty badly in free agency and I was pretty ecstatic when we signed him to a relatively cheapish contract. I watched him closely in 2009; when the Rams where not playing I would watch Jacksonville to see Torry Holt perform. So I thought I had a good gauge on him but turns out he was feeding off of defenses focusing on Torry in 2009, hence his down year in 2010 and then pathetic effort in 2011.

Wow just thinking of him dropping those beautiful passes from Sam in the Washington game smh... 3 passes that would have been resulted in 3 huge plays, 2 likely TDs...Poor Sam, standing tall in the pocket, stepping into the pass to get crushed by the dlineman who ate through J.Brown and J.Bell, and yet only to have his pass dropped by Mike Sims Dropper...

I was wrong....I was DAMN wrong about MSW.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
duckhunter said:
The Dude said:
Warner4Prez said:

I think I was on that website with you. We wrote a few that were top ten searchlist material with megahits. It was daily fresh, original and poignant. You worked your butt off to keep it that way.

The site I'm talking about was StlouisramsX.com. It was a blog and message board that I had back in the day before it was COMPLETELY trashed by hackers. That was awesome. I did a quick search and found an old rss feed, but clicking on the links does no good because the site is gone. So all I have to remember that site is summaries of old articles I wrote.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.blogtoplist.com/sports/blogdetails-25318.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.blogtoplist.com/sports/blogd ... 25318.html</a>

Sad face.

duckhunter

Starter
The Dude said:
duckhunter said:
The Dude said:
Warner4Prez said:

The site I'm talking about was StlouisramsX.com. It was a blog and message board that I had back in the day before it was COMPLETELY trashed by hackers. That was awesome. I did a quick search and found an old rss feed, but clicking on the links does no good because the site is gone. So all I have to remember that site is summaries of old articles I wrote.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.blogtoplist.com/sports/blogdetails-25318.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.blogtoplist.com/sports/blogd ... 25318.html</a>

I was there with you. The site was before it's time, for sure. What a shame.

I don't know if you remember me. I used my real name then, Vaughn McCain. I wrote a few articles. I remember an old Collected Bargaining Agreement article as hot and some CAP articles helped out. When the site went down I went to RRF and saw you went to PD. If you remember, I couldn't do the PD forum for telling dirty jokes in poor taste and got banned.

I always wondered what happened. One day it's there and then nothing. How many of us are there left?

Memphis Ram

Legend
I thought:
- LB Brian Allen and WR Milton Wynn were the STEALS of the 2001 NFL Draft.
- DT Damione Lewis would be a stud in Lovie Smith's defense.
- Mike Hoomanawanui was a steal for the Rams.
- LB Jabara Williams would be starting by now.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Since it will prib change after I post this I took a screen shot just cause I thought it ironic that the I was wrong thread was wrong look at the date lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365923467436.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365923467436.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 165

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Rabid Ram said:
Since it will prib change after I post this I took a screen shot just cause I thought it ironic that the I was wrong thread was wrong look at the date lol

:lmao: What the hell?

Well, I guess I should answer more appropriately then;

I was wrong about Billie Jean King and the Tet Offensive.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Memphis Ram said:
I thought:
- LB Brian Allen and WR Milton Wynn were the STEALS of the 2001 NFL Draft.
- DT Damione Lewis would be a stud in Lovie Smith's defense.
- Mike Hoomanawanui was a steal for the Rams.
- LB Jabara Williams would be starting by now.

Damn man, I thought Big Mike was going to bust out too! I was even calling that one last year when the Pats picked him up! :nono:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Now that my wife is not watching, I can admit to being wrong about something. The one of many things I've been wrong about here was the Rams drafting Janoris Jenkins. I thought it was too risky and the guy wasn't mature enough to stay out of trouble. I really didn't think he could be as good as his rookie year showed us. I stand corrected in SPADES!