The Film Don't Lie: What the Rams Must Fix/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
The Film Don't Lie: Rams
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/11702/the-film-dont-lie-st-louis-rams

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- A weekly look at what the St. Louis Rams must fix:

We talked about penalties last week and they remain a problem as the Rams return home to take on the Dallas Cowboys in Week 3, but there's another issue the Rams had better rectify in a hurry before the Cowboys come calling.

St. Louis allowed Tampa Bay to put up 157 yards on 30 rushes in Sunday's 19-17 win, including 144 from little-known back Bobby Rainey. Through two games, the Rams are allowing 5.52 yards per carry and 171 yards per game on the ground, which is 30th in the NFL through Monday afternoon.

The Rams are springing leaks at all levels against the run right now with poor run fits and tackling at the heart of the matter. Pro Football Focus had the Rams down for eight missed tackles against Tampa Bay, which was an improvement over the 18 from Week 1, but still not enough to slow Rainey & Co.

Those numbers surely have Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray salivating. He has rushed for 428 yards and scored two touchdowns against the Rams in two career matchups, including a 253-yard outburst in 2011.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Undersized LB corp. Needs to be addressed in the next draft.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

1d6279bed75925a5f4215a8d74449c07.gif

Denzel Perryman from Miami.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
We made improvements from week 1 to week 2.
I expect the same in week three.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack

Bobby Rainey is what, like 5' 8"? What, are our linebackers 4' tall? That's no excuse. It was terrible placement, and the d line getting spread out way too easily. We stopped a bunch for loss or short gain, then allowed a handful for 10-20 yard gashes. That crap has to stop.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
With the D injuries we have suffered Fisher/Williams have had to make adjustments while the Team is getting settled into Williams's ways. I'm going to trust them!!

jjab360

Legend
That doesn't help us much for the next 14 games.

Playing the run is about discipline and effort. I think we are WAY SHORT on discipline.
I agree. There's no lack of talent or size, it's just about being where you're supposed to be and not missing tackles. I like the penetration I saw and the number of TFLs, but now we just have to limit the big plays in the run game.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
With the D injuries we have suffered Fisher/Williams have had to make adjustments while the Team is getting settled into Williams's ways. I'm going to trust them!!

Agreed. I'm excited to see the secondary once Tru comes back. He's our best corner in my opinion.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
It got fixed last season. It needs to get fixed again. Don't ask me why it's so bad again. It seems like our guys either stuff the run or get gashed for 20.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It's time for this well decorated dline to cut the crap and stop the run. Now!

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
This is shaping up to be rough since Murray is apparently our biggest weakness. Can we afford to stack the box with Dez Bryant and Jason Witten "Mr. Reliable" to throw to?

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
This is shaping up to be rough since Murray is apparently our biggest weakness. Can we afford to stack the box with Dez Bryant and Jason Witten "Mr. Reliable" to throw to?

Witten is nothing to fear anymore. Believe me, I was the idiot who drafted him. Romo has barely used him at all. It's just Dez and Murray.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Witten is nothing to fear anymore. Believe me, I was the idiot who drafted him. Romo has barely used him at all. It's just Dez and Murray.

Well thats great news but it's only week 3 so I wouldn't count him out yet.