That wacky final play against Seattle

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good stuff man. I like these breakdown perspectives. I just don't think it was that unusual. Similar to what a counter does. Gets the defense going one way with the initial direction, and goes the other way with a blocker other than the FB.
Yeah that's the crazy part. Sooo far for Barksdale to run, not just past the LT but also to get past the 2nd LT.... on a short yardage play... Also strange seeing a counter play coming out of an I. I kinda wondered if Mason was supposed to lean right like a John Riggins redskins thing, but not on short yardage like that when split seconds count.

The weird thing when watching it live was seeing ANY Ram chasing Mason around the end. Then when you slomo the thing and realize it's Barksdake... you just have to go "huh, that's wacky. Why is he over there?"

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I'm pretty sure #77 on the Rams piling on played a role with Harkey emerging with the ball (check out his feet wiggling while his right arm is...working?)

Great post btw!!!!

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Man can imagine that play IF Barksdale was there in time for the kick out lead block?!?!?!? I'm thinking 27 goes to the house with it, because he would not have had to take such a big cut back towards the middle of the field. I think his speed would have given him the corner around Chancellor.

Penguin.

Rookie
I am glad we finally had a call go our way and not either go unnoticed or go against us.

Debacled

Starter
Thinking perhaps Barksdale was pulling around to give Mason a push from behind to get the 1st if he got stood up there.

Can't imagine anyone thought he would have been able to pull around an extra linemen on the left side to spring a block for Mason.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
I'm pretty sure #77 on the Rams piling on played a role with Harkey emerging with the ball (check out his feet wiggling while his right arm is...working?)

Great post btw!!!!

Sherman probably turned his back to #77 specifically because he is absolutely the very last Ram you'd want to be wrestling with for a ball at the bottom of a pile. Take your chances with Person and Harkey. Longest 90 seconds of Sherman's life.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
Crazy play to finish a crazy game... Props to Harkey and the O-Line for going hard until it was whistled dead.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Thinking perhaps Barksdale was pulling around to give Mason a push from behind to get the 1st if he got stood up there.

Can't imagine anyone thought he would have been able to pull around an extra linemen on the left side to spring a block for Mason.

Who knows, you might be right. But wacky wacky wacky...

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Awesome thread. Allow me to contribute.

Seahawks-vs-Rams-ending.gif
If the Seahawks tried to recover the fumble instead of indicating they had the ball, they may have rcovered it.