Teams To Interview Raheem Morris For HC Vacancies

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Jjab presented the case that the Rams front office is trying to promote the departure of Rah because they want to move on not because he is worthy and you are saying that Jjab just wants him gone because he is not in support of Rah is your argument and quite possibly true

"The Rams don't even want him that's why they are vocally supporting him"

It reminded me of a Motte Baily esque logical fallacy You were obviously the role of respondent

EX:
Arguer: I think we should legalize euthanasia for newborns if parents decide they can’t handle the responsibility of raising a child.

Respondent: By definition, that would be murder.

Arguer: I’m only trying to protect parents’ freedom and prevent children from being raised under neglectful or impoverished conditions. You don’t want children growing up in poverty, do you?
Ah. I appreciate that and see what you're saying.

My intent wasn't to have a debate, I was pointing out what I observed happening.

I guess the more direct response would be something like?

"The Rams aren't ready to move on, it's just good form to promote your personnel and receiving the draft picks would be a boon. It's a win-win approach, because if he stays, you've showed him you support him."

The device in the first statement that I think disqualifies it from this model is the, "Can we be honest?"
That takes it from being an opinion to something that's presented as a fact that some are just not acknowledging.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
@Kupped The model is really about the trap and it will usually have both parts honesty ( facts ) and opinion.

Jjab presented the fallacy in this case and you presented the response, the artifice if you will isn't presented in a textbook manner as they seldom are.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
@Kupped The model is really about the trap and it will usually have both parts honesty ( facts ) and opinion.

Jjab presented the fallacy in this case and you presented the response, the artifice if you will isn't presented in a textbook manner as they seldom are.
Got it.
Wasn’t aware of it and wasn’t trying to create a trap.
Enjoyed the lesson, honestly.

Tano

Legend
Wink would be absolute apesh*t if he came. People sure wouldn't complain that we didn't send pressure.

I could think of worse hires.
One of my problems with Morris and this is just a personal viewpoint is that I have always liked teams to be extremely aggressive on defense like the Giants last year - Miami three years ago and Baltimore the last 20 years or so

Maybe we didn't have the personnel to do it last year but I felt we had the personnel in 2022 with Donald Floyd Wagner Jones Gaines Robinson and Ramsey.

WestCoastRam

Legend
One of my problems with Morris and this is just a personal viewpoint is that I have always liked teams to be extremely aggressive on defense like the Giants last year - Miami three years ago and Baltimore the last 20 years or so

Maybe we didn't have the personnel to do it last year but I felt we had the personnel in 2022 with Donald Floyd Wagner Jones Gaines Robinson and Ramsey.
Than Wink would be a good choice for you if Morris leaves as he orchestrated some pretty good D's with Baltimore and def had them playing with juice at times with the Giants.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
It would surprise me. A lot.

Look at his hires.
Pencil boy is riding the Eagles train. No way does he leave and I wouldn’t bet he does a good job in Philly either. He’ll be fired next year.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Than Wink would be a good choice for you if Morris leaves as he orchestrated some pretty good D's with Baltimore and def had them playing with juice at times with the Giants.
Agreed. McVay gushes about the guy. He’ll get a look and should be higher priority than bringing back Staley.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wink had studs on defense and they flat out sucked this season. I thought his firing was BS since the offense was so tragically worse.
Folks think the pass rush would be better with Wink? Giants had only 34 sacks while the Rams had 41

WestCoastRam

Legend
Wink had studs on defense and they flat out sucked this season. I thought his firing was BS since the offense was so tragically worse.
Folks think the pass rush would be better with Wink? Giants had only 34 sacks while the Rams had 41
I think they were dealing with a catastrophic amount of injuries this season ala us last year.

I like Wink but I don't think he makes my top 3 choices.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I don’t know.
Why do you think Baltimore moved on? They seem to know what’s what.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I don’t know.
I vaguely remember reading there was a difference in how they wanted the D to run.

Again, not my top choice but think he scratches the itch for the more aggressive D fans in this bunch.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think they were dealing with a catastrophic amount of injuries this season ala us last year.

I like Wink but I don't think he makes my top 3 choices.
During the season maybe, but they were healthy to start the year when they gave up nearly 160 points in their first 5 games. Atrocious D.
D line was in tact all year until they traded Williams

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I vaguely remember reading there was a difference in how they wanted the D to run.

Again, not my top choice but think he scratches the itch for the more aggressive D fans in this bunch.
Exactly.. they wanted to go in a new direction.

McVay will be looking for younger with fresher ideas, imo.

It’s his MO.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don’t know.
He took over a top 5 defense and kept it there until the wheels fell off. Giants had a solid not spectacular defense under Judge, and frankly it hasnt improved much despite adding several studs to the d -line
If people think Wink is an improvement over Morris they are far too invested in their anti Morris narrative

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
last year 26th in points allowed, 27th in yards allowed, yards rushing allowed 29th, rushing average 31st, DVOA 27th

if he did that here, he'd be loved because he's "aggressive". Results don't matter to critics of you know who

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
He took over a top 5 defense and kept it there until the wheels fell off. Giants had a solid not spectacular defense under Judge, and frankly it hasnt improved much despite adding several studs to the d -line
If people think Wink is an improvement over Morris they are far too invested in their anti Morris narrative
Last 2 years - even with all that blitzing fewer sacks than Rams, more points allowed, almost last in rughting yards allowed, last in yards per carry, 29th in total yards.

There were several items close --- and but Rams nothing last those totals.

And I like Wink ... he's not incompetent .. but he's 'gressive

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Maybe he sucks now?
I don't think he sucks anymore than Staley's defenses being among the words last three years...but some like those guys better than what we've had even though Rams, per game, better is nearly all respects

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
I don’t know.
last year 26th in points allowed, 27th in yards allowed, yards rushing allowed 29th, rushing average 31st, DVOA 27th

People go by emotion and what something looks like. Not necessarily results.

Baltimore moved on, Giants moved on. I think he's a good coach and there were some circumstances with Giants offense in 2023. But hay, he's 'gressive.

It's like Flores in Minny. 30th in yards, 24th in points, 31st in passing yards allowed --- good in rushing yards allowed, and good is fewest TD passes allowed--- good in some things but was 23rd in 3rd downs, 24th in yards/play

But he's 'gressive