The Early Games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Except they clearly didn't, since they got shut out in the opener 31-0.
Hard to argue that they had their players ready, don't you think?

VERY different context. Peyton was playing in a new offense when he'd only played in one offense his entire career and Gary Kubiak was going to install his offense. So you had what amounted to a "compromise" offense that wasn't really Peyton's offense and wasn't really Kubiak's.

And, honestly, it took them a fair bit to get it to work and if we're all being honest, Peyton never really got it to work. When Osweiler was in, they ran Kubiak's offense and he looked better than Peyton and if it weren't Peyton, Osweiler would have won the job.

They also repaid that 0-31 loss in kind to Buffalo with a 31-0 shutout to end the year.

I think this game against the Seahawks will tell us a lot and as such, it's hard to make too much of the one game one way or another.

I dunno if the Rams situation is remotely analogous to Denver's.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
VERY different context. Peyton was playing in a new offense when he'd only played in one offense his entire career and Gary Kubiak was going to install his offense. So you had what amounted to a "compromise" offense that wasn't really Peyton's offense and wasn't really Kubiak's.
That was Brady in the 2003 season.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Same difference. I get your point, but in this case it was NE being the established franchise with a history of winning overcoming a bad opening day.

That hasn't been the Rams since the 70s...