The elephant in the room or on the field..

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Seven games of No Chance in Hell under that lousy offensive staff doesn't qualify as a "get your feet wet" rookie season. THIS is Goff's rookie season.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Reading all this discussion on Goff's development this year, it brings up fact that were all wanting to find indisputable proof that Goff has arrived- or at least I do!

It seems a lot of the so called NFL "experts" that were all calling him a bust last year are now changing their tune! Dont get me wrong I was worried myself, I just thought he deserved a shot considering the state of the team last year.
My concern now, I'm worried that after having a year of studying and analyzing McVay and Goff, defenses are going to be better prepared to play us. Is Goff going to be able to over come this!?

I want to believe this kid that's done all the right things and can turn the corner and be our "franchise"! We deserve it right, how long has it been since we've had some watchable football!? The thing that scare me is:

Nick Foles, RGlll, and Ryan Fitzpatrick to name a few one hit wonders!

So please, someone tell me that we've seen enough from him that we dont have to worry about him being added to this list!
No worries. This is an imaginary elephant. Goff and the offense will keep getting better.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Reading all this discussion on Goff's development this year, it brings up fact that were all wanting to find indisputable proof that Goff has arrived- or at least I do!

It seems a lot of the so called NFL "experts" that were all calling him a bust last year are now changing their tune! Dont get me wrong I was worried myself, I just thought he deserved a shot considering the state of the team last year.
My concern now, I'm worried that after having a year of studying and analyzing McVay and Goff, defenses are going to be better prepared to play us. Is Goff going to be able to over come this!?

I want to believe this kid that's done all the right things and can turn the corner and be our "franchise"! We deserve it right, how long has it been since we've had some watchable football!? The thing that scare me is:

Nick Foles, RGlll, and Ryan Fitzpatrick to name a few one hit wonders!

So please, someone tell me that we've seen enough from him that we dont have to worry about him being added to this list!

Seems like perhaps you're looking for something that exists for a very, very small number of things in life, indisputable proof...Trust your eyes, trust people that know far more than most of us here do...That's all you can do...Enjoy until or if the ride gets bumpy (in other than short spurts)...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Jarred Goff is in his first year under McVay and his offense. He is light years ahead of where he was last year already. He is grasping the offense and making it work. Halfway through the season he is making calls at the line with ease. He said, he is seeing things before they happen and gets excited when he knows they have the right play called before the snap. Goff is the real thing. This is basically his first year and look at what he has been able to learn, process and use effectively.

There will be more playbook to open as time goes by. He has shown that he can make the throws. I don't think there is any reason to believe that he has reached his ceiling after 7 games. He will keep getting better over the next several years. There is no way that his progress just stops.

Opposing coaches already know McVay's offense btw. He ran it at Washington. He isn't catching anyone by surprise with an unknown scheme.