The Best of Matt Stafford 2020

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
You can't post this stuff during work hours. Now I'm sitting at my desk with a hard on!

Tano

Legend
Did you notice that not one of those plays had pressure on Stanford from up the middle. That lions center is awesome. I just hope Corbett does a much better job keeping pressure off Stafford from the middle than Blythe did.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’d prefer to see a Stafford highlight reel from 2021 …JMO

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
That dude… man if any dbs lose track of a receiver, it’s over.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did you notice that not one of those plays had pressure on Stanford from up the middle. That lions center is awesome. I just hope Corbett does a much better job keeping pressure off Stafford from the middle than Blythe did.

I counted a few times.

And there were multiple times where he had pressure in general that he manipulated the pocket. The last play against Atlanta shows every single offensive lineman being pushed toward him and he just slid out of it.

Can't wait man. The league has no idea what's about to happen

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I like what Goff did for us. Won plenty of games. But its clear Stafford is an upgrade. His release is so much quicker. He can throw 40 yard bullets off his back feet, sidearm, on the run, etc. And he's much better at reading defenses. Where the pressure is coming from. Knowing where the hot reads should be. I'm getting impatient for the season to arrive.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Yeah, as much as I liked Goff, it is impossible not to see the difference in delivering the football and movement in the pocket. He can throw from any angle and his footwork doesn't need to be perfect. He sees and lets it fly. No doubt his ability to read the D is years ahead of Goff. This is a big improvement to the QB position. I just hope his age doesn't start to show in the injury department. I know he is tough and can play thru it, but that kind of stuff also adds to the wear and tear.

MauiRam

Rookie
I like what Goff did for us. Won plenty of games. But its clear Stafford is an upgrade. His release is so much quicker. He can throw 40 yard bullets off his back feet, sidearm, on the run, etc. And he's much better at reading defenses. Where the pressure is coming from. Knowing where the hot reads should be. I'm getting impatient for the season to arrive.
Once opposing defenses realized the best way to rattle Goff was to pressure him relentlessly, Jared began to display a "deer in the headlights" look far too often. We may never know how much responsibility McVay bears for Goff's decline (micromanagement stifling Jared's growth & creativity), however, on the other hand if he finds his mojo in Detroit maybe we will. I'll still root for him except when he plays us.

Clearly Stafford is more predator than prey - very slippery in the pocket he is the aggressor. With the talent now available to him - it may well be the Rams become a team no one wants to play.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I counted a few times.

And there were multiple times where he had pressure in general that he manipulated the pocket. The last play against Atlanta shows every single offensive lineman being pushed toward him and he just slid out of it.

Can't wait man. The league has no idea what's about to happen
~3:34 and ~5:00 there's pressure up the middle, as you said. I kind of skipped to the middle since I'd already started the video once the other day but wasn't counting then.

dang

Legend
dont know when, but my money is on Jacob Harris
train
That would be a nice surprise but I’m not counting on that happening this year. He’s a rookie with limited experience but a lot of potential.