The Great 8 Running Backs of 2020

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
NFL Running backs...

Looking around the league... who are your top 8 running backs in the NFL? Rushing, receiving, blocking, whatever combination of all that you value.

No need to rank them. Just the best 8.

Who are they? And any comment why, if you’d like.

2019 RUSHING LEADERS

C08A83CD-6410-4B4A-8ED0-0E1945063555.jpeg

2020 TOP DRAFT CHOICES

3D9C35F0-3138-4A0B-8E7F-54530A7BC2CB.jpeg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Me...

Set and Solid on the List:
  1. Henry
  2. McCaffrey
  3. Elliott
  4. Barkley
  5. Kamara
  6. Chubb
That leaves my debateable 2:
  1. Akers, CGI homer pick
  2. Jonathan Taylor, I’m grabbing another rookie I like

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Dobbins will thrive in that offense in Baltimore and with that offensive line Jonathan Taylor should be stellar as well as Chris Ballard has transformed that franchise. Lions Offensive Coordinator Darrell Bevell will look to pound the ball, but Swift will be teamed with Kerryon Johnson who will get the touches in the red zone to save Matt Patricia in Detroit & as to Cam Ackers, he'll be really good especially in the passing game and with some wildcat opportunities.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
Here's mine without including players just drafted.

Elliot
Barkley
Cook
Henry
Kamara
McCaffrey
Chubb
Jacobs

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
Here's my guess looking at just 2020 total yards:

McCaffery
Elliott
Barkley
Henry
Cook
Drake
Sanders
Taylor

A lot of better backs aren't on the list because of how they are used, or other talent in their backfield.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Me...

Set and Solid on the List:
  1. Henry
  2. McCaffrey
  3. Elliott
  4. Barkley
  5. Kamara
  6. Chubb
That leaves my debateable 2:
  1. Akers, CGI homer pick

Agree with Akers (Another HOMER here!!!)!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Saquon, Dallas RB, CMC, Dalvin Cook, Aaron Jones, Derrick Henry, Mark Ingram, Nick Chubb.

Of the rookies, the KC RB has the best chance to immediately take the load. Jon Taylor, Deandre Swift will have to share along with Cam. Deandre has the best chance of those 3 to be the starter.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think there's only 4 legit RB you can count on in Barkley, Elliot, Henry and McCaffrey. After that it's kind of a crap shoot IMO, although I expect to see Akers name added to the list

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
1591023137365.png

OT - don't know who is responsible, but it's pretty fucked up the way they sized/showed the Rams logo in that draft order.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I think there's only 4 legit RB you can count on in Barkley, Elliot, Henry and McCaffrey. After that it's kind of a crap shoot IMO, although I expect to see Akers name added to the list

I'd add Dalvin Cook and Nick Chubb to that list. I still have no idea why the Browns signed Kareem Hunt when they had a potentially-elite workhorse back in Chubb.

The final two names? Cam Akers and Darrell Henderson. I'm not even being facetious; I think that both of them could split for 1,000 yards each. That's how much I believe in both of them.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, after four games, Cam = 500+ yards rushing, 150 receiving? ~ CGI and Myself
@CGI_Ram

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd add Dalvin Cook and Nick Chubb to that list
Chubb maybe an oversight on my part, its just Cleveland... Its so hard to believe that they did something right. But over 5 ypc is hard to ignore... Cook? No way. Injury prone, gets knocked over with a feather.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Chubb maybe an oversight on my part, its just Cleveland... Its so hard to believe that they did something right. But over 5 ypc is hard to ignore... Cook? No way. Injury prone, gets knocked over with a feather.

Cook is injury prone, true, but he's fast, has solid hands, and is a good pass blocker. I can overlook injuries when they aren't chronic, which is why I'd add Cook to the list and not Gurley.

Believe me, I have nothing against Gurley, but he isn't close to being the back he was.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It’s so tough to say who is the best. Some success has to do with scheme, some has to do with how good or bad the Oline is.

Just going by instinct and trying to guess who still would look good on a bad team:

Drake
McCaffrey
Henry
Mixon
Barkley
Jacobs
Chubb
Elliott

I think Drake could be an MVP behind a good Oline and in the right scheme

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I still have no idea why the Browns signed Kareem Hunt when they had a potentially-elite workhorse back in Chubb.

because they're the browns. only they would have two workhorse backs on their team so they both put each other's rhythm out of kilter.

so funny how the media was all over them. shit for brains those people.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  1. Akers, CGI homer pick
Yeah Taylor will 100% be in the top group IMO. Look at what Mack did behind that OL last season and he was just a success-rate RB. Only prob there is Mack taking carries from him but I think they're gonna be a run-heavy offense with that old vet QB so carries should be there.

IMO the Colts will win their division this year in large part due to Taylor's addition. A RB might not have a long shelf life but these guys do make a difference.

Re: Akers... I have no doubts he will be a good pro. The Rams just don't have a line of similar quality.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
If only Damien Williams would put up the numbers in the regular season as he did in the Playoffs lol. But no, his numbers won't be increasing with Clyde in the mix.

This is as strong of a crop of rookie RB's I've seen in some time.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
If only Damien Williams would put up the numbers in the regular season as he did in the Playoffs lol. But no, his numbers won't be increasing with Clyde in the mix.

This is as strong of a crop of rookie RB's I've seen in some time.
Is Swift splitting carries with someone?