Texans Camp Adventure (aka Angry Ram is unimpressed by the 40 crappers)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Sooo I came and went, and this isn't a traditional camp report, because a.) I'm not a scout/coach and b.) this is more for fun and me taking advantage of living in an NFL city and just documented what I observed.

First things first, from now on, ANYONE that tells me or tries to tell me the NFL is "dying" or losing fans, etc etc; that argument will be completely ignored and/or shot down by me. Practice today was PACKED. And that means all those people willingly signed up to get tickets and got them. And they were rowdy and loud, for a team that finished 4-12. Who knows how many tried to get tickets and didn't get any? Remember the whole Bob McNair "inmates" statement? No one cared about that today; only PFT and ESPN Radio did. No one can convince me that people are giving up on the NFL.

Anyway, let's get to the stuff we care about, how the 40 shitters looked to me.

In a word....mediocre.

- Texans 1st and 2nd string offense were continuously owning shitter DBs. In fact, Will Fuller burned them TWICE on go-routes, but Deshaun Watson overthrew them both times. That happened right in front of me.

-During the 7 on 7s (I think it was 7 on 7s), Deshaun and DeAndre Hopkins were on fire. DeAndre especially had a crazy circus catch against some shitter defender. DeAndre Hopkins is a freakin stud, especially in real life. Dude is OP.

-Jimmy Garawhatever's first pass on 7 on 7s was........intercepted by Kareem Jackson. LOL.

-The one place where the shitters looked somewhat decent was their DL, going one on one with Texans tackles. And in team drills the RBs couldn't get anything going. Of course, Houston's OL ain't that good, so I wouldn't read too much into that. Haha.

-Dick Sherman was suited up and didn't participate. Well actually he went on a couple one-on-ones with DeAndre. But ehh. The rest of times I did see him, he was mouthing off or whining. Typical.

-Some shitter defender wanted to play dirty and went for Brandon Weeden's legs. Lame.

-Matt Lengel (Texans TE) had some sickkk cut moves on a route that led a shitter defender grabbing air LMAO.

And for the rest of the Texans, this is a pretty good looking squad. Aside from their superstars, got some promising rookies like Justin Reid, Jordan Thomas (TE), Keke Coutee (WR). DeAndre Hopkins...man I can't get over him. Holy hell he's good.

I couldn't really tell otherwise who "looked good" or didn't. The team came out and did their drills...boom boom and rotated. It was direct and to the point.

Other stuff...I'm shocked at how many grown ass adults were freaking out over obtaining an autograph. J J Watt is one thing, but Alfred Blue? Chris Covington? I'm not saying I wouldn't try to get one, but I'm not screaming at the player and shoving crap in their faces.

They had a bunch of booths set up with sponsors hocking crap. I did obtain a free official size football from one of them too...and not to brag, but I also got a passing accuracy challenge completion.

Here's some pics for your viewing pleasure. I know, I know, what y'all are thinking. Where the fuck is your pic with the cheer squad? Wellll....they came and went DURING practice. And it was only 2 girls...which were the ones that looked like they were right out of high school. Not the ones I crush on. So some other time. Although, some blonde came and purposely sat next to me....like shoulder to shoulder. I could tell she had shampooed that morning, as the breeze was kickin that scent to me. So there's that...lol.

20180816_072842.jpg
20180816_080447.jpg
20180816_082944.jpg
20180816_091616.jpg
20180816_100409.jpg
20180816_100922.jpg
20180816_102553.jpg
20180816_103425.jpg
IMG_20180816_104241.jpg
20180816_113044.jpg
20180816_104635.jpg

"Man, the Texans are really owning us right now. How the FUCK are we gonna take on the Rams?!"

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Beautiful report, Angry. I always appreciate camp reports and analysis, and I thought that yours was spot on.

This is why I think that the Sixty-Niners aren't going to do well. Garappolo is not a deep ball thrower, their secondary is extremely questionable, and they're quite overrated.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No one cared about that today; only PFT and ESPN Radio did

nobody but the media cares about it, period. i'm not even sure why the media harp on about it. i never click on a story about it or watch it on tv. where are they getting their data from that they think the nfl fans care about this issue?

And it was only 2 girls...which were the ones that looked like they were right out of high school. Not the ones I crush on

i dream about those kind of girls. throw us a bone.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Beautiful report, Angry. I always appreciate camp reports and analysis, and I thought that yours was spot on.

This is why I think that the Sixty-Niners aren't going to do well. Garappolo is not a deep ball thrower, their secondary is extremely questionable, and they're quite overrated.
Jimmy G is REALLY good at dinking and dunking! Quick release Jimmy G...lol

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
You should have got the blonde's # Angry.

But thanks for the report and cool pics!

I was also hoping to hear about you trolling a whiner or 2. :sneaky:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
nobody but the media cares about it, period. i'm not even sure why the media harp on about it. i never click on a story about it or watch it on tv. where are they getting their data from that they think the nfl fans care about this issue?

A couple people at my work did, but they are def in the minority. They aren't NFL fans to begin with, though.

i dream about those kind of girls. throw us a bone.

Think about it it this way...when I was 11, they were a year old. It's just weird.

You should have got the blonde's # Angry.

I would have if her husband didn't sit next to her. Oooof.

I was also hoping to hear about you trolling a whiner or 2. :sneaky:

Tried, but they were mostly shuffled to the back fields. Except toward the end, which some kid did my job for me.