The 20 Random Thoughts I've Dreamed of Writing for Years

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
1. What an amazing feeling this is!

2. I'm thinking of the number 99...

3. This team has ascended to the summit occupied by the '99 Rams, and nobody can take that away from us.

4. MVP Cooper Kupp had 99 yards from scrimmage, and we needed every last one.

5. And number 99... Aaron Donald... arguably the greatest Ram ever.

6. So much happened in the course of one game. For a portion of the first half, it was the Rams that Sean McVay envisioned... dynamic, moving the ball down the field, and scoring.

7. Then, OBJ goes down (hope its not a major injury) and the offense - which could not run with any success all night - stagnated.

8. The start of the second half was a nightmare. Jalen Ramsey gets mugged on the long TD (can't believe no call on that one) and a bad bounce gives the ball right back to the Bengals.

9. Then, the defense decided to take matters into its own hands. Six second half sacks, including 5 from the three headed monster of Donald, Von Miller and Leonard Floyd.

10. And, finally... when the game was on the line, Matther Stafford showed why he was worth his price and more, and Kupp proved (in case there was any remaining doubt) that he was the best offensive player in football this season.

11. With all the stars, its easy sometimes to overlook the role players. Four deserve a shout out. On offense, Darrell Henderson and Brycen Hopkins had 43 and 47 yards receiving to help fill the void left by OBJ's injury. On defense, A'Shawn Robinson stuffed the run all night and added a sack, and Earnest Jones had six tackles, two TFLs and a sack.

12. There are a lot sports cliches, and most of them are exaggerations, but tonight I truly believe: the Rams left it all on the field. From those who limped off, to those who fought to the last play, to those who may have played their last snap tonight... this team gave its all. I felt that way 42 years ago when the Rams fought the Steelers to the end. Tonight, they got the pay off.

13. There will be a ton of questions about who will be back next year and how this team can put a roster together that can compete to repeat. I'll address that in the next couple of weeks. Right now, I just want to savor this win.

14. Before the game, I prayed for an easy night. A runaway win. A laugher like we used to see in the 80s and 90s. That would have made for a less stressful night. But, in the end, this is how it had to be, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

15. Congratulations and a ton of respect to the Bengals. They will be a force to be reckoned with in the AFC for years. They gave us all we could handle.

16. Remember back in November when people accused this team of having the talent, but not the toughness? To those people: how do you like us now?

17. I've been a fan of this team for over 40 years. I know that some of you have been fans even longer. We all know how special this is. Obviously, it doesn't come around very often. We'll remember and cherish this one forever.

18. Thanks for sharing this ride. I've now taken my bows, and my curtain calls. You've brought me likes, and high fives and everything that goes with them... I thank you all.

19. But most of all, thanks to a group of players who faced a challenge before the whole human race and said, with one voice, "I ain't gonna lose!!!!!!!"

20. We are the Champions, my friends!

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Footnote on the Hopkins point: I just re-watched the Kupp run on 4th and 1... Hopkins made an amazing block on Hubbard that allowed for the cutback that Kupp needed. Really well done!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The best prediction I heard concerning. This game was from a YouTuber named Chiseled Adonis, and he said we would win but the Rams would drive us to drink a lot of whiskey before the game was decided. So I have to disagree slightly with dear AvengerRam…bruh, I could have lived with a blowout!

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
1. What an amazing feeling this is!

2. I'm thinking of the number 99...

3. This team has ascended to the summit occupied by the '99 Rams, and nobody can take that away from us.

4. MVP Cooper Kupp had 99 yards from scrimmage, and we needed every last one.

5. And number 99... Aaron Donald... arguably the greatest Ram ever.

6. So much happened in the course of one game. For a portion of the first half, it was the Rams that Sean McVay envisioned... dynamic, moving the ball down the field, and scoring.

7. Then, OBJ goes down (hope its not a major injury) and the offense - which could not run with any success all night - stagnated.

8. The start of the second half was a nightmare. Jalen Ramsey gets mugged on the long TD (can't believe no call on that one) and a bad bounce gives the ball right back to the Bengals.

9. Then, the defense decided to take matters into its own hands. Six second half sacks, including 5 from the three headed monster of Donald, Von Miller and Leonard Floyd.

10. And, finally... when the game was on the line, Matther Stafford showed why he was worth his price and more, and Kupp proved (in case there was any remaining doubt) that he was the best offensive player in football this season.

11. With all the stars, its easy sometimes to overlook the role players. Four deserve a shout out. On offense, Darrell Henderson and Brycen Hopkins had 43 and 47 yards receiving to help fill the void left by OBJ's injury. On defense, A'Shawn Robinson stuffed the run all night and added a sack, and Earnest Jones had six tackles, two TFLs and a sack.

12. There are a lot sports cliches, and most of them are exaggerations, but tonight I truly believe: the Rams left it all on the field. From those who limped off, to those who fought to the last play, to those who may have played their last snap tonight... this team gave its all. I felt that way 42 years ago when the Rams fought the Steelers to the end. Tonight, they got the pay off.

13. There will be a ton of questions about who will be back next year and how this team can put a roster together that can compete to repeat. I'll address that in the next couple of weeks. Right now, I just want to savor this win.

14. Before the game, I prayed for an easy night. A runaway win. A laugher like we used to see in the 80s and 90s. That would have made for a less stressful night. But, in the end, this is how it had to be, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

15. Congratulations and a ton of respect to the Bengals. They will be a force to be reckoned with in the AFC for years. They gave us all we could handle.

16. Remember back in November when people accused this team of having the talent, but not the toughness? To those people: how do you like us now?

17. I've been a fan of this team for over 40 years. I know that some of you have been fans even longer. We all know how special this is. Obviously, it doesn't come around very often. We'll remember and cherish this one forever.

18. Thanks for sharing this ride. I've now taken my bows, and my curtain calls. You've brought me likes, and high fives and everything that goes with them... I thank you all.

19. But most of all, thanks to a group of players who faced a challenge before the whole human race and said, with one voice, "I ain't gonna lose!!!!!!!"

20. We are the Champions, my friends!
Brother, I have not read a single thing that you posted. Maybe that's because of too many Scotch's . Let me just say (after multiple edits), I am still so high on this win! My life is complete. My kids know Dad is in a better place.

I love you all! Winning heals all!

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
It truly was a storybook ending - what a season. It's arguably as crazy as KW's story and his rise to a SB champ. Except this time, we just had so many other characters in play, so many crazy things happen (from injuries to trades mid-way through the season, etc.). I was thinking it since the NFCC game - there's just no way we can make it this far and lose the SB. There's just no way. It was a hard fought game and just showed the toughness and perseverance of this team. What a team - what a lesson in LIFE - to keep going and fighting.

This was one of the most epic stories a season could have, in my opinion.

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE THE CHAMPS!!!!!!!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
When the Rams win championships they do it in storybook fashion. :startstruck:

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
love these post you do. hope you keep them coming during the off season

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
love these post you do. hope you keep them coming during the off season
It won’t be a weekly thing, but I’ll definitely be doing posts about keeping this thing going, free agency, the draft, etc.

Thanks for reading!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Well done @AvengerRam
High Five Way To Go GIF by SmileDirectClub