Teams prepare for glut of roster cuts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/26/teams-begin-preparing-for-glut-of-cut-players/

Currently, NFL rosters have up to 90 players. On Tuesday, the maximum drops to 75. Four days later, the limit reduces to 53.

My calculator tells me (assuming I entered the information correctly) that up to 1,184 roster moves will be made over the next eight days. Most of those will come from the termination of contracts or the placement of players on waivers. Teams are preparing for the coming glut of cuts by, for example, contacting agents to find out which of their clients are on the bubble.

It’s a common practice, and as a practical matter it’s happening now. Because very soon plenty of guys will be looking for jobs, and plenty of teams will be looking to upgrade their 53-man rosters by grabbing guys cut by other teams.

Regardless of how it all works out, more than 1,000 guys who currently are playing in the NFL and very much want to do so will soon be told they can’t. Plenty more would currently love to be on a 90-man roster but still can’t get a shot (thank heavens I read this one more time before hitting “publish,” because I had a word other than “shot” in there).

Hopefully, the media will keep this dynamic in mind before making a big deal about a handful of guys who choose to leave football before football chooses to tell them to leave. Far more will be leaving football before they want to.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
Wasn't the NFL considering upping the roster by a couple players over the current 53?

rdw

Pro Bowler
There should be minor leagues... or something like NFL Europe again.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John

Gee lockdown. I hope your hero Kraperdick doesn't get cut because he sucks. Then he'll become a guy "without a voice" too.

I actually think he timed taking this stance now, (well after this issue has been proven to be fodder for race baiters) because he knows his days are numbered and he is about to get cut. Why didn't he take this "stance" before?
I smell BS.

But you keep your Che Guavara worship poster up. I think it's disgusting.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Gee lockdown. I hope your hero Kraperdick doesn't get cut because he sucks. Then he'll become a guy "without a voice" too.

I actually think he timed taking this stance now, (well after this issue has been proven to be fodder for race baiters) because he knows his days are numbered and he is about to get cut. Why didn't he take this "stance" before?
I smell BS.

As much as I would get a chuckle out of it, I'm pretty sure Kaepernicus isn't getting cut

fearsomefour

Legend

I smell BS.

Just saw a quick little interview with Kap about it on NFL network. Both ignorant and stupid and looking more like side show bob everyday.
Sad what's happened to him really b

lockdnram21

Legend

I smell BS.

Because it wasnt as bad as it is now... No one said he was my hero... just like how he's standing up for what he believes in... But go ahead and get a controversy started... I want take the bait have a good day

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79

I smell BS.

IMO, the worst thing about the whole BLM movement is there are a host of problems that plague the African American community that "activists" like that moron Kaepernick could talk about and probably make a change for the better. (For example, mass incarceration of black males for minor drug offenses). The "silent majority" would listen, because it would be easy to persuade them to help make needed changes.

Instead, they largely "rally" around criminals getting killed while committing crimes. It's really sad and further alienates potential allies in their struggle.

Not sure about the Che Guavara reference, but for those who don't know--he believed that people of African descent were genetically inferior to white Europeans.

lockdnram21

Legend
IMO, the worst thing about the whole BLM movement is there are a host of problems that plague the African American community that "activists" like that moron Kaepernick could talk about and probably make a change for the better. (For example, mass incarceration of black males for minor drug offenses). The "silent majority" would listen, because it would be easy to persuade them to help make needed changes.

Instead, they largely "rally" around criminals getting killed while committing crimes. It's really sad and further alienates potential allies in their struggle.

Not sure about the Che Guavara reference, but for those who don't know--he believed that people of African descent were genetically inferior to white Europeans.
U just hear what the media and police tell u and run with it.. I wouldn't expect u to agree tho... The reason they focus on police crimes is because they are supposed to protect and serve but I think u already knew that

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Because it wasnt as bad as it is now... No one said he was my hero... just like how he's standing up for what he believes in... But go ahead and get a controversy started... I want take the bait have a good day
I'm sorry man. I'm not trying to attack you You're a good guy. I was kind of a dick in my approach. I hope you can forgive me, @lockdnram21

I do not back down from how I see Kraep, though. I think he is a race baiter just like Jesse HiJackson.

lockdnram21

Legend
I'm sorry man. I'm not trying to attack you You're a good guy. I was kind of a dick in my approach. I hope you can forgive me, @lockdnram21

I do not back down from how I see Kraep, though. I think he is a race baiter just like Jesse HiJackson.
That's cool and I still agree 1000% with Kap

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
U just hear what the media and police tell u and run with it.. I wouldn't expect u to agree tho... The reason they focus on police crimes is because they are supposed to protect and serve but I think u already knew that
You don't know anything about me. I believe there are many problems within the black community--many forced upon them by white politicians--that need to be addressed. Unfair, racist housing practices, the horrible crime bill (passed by politicians that continue to receive the black vote), lack of community support in poor black neighborhoods, tens of thousands of black people locked up for minor marijuana offenses etc, etc, etc.

I DON'T GET ANY INFORMATION FROM THE MEDIA BECAUSE IT'S ALMOST ALWAYS AGENDA FILLED BULLSHIT.

If you're just a troll, then stop because this is an important issue and the only thing you're doing is making it worse. The African American community needs to increase the support they receive from the white community, not further alienate them.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He has every right to speak for what he believes, and we have every right to bash the sh*t out of him for it. I served in the Navy so that he could be an idiot, and that's fine.

lockdnram21

Legend
You don't know anything about me. I believe there are many problems within the black community--many forced upon them by white politicians--that need to be addressed. Unfair, racist housing practices, the horrible crime bill (passed by politicians that continue to receive the black vote), lack of community support in poor black neighborhoods, tens of thousands of black people locked up for minor marijuana offenses etc, etc, etc.

I DON'T GET ANY INFORMATION FROM THE MEDIA BECAUSE IT'S ALMOST ALWAYS AGENDA FILLED bullcrap.

If you're just a troll, then stop because this is an important issue and the only thing you're doing is making it worse. The African American community needs to increase the support they receive from the white community, not further alienate them.
I wasn't being a troll I was staying away from topic.. somebody called me out and turned this into a tread about Map because i change my pic. But have a good day

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
Actually I think YOU started the controversy by making a 49er QB your avatar on a Rams fan forum. Just sayin'.