The Eagles still don't have a quality win

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
What a difference a year can make.

They mounted a comeback to beat a very bad Giants team.

Giants 3-8 (two of the 5 wins)
Falcons 4-7
Colts 5-5
Jags 3-8

Maybe Wentz is a trailer LOL. Right now he is a .500 QB though.

Anyway not to poke fun but he doesn't seem like he is as dangerous as he was his rookie year or last year.

Is it lingering effects from the knee injury and he isn't feeling confident yet? I don't know, I have seen bits and pieces of a few games and he just doesn't seem to be as dynamic throwing the ball. Forgetting about the run threat, he doesn't look like he can do much other than throw short and hope. He seemed to be going long a lot more before.

I posted in the early games thread that I am really glad the Rams went after Goff and not Wentz.

I don't wish the guy ill will, but I'm not a fan so to speak. I think he isn't going to get better, and I think he is going to have a rapid trajectory compared to Goff's.

Last year that O and D were good. This year they are both meh not so good.

jap

Legend
. . . and they are destined to receive a quality loss, curtesy of the Blue & Gold Horns.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Maybe we can put the Goff/Wentz argument to rest. Goff has more wins than any other QB the last 2 seasons. And I dont see a losing streak coming to change that stat.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I really, really, really want a get well game by the defense on that coming Sunday night.

I would love Goff to blow up all over the Eagles while they shit the bed in every phase.

It would be great to hear sports media reframe the discussion to "Goff was the better pick and is the better QB".

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Maybe we can put the Goff/Wentz argument to rest. Goff has more wins than any other QB the last 2 seasons. And I dont see a losing streak coming to change that stat.

No, you don't understand-- the Eagles' secondary is banged up.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
You watch Wentz and that offense and it amounts to guys running little hooks and curls where they just sit down in a zone or passes in the flat and occasional long bomb. You don't see Wentz hitting a guy on 20 yard deep incuts and hitting them in stride. They get little RAC unless a WR makes an exceptional effort to break a couple of tackles.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Another example of how impressively consistant our team has been over the last 2 seasons.

The eagles look totally different then tbe team that won the super bowl, roster however improved in the off season

TexasRam

Legend
I pounded the table for Goff coming out of college after watching both QB's college tape.

Goff was your ideal pocket passer with ridiculous accuracy throwing dimes all over the field.
Wentz was a more physical player that won by using his legs too much for my liking.

Their respective careers are playing out exactly as i envisioned. One mastering the pocket while the other recovers from injury and has to evolve his game more as a pocket passer.

That said this year Goff has a night and day better Oline and running back.

I suspect Wentz will be back to playing great football next year when his surrounding cast is healthy. But he has to stop running around like he is playing against lower level college defenses.

Liberator

Pro Bowler
Remember all the people who said Pederson was a better coach then McVay lol. Seems the true genius there was Frank Reich. Watching the Colts with a healthy Luck is telling in that regard.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you ask the media, we don't have a quality win either.

Ram65

Legend
On Wentz' side he came back in only 9 months with two areas in the knee repaired. Didn't have much time to really practice with the WRs. I see him holding the ball too long. It could be he isn't confident in throwing to spots and waiting for players to be open. The Eagle O Line has been banged up too.

I think he went back to some bad habits in his delivery. I'll wait till next year to see where he is at.

Knock on wood that Rams got Goff who seems to take hits and bounce back up. Wentz has a style that leads to injuries.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Just goes to show how quickly it can change for a team in the league. One minute you're champions, and the next your a bunch of bums. All the cards fell into place for them last year. I just hope it's our "year" for at least the next 5-10 years. (y)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Remember all the people who said Pederson was a better coach then McVay lol. Seems the true genius there was Frank Reich. Watching the Colts with a healthy Luck is telling in that regard.
Who ever said that?
Philly fans wanted Pederson gone last year up until mid season. Heck I think most of them still hated him even after winning the SB

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did anyone of you go over to that crazy youtube Eagles fan's home and knock on the door to make sure he's alright?