Teddy Bridgewater to Saints

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Let’s see... Jets spent a little FA money and bought a 3rd round pick by signing Teddy with high chance they’d trade him.

Note to self.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
ZomboMeme 29082018182220.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is some value for him to be under Asshole Face in that offense. Go there and bust your butt, learn that offense, and see where it goes.

I don't think his position with the Jets was good even if Darnold had needed more time.
There isn’t any value in sitting on a bench for a year.

Bootleg

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Great Point!

This move makes sense if the Saints have some concerns about the health of Brees.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
There isn’t any value in sitting on a bench for a year.
Which is exactly what he would have done in NY, if he has stayed with the Jets. The fact that they let him go tells me he wasn't going to play.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
OK.... I’m personally STOKED that he won’t be a Ram. Moving on.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Which is exactly what he would have done in NY, if he has stayed with the Jets. The fact that they let him go tells me he wasn't going to play.
Not necassarily. He’s got a better chance of playing in NY when Darnold falters, as well as being prepared on their playbook. He has no shot in New Orleans.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Not necassarily. He’s got a better chance of playing in NY when Darnold falters, as well as being prepared on their playbook. He has no shot in New Orleans.
So they let him go? Yeah.... no. If by chance he was that good and could have broken the top two - behind a rookie no less - you don't give him up along with a 6th for a top team's next year's 3rd. The Yets may be the Browns Jr but Teddy was only going to be reading the playbook in NY for a reason.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig

His chance to start in NY began, and ended, with beating out the rookie. When he was unable to do that in training camp he was done there. I don't see many circumstances in which they were going to bring him in off the bench if Darnold faltered in a few games early in the season. He may be in the best possible scenario for himself as a backup; no legitimate expectations

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So they let him go? Yeah.... no. If by chance he was that good and could have broken the top two - behind a rookie no less - you don't give him up along with a 6th for a top team's next year's 3rd. The Yets may be the Browns Jr but Teddy was only going to be reading the playbook in NY for a reason.
Sorry, but this isn't accurate at all. The Jets retained their starter from last year to be the mentor for Darnold. They took a flyer on Bridgewater that any team could have taken. And they've converted that in to a 3rd round draft pick. How? By Bridgewater playing excellent this pre-season and in TC. Unless you are Jeff Fisher, when you pay as much for your rookie QB as the Jets did for Darnold, the kid will start unless he utterly falls on his face. Darnold being named starter has nothing to do with Bridgewater's play.
As for the Jets? They are the Cleveland Browns East and until proven otherwise, they will flounder in poor decisions. Their O-line is deplorable and there is a strong likelihood that the backup will play. At least more than the back up will get in New Orleans (which ultimately is my point)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
His chance to start in NY began, and ended, with beating out the rookie. When he was unable to do that in training camp he was done there. I don't see many circumstances in which they were going to bring him in off the bench if Darnold faltered in a few games early in the season. He may be in the best possible scenario for himself as a backup; no legitimate expectations
He could have completed every pass the threw for a TD this pre-season, and still wouldn't be named starter. As long as Darnold didn't embarrass himself, he was getting the nod.