The dumbest pick in the draft?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I don't understand the Jets taking Hackenburg, but somebody in that organization seems to think he's worth it.
The draft rarely follows the scouts rankings, and Cook was #3 or #4 on most ranks. To see him go 7, bypassed by the likes of Hackenburg and Cody Kessler is crazy but what do we know.
TBH, I think the jets drafting Hackenburg means they will cave in to Fitzpatrick.

If nothing else, it means they better cave to Fitzpatrick, because it will be a disaster for both them and Hackenburg's future if he even sniffs the field this year.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well you cant ignore the circumstance, because it is the complete exception. Philly created a quagmire at the QB spot even prior to drafting Wentz. They will have committed some 50 mill in QB $$ which is just non sensical in any way shape or form.
Back up QB do NOT get 7 mill, which is what you said.
Of course on paper Kaepernick is the back up, but again not the same thing.
Using the absolute exception as the rule is akin to saying you can draft a QB in the 6th round like the Pats or grab one bagging groceries like Kurt. Sure they're the examples of it happening but so is winning the lottery. Doesn't make it a good business plan

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If nothing else, it means they better cave to Fitzpatrick, because it will be a disaster for both them and Hackenburg's future if he even sniffs the field this year.
Honestly, I don't see why Geno Smith doesn't get a shot with that offense. He hasn't been great so far in his career but he also didn't have the weapons at his disposal that Fitz had last year either.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Honestly, I don't see why Geno Smith doesn't get a shot with that offense. He hasn't been great so far in his career but he also didn't have the weapons at his disposal that Fitz had last year either.

Don't know. Although he's not a guy on whom I'd want to roll the dice.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
If that kicker can stay on that team for 7-8 years and be a consistent kicker, it was well worth the pick. As opposed to another guy who might not even be on the team in a couple seasons, let alone active on Sunday.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't know. Although he's not a guy on whom I'd want to roll the dice.
If not for getting sucker punched by a teammate, he was the starter last year and who knows if Fitz ever gets a shot.
I wouldn't anoint him, but I'd sure give him the chance to compete

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
"Complete; adjective; having all the necessary or appropriate parts."

Further comparison of the running backs is moot, as it seems you've already made up your mind and refuse to look at things objectively.
Major copout and lack of real understanding of what you were saying. Change my mind with your facts and "complete" details of the superiority of Elliott over Gurley. Give us a full page if you got it. I'm "completely" open to all the facts I don't have. ☝️

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't see where that is where the market is going. Philly is the only team paying 7 mill to a back up. Like you said, the veteran back up gets around 3-4 mill
The less confident the FO is with the starter, the more they'll pay for a back up.
No reason/doubt with Oakland and their QB. Carr is it.
So yeah, its dumb that they traded up for a guy they pray will never take a snap. Certainly not next year. And they already have a cheap, young backup in McGloin who has proven serviceable in the league

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Or keep McGloin on a cheap deal
Carrying 3 QB this year makes the move even dumber