The All-Still Available Team (any interest?)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Here is a list of players who are still on the market (excluding players who played for the Rams last year).

With the Rams now sitting on $11M in cap space, any names that tempt you?

QB: Carson Wentz
RB: Kareem Hunt
RB: Leonard Fournette
WR: Odell Beckham, Jr.
WR: Marvin Jones, Jr.
WR: D.J. Chark
TE: Irv Smith
OT: Taylor Lewan
OT: Donovan Smith
OG: Ben Jones
OG: Dalton Risner
C: Will Clapp

DL: Jadeveon Clowney
DL: Bud Dupree
DL: Akiem Hicks
OLB/EDGE: Justin Houston
OLB: Carlos Dunlap
ILB: Kwon Alexander
ILB: Myles Jack
CB: Rock Ya-Sin
CB: Shaq Griffin
S: Rodney McCleod
S: Terrell Edmunds

PK: Robbie Gould
P: Andy Lee

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
What we currently have now is probably what we'll run with when the season starts. In the unlikely event we're actually wwinning then I could see them looking for a trade before the deadline. If I hope It would be more than a one year rental. 2024 is still the target year.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
If he can be had on a reasonable contract I'd be interested in checking out Dalton Risner.
That's about it though....

~ArkyRamsFan~

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Interested in any? Yes. Will we sign any, no.

Would like Risner, Jack, Hunt

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No Money. No Signing any of them.
The Rams are currently $11M+ below the cap.

OTC reports that the Rams “rookie pool” expense is $10.2M. They note, however, that:

Rookie Pool Estimates​

The Rookie Pool is the total cost in cap dollars that a team needs to sign its rookies in the summer. The cap space required to do this is less than the rookie pool. This is because every draft pick signed will replace a player already counting against the cap.
So the Rams do still have some money to spend, if they wish (and there are many ways to clear more $).

Last edited:

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
All are short 1 -2 year deals and under the theory, we will have an estimated 10-12 mil for FA's
and still, be able to sign the draft class

Yannick Ngakoue - he can get to QB but is poor against the run
Risner - probably way out of reach
Rock Ya-Sin - why not add depth to a very questionable and unproven group can play man

Other Possibilities
Frank Clark - has been effective in pressuring QB and could rotate
Justin Houston - he is another older pass rusher that is still effective
Irv Smith - A TE that would add depth and if he stays healthy could be a solid player
John Johnson - You know what he is

*All above have flaws and with our situation, you have to be realistic about who may sign a short-term prove it.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Reworking Brian Allen's deal clears up some more. If they really focused on offense kicking the tires on OBJ might be an option. He did have a good rapport with Stafford. Seemed like Stafford trusted him more than he did Robinson. But it would have to be a contract with incentives. Mainly how many games he plays. Not sure OBJ would go for that.

dang

Legend
First you have to ask ‘Are any of these FAs part of the plan for 2024 and beyond?’. The next question you have to ask ‘Can you get any of these FAs at a price less than or equal to their vslue?’.

It would make 0 sense to sign any FA on a one year deal or overpay for them. 2023 is an ‘evaluation & build year’ NOT a ‘Title Run year’.

With that said - I would think for the right price the following could make sense:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here is a list of players who are still on the market (excluding players who played for the Rams last year).

With the Rams now sitting on $11M in cap space, any names that tempt you?

QB: Carson Wentz
RB: Kareem Hunt
RB: Leonard Fournette
WR: Odell Beckham, Jr.
WR: Marvin Jones, Jr.
WR: D.J. Chark
TE: Irv Smith
OT: Taylor Lewan
OT: Donovan Smith
OG: Ben Jones
C: Will Clapp

DL: Jadeveon Clowney
DL: Bud Dupree
DL: Akiem Hicks
OLB/EDGE: Justin Houston
OLB: Carlos Dunlap
ILB: Kwon Alexander
ILB: Myles Jack
CB: Shaq Griffin
S: Rodney McCleod
S: Terrell Edmunds

PK: Robbie Gould
P: Andy Lee
At the right price, I'd take Bud Dupree, A'Shawn Robinson (back), Kareem Hunt, Dalton Risner, John Johnson III, Poona Ford, or Yannick Ngakoue.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
At the right price, I'd take Bud Dupree, A'Shawn Robinson (back), Kareem Hunt, Dalton Risner, John Johnson III, Poona Ford, or Yannick Ngakoue.

Bring your wallet, apparently the Rams misplaced theirs.

Ram65

Legend
I posted about a 3-4 year deal for OBJ in another thread.

Not a great list for 3-year deal types. I'm not crazy about short-term deals at this time in the rebuild. Some good pass rushers but, not for a 1 year deal.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Probably add a couple in the 2nd round of FA after the draft.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
First you have to ask ‘Are any of these FAs part of the plan for 2024 and beyond?’. The next question you have to ask ‘Can you get any of these FAs at a price less than or equal to their vslue?’.

It would make 0 sense to sign any FA on a one year deal or overpay for them. 2023 is an ‘evaluation & build year’ NOT a ‘Title Run year’.

With that said - I would think for the right price the following could make sense:
100% agree just wasting money.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
So if we sign the center on that list, does that mean we have the Clapp?

I'll see myself out now.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Sign Risner cheap and backload it. Then do your mid to late round OL bs because we know it won't be early. At least that way we should have strong competition on the interior.

Standing pat is very risky. Really hope they know better.