Teenagers drug parents to use internet after hours

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.redorbit.com/news/technology ... ke-010713/

Apparently, some teenagers REALLY love using the Internet. A 16-year-old California girl is being investigated by local police after she and a 15-year-old friend reportedly drugged her parents in order to get around a curfew preventing the two teenagers from going online after hours.

The unnamed Rocklin native and her alleged accomplice were attempting to get around the household’s 10pm ban on Web surfing by spiking her parent’s milkshakes with ground-up sleeping pills, Jeff Blagdon of The Verge reported on Saturday.

Mom and Dad reportedly only consumed about one-fourth of the drinks, but that was enough to knock them out for several hours, according to Slashgear‘s Brittany Hillen. They awoke at 1am nursing hangover-like symptoms, before falling asleep and waking up again in the morning.

“Suspecting that something was up, they bought a drug testing kit and tested themselves, with the test showing positive results. Presumably they then questioned their daughter, since a few hours later, they showed up with her at the local police station,” Hillen said.

Lieutenant Lon Milka of the Rocklin police department told Amanda Holpuch of The Guardian that the situation was still under investigation, but that the medication used in the milkshakes had been provided by an also-unidentified third individual who lived in the nearby town of Roseville.

Milka said that they were looking into how much of the drug had been used in the drinks. In the meantime, the girls have been charged with conspiracy and mixing a pharmaceutical into food. They were booked on New Year’s Eve and are awaiting trial at the Placer County juvenile detention center.

“If they were adults, they could be facing prison time” the police lieutenant told the Sacramento Bee.

He added that the two girls “wanted to use the Internet, and they’d go to whatever means they had to,” and that investigators were not sure exactly why they wanted to get back online so badly, but noted that “for our investigation, that wasn’t as important as the drugging with the milkshake.”

bluecoconuts

Legend
That's nuts, I understand having an internet curfew is annoying, but that's just being crazy. Sounds like the kids who go and kill their parents so they can play Xbox and use Facebook.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Lock them up and throw away the key. Anyone who does something like this for such a pathetic reason could definitely become a heartless killer.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think that's indicative of how social media and computers in general have taken a strangle-hold on today's youth. It's all about facebook, twitter, myspace, xbox, playstation, tumblr, YouTube, whatever. And it keeps reinventing itself over and over and over. This shit is only going to get more interesting, and kids are only going to become more addicted to it.

When I was young, there was none of this stuff. And we were all in phenomenal shape. Baseball, football, soccer, home-run derby, murderball, kick the can, marco-polo, jumping ramps on bikes, whatever we could do to entertain ourselves while simultaneously burning calories.

Now? You practically have to FORCE kids to go outside.

"But the sun ... it burns!"

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
X said:
I think that's indicative of how social media and computers in general have taken a strangle-hold on today's youth. It's all about facebook, twitter, myspace, xbox, playstation, tumblr, YouTube, whatever. And it keeps reinventing itself over and over and over. This shit is only going to get more interesting, and kids are only going to become more addicted to it.

When I was young, there was none of this stuff. And we were all in phenomenal shape. Baseball, football, soccer, home-run derby, murderball, kick the can, marco-polo, jumping ramps on bikes, whatever we could do to entertain ourselves while simultaneously burning calories.

Now? You practically have to FORCE kids to go outside.

"But the sun ... it burns!"

Yeah but at the same time there are those paranoid parents that think outside is full of danger. It's sad, really. Like you have those parents that think dodgeball is too dangerous, and skinning a knee means all bikes are dangerous.

I think I grew up in the "bridge" generation during the 90s. Like we had awesome cartoons, but I still went outside, rode my bike, played football and shit. And Nintendo 64 was huge, but my parents only gave me like 1 hour of play time that went up the older I got. Then the internet showed up...but still went outside.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Sad state of Generation 0. Sad.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Needless to say... These girls aren't getting much on-line time now. When they are allowed to return to their homes, hopefully the parents only allow internet use for homework .

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Selassie I said:
Needless to say... These girls aren't getting much on-line time now. When they are allowed to return to their homes, hopefully the parents only allow internet use for homework .

I suppose an encyclopedia is cruel and unusual - eh?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Not sure teenagers even know what those are anymore Stu .

Shit , I was going to say the parents should NEVER allow them to get on-line again ,,, but nowadays , my boys are actually required to do some of their assignments on-line. No other options are given.

Fucking encyclopedias. LMAO

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Selassie I said:
Not sure teenagers even know what those are anymore Stu .

Shit , I was going to say the parents should NEVER allow them to get on-line again ,,, but nowadays , my boys are actually required to do some of their assignments on-line. No other options are given.

Fucking encyclopedias. LMAO
Encyclopedias and Libraries. The only way to get shit done back in the day. Now kids go to the Library JUST to use the computers they have there to go online and hit their facebooks & shit. I went recently to get a book I was looking for, and I walked by the rows and rows and rows of kids on computers, and that's all I saw. Online gaming, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Nobody was looking anything up.

"Hey mom, I'm going to the Library to do 'homework'..."

Yeah. Right. :shifty: