GAME DAY The Early Games - Week 16

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ellard80

Legend
No way 49ers sit players against us.
if they have home field advantage wrapped id say the chances are quite high they will.

I haven't seen any team in the past decade that hasn't rested their players for a full game to one half in that situation.

swmizzou83

Starter
if they have home field advantage wrapped id say the chances are quite high they will.

I haven't seen any team in the past decade that hasn't rested their players for a full game to one half in that situation.
It may also make a difference if them beating us keeps us out of the playoffs. Would be an extra incentive to play their starters. Still not sure they would risk injury just for that though

Ellard80

Legend
It may also make a difference if them beating us keeps us out of the playoffs. Would be an extra incentive to play their starters. Still not sure they would risk injury just for that though
non of that matters... its just not worth risking your Superbowl shot getting players hurt in a game that means nothing.

We were in a similar situation in 2017 or 2018 against them and sat everyone.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Right now it's not favorable for us unless we run the table.

The Vikings play the packers and then the lions again.

If the Vikings beat the packers - then the Vikings have one last game against Detroit left -- who may be sitting players depending on the situation.

If the Packers beat the Vikings then they have one game left against the Bears - if they win and we go 1-1 they beat us on the tie-breaker.

Seattle plays at home again the Steelers next week.... we really need the Steelers to pull off the upset that game to give us some cushion.

Not just cushion, we would clinch a playoff spot with a win and then a Seahawks loss next week.

GB/MIN loser is knocked out (and a tie would be even better for us) - only other teams that could finish 9-8 would be Seattle, Atlanta and Tampa but we hold the tie breaker over all three.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We sat our players in 2017, then lost the wild card to Atlanta. The risk of sitting your players is sometimes you lose your
Momentum.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
non of that matters... its just not worth risking your Superbowl shot getting players hurt in a game that means nothing.

We were in a similar situation in 2017 or 2018 against them and sat everyone.
I could see Shanahan starting some defensive players, like Dre Greenlaw and Fred Warner and playing them just long enough for them to intentionally injure Stafford, Kupp or Nacua, then taking them out after the first quarter.

I absolutely believe that is a possibility.