The defensive committee looks to expand

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
• We hear it would not be a shock if one of the key contributors to the “collective effort” Rams head coach Jeff Fisher envisions to replace suspended defensive coordinator Gregg Williams is Williams’ son, Blake, the team’s new LB coach. Word is Blake Williams has as good an understanding of his father’s defensive scheme from an X’s and O’s standpoint as anybody on the team besides Fisher.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/0 ... ikings-ear

Meh. It's good that he's familiar with the scheme and all, but that doesn't make him a good coach. Clearly Fisher, McGinnis and Cecil are going to be more hands on with the defense as a whole. And for all the people who think this isn't a big deal, I have to ask... why even have a DC if this committee approach is just as good? Who's going to call the plays? Is Williams Jr experienced enough to anticipate what opposing offenses can do or how they trend? Who's going to manage the assistant coaches on defense? Fisher, apparently. So how does that affect the offense? It kind of spreads Fisher a little thin, I would think. I'm not a fan of this approach, by the way. I think the Rams need to appoint McGinnis (officially) the defensive coordinator at least for this season.