The first 12 games the Rams were the best team in the NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Over the first 12 games, the Rams were one of the best teams in the NFL.

And they probably still are.

That's all I got.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock

That's all I got.

You’re right, of course.

They will be again.

I’m as sure as I have been about any forecast.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Over the first 12 games, the Rams were the best team in the NFL.

And they still are.

FIFY (y)

Seriously though...

Let’s hope tomorrow they remind us that “they are who we thought they were!” as Denny Green would say.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Defense concerned me well before it became a concern. When you win the problems the fans know about get ignored by and large in the media, but it remains a concern even though we're definitely better off with Talib back in the secondary.

We gotta get it on track here going into the playoffs. If they do that this team has just as good a shot as anyone.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Defense concerned me well before it became a concern. When you win the problems the fans know about get ignored by and large in the media, but it remains a concern even though we're definitely better off with Talib back in the secondary.

We gotta get it on track here going into the playoffs. If they do that this team has just as good a shot as anyone.

The defense concerned everybody after the Vikings game till now.

But as one member posted, they made plays when they had to and the rams hung on to win the games. They even made plays against the bears but Goff was awful so the rams couldn't take advantage of their turnovers.

The eagles game was their worst game by far. Sickening how good they made foles and those jag rbs look. But once the offense began to play towards the end of the game the d looked much better.

This d is not gonna win games on it's own for the rams, it needs a lot of help from the offense. Once the offense gets going again the d will make plays to win games for the rams.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That's all I got.
Can't argue...In 1968, that would have gotten us into Dolphins territory...

fearsomefour

Legend

The team is so unbalanced it leaves a thin margin for error.
The mirror team of the all D no O Fisher teams.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The team is so unbalanced it leaves a thin margin for error.
The mirror team of the all D no O Fisher teams.

It's true, sadly.
I am not on the fire Phillips wagon, not yet, but I so think that the change to a 3-4 may be the biggest mistake McVay has made.
I think he needed the validity and experience that adding Wade to his staff provided.
I wonder if the surprisingly fast success of McVays first season didn't push this team into contention before the defensive roster was built to contend in a 3-4. If we hadn't traded away so many picks, maybe in year 3 we could have had some young talent and depth and Wades 3-4 would be legit... but hindsight is always 20/20.
If McVay didn't need WP to get hired, would we have switched out of the 4-3? Would our defense be further along to help our O? I think probably so.
None of thats intended to say that I have a problem with McVay, Phillips or Snead for going berzerk in trades that didn't work. We were obviously close... might as well go for it.

Go Rams!

PARAM

Hall of Fame

I think it's more important to get the offense back on track. Not that we won't need the defense to play well too. Warner had an interesting comment during the SD game last night. (Paraphrasing) 'In the postseason you don't always win with your strengths. Sometimes you gotta win with the weaker phase. You're going to have an off game on your best side of the ball'. I found that spot on.

fearsomefour

Legend
It's true, sadly.
I am not on the fire Phillips wagon, not yet, but I so think that the change to a 3-4 may be the biggest mistake McVay has made.
I think he needed the validity and experience that adding Wade to his staff provided.
I wonder if the surprisingly fast success of McVays first season didn't push this team into contention before the defensive roster was built to contend in a 3-4. If we hadn't traded away so many picks, maybe in year 3 we could have had some young talent and depth and Wades 3-4 would be legit... but hindsight is always 20/20.
If McVay didn't need WP to get hired, would we have switched out of the 4-3? Would our defense be further along to help our O? I think probably so.
None of thats intended to say that I have a problem with McVay, Phillips or Snead for going berzerk in trades that didn't work. We were obviously close... might as well go for it.

Go Rams!
This is pretty much my take on it.
I'm not down McVay, Snead or anyone else at all. In fact, I'm estatic after two decades of losing.
But, I railed against the switch to the 3/4 because it was weakening the strongest part of the team at that point.
My biggest worry was Donald being slowed....that worry was unfounded obviously.
So, here we are now.
A team that can contend but with little depth across the board and missing or miscast pieces on D.
This offseason should again prove interesting.
I would be staying away from "sexy" picks this draft....WR, RB, QB etc.
I would be going best player on D in the first round and using the rest of the picks on D and OL.
In FA some big choices to be made but adding several pieces, solid vet players as opposed to a big name would be smart imho.
Suh. earning $14M when that money could buy a solid starting LB and a couple of 3/4 DL for a DL rotation....well, easily choice to me at this point.
Truth is, when the O is rolling, the D only needs about 4 punts a game (well, that and not giving repeated "free" long TDs by blowing coverages) to make the team almost unbeatable.
For the Rams title contention window to remain open more than a couple of years they have to draft well. It is the keystone to the whole thing.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is pretty much my take on it.
I'm not down McVay, Snead or anyone else at all. In fact, I'm estatic after two decades of losing.
But, I railed against the switch to the 3/4 because it was weakening the strongest part of the team at that point.
My biggest worry was Donald being slowed....that worry was unfounded obviously.
So, here we are now.
A team that can contend but with little depth across the board and missing or miscast pieces on D.
This offseason should again prove interesting.
I would be staying away from "sexy" picks this draft....WR, RB, QB etc.
I would be going best player on D in the first round and using the rest of the picks on D and OL.
In FA some big choices to be made but adding several pieces, solid vet players as opposed to a big name would be smart imho.
Suh. earning $14M when that money could buy a solid starting LB and a couple of 3/4 DL for a DL rotation....well, easily choice to me at this point.
Truth is, when the O is rolling, the D only needs about 4 punts a game (well, that and not giving repeated "free" long TDs by blowing coverages) to make the team almost unbeatable.
For the Rams title contention window to remain open more than a couple of years they have to draft well. It is the keystone to the whole thing.

That is what I would like to see from them in the draft and FA. Lets get back to using draft picks and enjoying the edge that Snead and his army of scouts give us.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The defense concerned everybody after the Vikings game till now.

Lot of us were concerned but there was also a great deal of opinion going out that defense doesn't matter this year and quite a bit of overlooking defensive core dysfunction.

I think the defense is better now. But for us to get through this playoff field we need more consistency on the back end at a minimum. And improvement limiting the blown run fits.

99 Rams are that example of how you need a defense. Tampa would have taken us down had the Rams not possessed such a quality defensive unit.