The Dream Wild Card Scenario

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Could you imagine if Matthew Stafford and the Rams travelled to Ford Field in February to face Jared Goff and the NFC North Champions Detroit Lions?

It would be exciting and gut wrenching for some here. Matthew Stafford, returning to his longtime home in Detroit with all of his Detroit fans who rooted for him and the Rams in Super Bowl 56 and who took a measure of pride in his success that year, now wanting to kick his ass. LA fans who rooted for Jared Goff since his rookie year out of Cal and who followed his progress from afar in Detroit, now are faced with him being an obstacle. Matthew Stafford conquered the Stats Padford nickname and the " he could never win it all" label in Detroit.. Jared is facing a similar question as to whether he has what it takes to elevate a forlorn Lion's club over the Rams and to a Super Bowl title. Sean McVay ultimately decided that Goff couldn't get it done in Los Angeles causing Snead to make a deal with Brad Holmes in Detroit to swap #1 picks in order to change the calculus. So far, McVay has been right about the blockbuster trade for Stafford and now it's Jared' turn.

Wooo boy.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
"Don't forget about me, ya bastid!" ~ Josh Reynolds

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
..and after that game - we curb stomp the 49'rs. :laugh4:

Am I awake yet??? :woozy2:

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I was just thinking the same thing today. Talk about a storyline. Would be the most bittersweet playoff game of my fan life. Probably for a lot of us.
I will say, Detroit is the only team I'll root for in the playoffs if it's not us.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Would love that scenario, I think the Rams can win that game and shock a lot of people. If the Rams win out, no one will want to see them in the playoffs.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I would love that matchup. If we get in the playoffs I want either Detroit or SF. Detroit because they represent a good chance to advance with that shitty defense of theirs. SF because fuck the shitters and even a chance of derailing them is one worth taking.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Detroit is my ideal match up if we manage to make the playoffs. I think it would give us a real shot at getting a win in the playoffs personally. The Lions D has been absent recently and it would set up to allow us to do whatever we want on Offense. Goff has also looked shaky in last few games. I like it.

I really don't mind the Lions as a team and I'll be rooting for them of Philly to win the NFC if we don't.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think we can beat Detroit… but beating SF, round 1, would be SO FREAKING SWEET!!

sloramfan

Starter
i may be a goff guy, but...

no muther fu@&ing way will i be rooting for him EVER, against the rams...

i root for him against all others... just not my rams....

and for what it's worth... this team will kick their asses....

go rams

slo

TexasRam

Legend
Definitely would be quite a story line and weird position for both fan bases.

One thing I am really struggling with is I found myself rooting for the Niners over Philly a few weeks back.

Pretty Fd up I know. I have always hated the Niners more than any team. I grew up in the bay area and lived as a Ram fan through the Niners Dynasties.

A few reasons I think contributed to my new found hatred for the Eagles:

1. I hate that Fking coach and how Egotistical he is. They way he talks to the media and to his assistant coaches.
2. The Tush push. When they used it against us it pushed me off the edge. We had them beat if not for that stupid BS play that needs to be outlawed.
3. The Jalen Hurts hype. I've never seen a QB so overated. He has the most dominant Oline in the NFL and excellent skill players everywhere. In normal conditions he would be a journeyman backup.
4. I was forced to pickup Brock Purdy in my fantasy league with Stafford's plummeting value. Purdy saved my season so hard to hate the dude. Don't get me wrong, I hope he fails now that my season is over.

But yea, weird things afloat at the circle K.

I hope the Niners crush the Eagles then get crushed by some other team on the way to that Lombardi.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

One thing I am really struggling with is I found myself rooting for the Niners over Philly a few weeks back.

Pretty Fd up I know. I have always hated the Niners more than any team. I grew up in the bay area and lived as a Ram fan through the Niners Dynasties.

1. I hate that Fking coach and how Egotistical he is. They way he talks to the media and to his assistant coaches.
2. The Tush push. When they used it against us it pushed me off the edge. We had them beat if not for that stupid BS play that needs to be outlawed.
3. The Jalen Hurts hype. I've never seen a QB so overated. He has the most dominant Oline in the NFL and excellent skill players everywhere. In normal conditions he would be a journeyman backup.
4. I was forced to pickup Brock Purdy in my fantasy league with Stafford's plummeting value. Purdy saved my season so hard to hate the dude. Don't get me wrong, I hope he fails now that my season is over.

I hope the Niners crush the Eagles then get crushed by some other team on the way to that Lombardi.
No way, bruh. I haven't lived in California since 1989 and it STILL makes me ill to think of a possible Niner's Super Bowl win. Winning Super Bowl 56 by beating Frisco to get there, was the toughest (and sweetest) win in my life. Beating the Bengals was great, but the consequence of losing there wouldn't have been as soul destroying for me as losing to the Niners. They would have probably won that Super Bowl in our house which would have been intolerable.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame

Man you are tripping. Whiners are by far the most hated team for me and it isn't even close. I could never personally root for them at all, just against them. It's the only team where if anything bad happens, including career ending injuries, I'm happy as fuck because fuck that whole piece of shit organization.

John R

Rookie
Name
John R
Man you are tripping. Whiners are by far the most hated team for me and it isn't even close. I could never personally root for them at all, just against them. It's the only team where if anything bad happens, including career ending injuries, I'm happy as fuck because fuck that whole piece of shit organization.
That’s exactly how I feel. If we lose every game all season, but beat the Niners twice, I’d be happy.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame

This is the danger of playing fantasy football.

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311
I will be fine with whatever our rams do this year as long as the 9ers lose on their way to the Superbowl. losing the Superbowl works also but I don't want them there at all if the football bosses are paying attention. go rams.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I will be fine with whatever our rams do this year as long as the 9ers lose on their way to the Superbowl. losing the Superbowl works also but I don't want them there at all if the football bosses are paying attention. go rams.
Said it before and I'll say it again. I don't care when it happens but as long as the whiners season ends with a loss at some point I'm good with it.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

I could never root for the 49ers over any team. I know beating Seattle helps us but during the game I hated every good play the 49ers made.