The day the Raiders and Rams both played their last games in L.A.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
If I were the NFL, I would NOT want to add any more teams any time soon.

Not only is there the talent dilution argument, but 32 teams is just a perfect number. Each team plays its division rivals twice, one intra-conference division all once, one inter-conference division all once, and the two teams in the intra-conference divisions that you're not already playing that finished in the same place as you once each. No fudging. No accusations of bias (at least not in the teams themselves. The fact that we're playing in Seattle in week 17 again is complete Brian Schottenheimer.)

Once you add teams, you lose that scheduling perfection.

Someone's eventually going to move there. It likely won't be the Rams unless St. Louis and Missouri screw up big time, but there's no need to add teams at this point.
Add 2 teams. Get rid of divisions. Play every team in your conference one game a year. I'm not worried about diluted talent.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
God thats a painful read, those are some horrible memories. As much as I liked showing up on Sunday and getting tickets for face value those were some tough times. I can't say that I didn't shed a tear or two in between soaking my sorrows in suds, lots of suds. Maybe those times are part of the reason I am sober.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Thinking if they expanded it'll be two London teams and two L.A. teams to even th conferrences.
Not sure how that would work without messing up the great system they have now. Unless you add them all to one conference, you have divisions with different numbers of teams in the same conference.

If you did add them all to one conference, then the 5 team per division conference has 8 games vs division rivals, 5 games vs another division, 4 games vs the division in the other conference... 17 games right there.

I'm not saying it will NEVER happen, but the NFL is going to be loathe to abandon the system they have by putting in more teams.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Not sure how that would work without messing up the great system they have now. Unless you add them all to one conference, you have divisions with different numbers of teams in the same conference.

If you did add them all to one conference, then the 5 team per division conference has 8 games vs division rivals, 5 games vs another division, 4 games vs the division in the other conference... 17 games right there.

I'm not saying it will NEVER happen, but the NFL is going to be loathe to abandon the system they have by putting in more teams.
Yeah I agree It won't be a walk in the park but one thing I've learned in life is money talks and the NFL like any business is always looking to increase their profits.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Hey, 8 year old me loved the frisbee dog!
I gotta say, that might have been the one part of the half time show I did enjoy. But didn't CR start that at the Coliseum? I thought I remembered a Frisbee dog also being part of the show when they played there.