1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Aftermath: A Post-Combine Memento Mock Draft.

Discussion in 'MOCK DRAFTS' started by Memento, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Memento

Memento Ser Memento (alias, The Winged Knight).

Credit:
    $100,989.03
    So, after all of the events of the Combine (and certain events involving a certain Floridian team), I decided to make yet another mock draft to keep up with the times. So...let's do this, shall we? (As a note, I'm still getting used to my new computer, so analysis of the picks will not be in this mock. I will explain why I made them if asked, though.)

Cut

Cortland Finnegan, Scott Wells, Harvey Dahl, Jermelle Cudjo, Mike Person.

No surprises here.

Resign

Tim Barnes.

Rodger Saffold leaves for a shot at a left tackle job. Barnes provides depth, so we resign him to a fair contract.

Trades

Chris Givens to the Cleveland Browns for #71.

Cleveland requires a number two receiver to pair with Gordon and Cameron, and we get a third round pick for an underachieving receiver. Fair value.

#2 overall pick: TRADED to the Miami Dolphins for Dion Jordan, #19 overall pick, #81 overall, and a 2015 second round pick.

If Dion Jordan's name really is on the trading block (and for the purposes of this mock, let's say he is), we should make a strong effort to obtain him. People with his athleticism and pass-rushing prowess don't grow on trees, and giving Gregg Williams another toy to play with is never a bad idea. Just imagine a linebacking core with Laurinaitis, Ogletree, and Jordan. Scary, huh?

#13: Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh.

#19: Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State.

#44: Jimmie Ward, FS, Northern Illinois.

#71: Pierre Desir, CB, Lindenwood.

#75: Devonta Freeman, RB, Florida State.

#81: Dakota Dozier, OG, Furman.

#106: Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami (Fl.)

#141: Brett Smith, QB, Wyoming

#172: Russell Bodine, OG, North Carolina.

#203: L'Damian Washington, WR, Missouri.

#218: Marcus Lucas, WR, Missouri.

Thoughts, critiques, questions, all are welcome.
    Tron likes this.
  2. Thread Status: You only have permission to view the first post in this thread.