The Goff Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Joe montana was pretty laid back
Goff aint no Montana.
However, he's a good QB and he's all we got for at least a couple more years.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This thread is gonna be fun tonight/tomorrow...one way or another :LOL:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I expect a great game from our QB today. Opportunities will be there and hopefully Seattle tries a lot of cover zero because he'll be ready.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
He's 26 and predominantly a pocket passer. While a lot of folks are hoping his productivity translates similarly to what Rodgers, Mahomes, and Lamar Jackson has to offer; his play style is built to avoid the potential injuries that involve continuously making plays with your legs and exposing yourself to big hits. Wentz went from the best in the bunch to average exposing himself to those kinds of hits.

I'm confident Goff will ascend to elite level through continuity and staying course to his current play style. Pocket passers are built to play until their early 40s.
Agreed - see Brady, Brees, Eli. Pocket passers with dead feet but are consistent year in year out because they don't run.

Yes Wilson has amazing talent and his scramble ability is insane like Murray's and Lenses, but I always believe they are one hit away especially Murray and Wilson based on their small frame.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

he had a great game. it's not his fault the rams like running it in for tds.

i don't think mcvay is into padding qb stats to make them look good.

the offense methodically worked it's way down the field all game. kept the d fresh so they could do their thing and make wilson look average.

TexasRam

Legend
Goff shut the mouth of the naysayers yet again. HAHA.

Zero pro bowl players surrounding him with the exception of Old man Whitworth.

Yet Goff vastly outplays so called MVP Wilson in the most important game of the season.

Keep hating.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

seriously, how many great throws did goff make today. on the money all game except for a couple of throws. but he made a lot of pin point throws that needed to be pin point otherwise trouble was brewing.

DVontel

Rookie
Agreed - see Brady, Brees, Eli. Pocket passers with dead feet but are consistent year in year out because they don't run.

Yes Wilson has amazing talent and his scramble ability is insane like Murray's and Lenses, but I always believe they are one hit away especially Murray and Wilson based on their small frame.
Funny thing is that Brady & Brees in their first 8 years missed more games due to injury than Russ has in his.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Goff was very sharp throwing the ball today and made some big time throws.. huge improvement over last week and you can typically tell from the 1st drive how his day is going to go. I just wish he would hit on more of the deep opportunities. A lot of people say we need a true deep threat but we miss on deep open TDs every single game. The miss to Higbee hurt, I know he wanted that one.. and on one of the bootlegs he took the open flat WR instead of the open Higbee on the corner route for a TD as Aikmen pointed out. But that's kind of nitpicking because it still went for a gain of 10..but he had a wide open TD on a half field progression if he would have saw it. But looking at today objectively...Seattle has no pass rush, are 32nd rated pass D, and on a day when our running game was great and our defense played lights out we still only scored 23. So the offense still has a lot of room to improve and I hope we put it all together next week. Noteboom played pretty well filling in at LT so that is encouraging for TB next week.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

seriously, how many great throws did goff make today. on the money all game except for a couple of throws. but he made a lot of pin point throws that needed to be pin point otherwise trouble was brewing.
Yeah he had some beauties. The one to Higs was probably my favorite throw of the night but he had a couple others that most QBs can't make. His arm talent is something like that deep out to Woods. Could have been a much uglier game for Seattle too if he hit on a couple others like the same play to Higs (going the other way in the second half) where he torched the LB.

Missing a couple here or there is no issue for me that happens to good QBs. He played very well my only critique in this one is him holding the ball at times. When guys get behind you it's time to throw it away and live to fight another play.

The run game was great too. Really proud of the OL they owned the LOS on most of the snaps tonight. When this offense has that run/pass balance going it's something to see.

I think this team can beat anyone on any given day. Just string them together and avoid those oh-shit games and we'll be in business.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Yeah he had some beauties. The one to Higs was probably my favorite throw of the night but he had a couple others that most QBs can't make. His arm talent is something like that deep out to Woods.

True that, when he has time and gets his feet set his intermediate game is deadly. The comebacks and outs to the far hash are not easy ones to make and have to be perfect and thrown on a rope.

Missing a couple here or there is no issue for me that happens to good QBs

I feel ya he played very well today, it was great to see him bounce back after last week. Some of us just expect more from him because these are throws he connected on in 2017 and 2018 all the time. And with how our running game has been this year, if we start hitting a few more deep shots this offense will hit an entirely new gear.

TexasRam

Legend
Funny thing is that Brady & Brees in their first 8 years missed more games due to injury than Russ has in his.
Wilson really is the model for a QB that likes to use his feet. The way Jackson and Allen and Murray are taking several hits every game is problematic. They need to follow Wilsons example and get down every play. Don't take hits, or end up like Carson Wentz.

Scrambling QB's can have prolonged success, but not QB's that tuck it and take hits like a RB every game.

TexasRam

Legend
Goff was very sharp throwing the ball today and made some big time throws.. huge improvement over last week and you can typically tell from the 1st drive how his day is going to go. I just wish he would hit on more of the deep opportunities. A lot of people say we need a true deep threat but we miss on deep open TDs every single game. The miss to Higbee hurt, I know he wanted that one.. and on one of the bootlegs he took the open flat WR instead of the open Higbee on the corner route for a TD as Aikmen pointed out. But that's kind of nitpicking because it still went for a gain of 10..but he had a wide open TD on a half field progression if he would have saw it. But looking at today objectively...Seattle has no pass rush, are 32nd rated pass D, and on a day when our running game was great and our defense played lights out we still only scored 23. So the offense still has a lot of room to improve and I hope we put it all together next week. Noteboom played pretty well filling in at LT so that is encouraging for TB next week.
True points. But if we are going to be objective we have to admit that Goff's WR's had several drops that changed the course of posssessions. Plus most of the 4th quarter we were burning clock. Things out of Goffs control. Mcvay in the post presser mentioned the need to get better but also the reality that we packed it in to kill clock in Q4. There were several throws in that game that Wilson simply doesn't have the ability to make. The pick to Williams was an example. Not enough quick anticipation, heat and precision. Goff made that same throw on the opposite side of the field to Reynolds earlier.

DVontel

Rookie
Wilson really is the model for a QB that likes to use his feet. The way Jackson and Allen and Murray are taking several hits every game is problematic. They need to follow Wilsons example and get down every play. Don't take hits, or end up like Carson Wentz.

Scrambling QB's can have prolonged success, but not QB's that tuck it and take hits like a RB every game.
Doubt you actually watched him at all if you believe this, but that’s okay. You’re a Rams fans that loves watching your team so I don’t blame you.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff shut the mouth of the naysayers yet again. HAHA.

Zero pro bowl players surrounding him with the exception of Old man Whitworth.

Yet Goff vastly outplays so called MVP Wilson in the most important game of the season.

Keep hating.

Uh, zero pro bowl players around him except Whit?

I'd guess we've invested the 2nd or 3rd most in weapons for the QB - so if this is true, we need to trade/cut some guys

Status
Not open for further replies.