The Genius of Brian Schottenheimer

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

moklerman

Warner-phile
wfwtf.gif

CoachO

Hall of Fame
relax people, it was more like Bradford made his way in that direction and there was no one there for him to block. I think we all know, (at least most on here do) that Bradford is smart enough to stay out of harms way.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
relax people, it was more like Bradford made his way in that direction and there was no one there for him to block. I think we all know, (at least most on here do) that Bradford is smart enough to stay out of harms way.

I heard they had him walking shoeless over hot coals too!

moklerman

Warner-phile
Would this even be an issue if it was anyone other than Sam?
I think it would be an issue for any QB coming off an ACL injury. And it's a bit hypocritical in this particular case. Why would the Rams be going to great lengths to make sure there is no contact with Bradford by the defense and then run a play where Bradford initiates contact by design?

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I think it would be an issue for any QB coming off an ACL injury. And it's a bit hypocritical in this particular case. Why would the Rams be going to great lengths to make sure there is no contact with Bradford by the defense and then run a play where Bradford initiates contact by design?

over react much? He wondered in the direction of the play. The closest defensive player to Bradford was at least 10 yards away. This OP, IMO, was just one more attempt to draw attention to something where there was none. Nor needed to be. Obvious agenda based OP (take yet one more shot at Schottenheimer)

And by the OP reference, I am referring to the tweet that was copied.

Last edited:

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
over react much? He wondered in the direction of the play. The closest defensive player to Bradford was at least 10 yards away. This OP, IMO, was just one more attempt to draw attention to something where there was none. Nor needed to be. Obvious agenda based OP (take yet one more shot at Schottenheimer)

And by the OP reference, I am referring to the tweet that was copied.

Maybe it was an overreaction, but it sounded differently initially. It sounded more like Sam was the main guy doing the blocking. Glad to hear that wasn't the case. I just don't want Sam hurt, is all.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Maybe it was an overreaction, but it sounded differently initially. It sounded more like Sam was the main guy doing the blocking. Glad to hear that wasn't the case. I just don't want Sam hurt, is all.

I get that,, which is why the tweet was a gross exaggeration of what really happened.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Nobody's overreacting here. Its some of us having some fun at Shotty's expense...then there's the fact that there is no video to accompany the "report", so yeah...reading and picturing Sam get outside the pocket to run in traffic is gonna get a reaction.

On a more serious note, Jim Thomas has reported that he'll be shocked if Bradford even plays a down this Friday. There's a good reason for that. Caution.

Irish

Starter
Sam could've done it of his own volition because, you know, he is a professional quarterback and wants to practice and give his guys the right look.

I mean, I am not the biggest Schotty fan in the world by a LONG shot, but this seems a little silly to be blaming him for Sam running, most likely at half speed, up the field on a double reverse in practice

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Don't Panic guys...

Sam Bradford has been rebuilt, they had the technology, they had the capability to create the world's first bionic QB, Sam Bradford was that man, better than he was before. Better. Stronger. Faster.

and...

Sam Bradford initials SB...

also...

Super Bowl, initials SB...

also...

Sam gets his new socks from an alpaca farm run by an ex University of Phoenix graduate, that farm is based in Glendale, Arizona

it's written in the stars.....

**disclaimer: I may have made up the fact about Sam's socks. I am not a stalker. I have never been through his bins. Honest Judge....

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Why are we treating Bradford like a girl? He's a big dude, and he's a pro. We can have Bailey or Givens running out to throw a block, but we can't theorize (because he didn't actually block anyone) about Bradford doing it? Why? Because he's so fragile? It's one thing if he's meandering towards someone after an interception (think Kurt Warner vs the Saints), but it's quite another for him to be running interference on a double reverse. And no defender is going to go for his knee on that type of play. In fact, it's the opposite. Bradford will be the one going low.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Why are we treating Bradford like a girl? He's a big dude, and he's a pro. We can have Bailey or Givens running out to throw a block, but we can't theorize (because he didn't actually block anyone) about Bradford doing it? Why? Because he's so fragile? It's one thing if he's meandering towards someone after an interception (think Kurt Warner vs the Saints), but it's quite another for him to be running interference on a double reverse. And no defender is going to go for his knee on that type of play. In fact, it's the opposite. Bradford will be the one going low.

Not to mention; at some point he's got to take a hit (for himself and every observer) as part of moving past the injury.