TE2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Wow, that's interesting stuff you & @Memento seem to feel the same way, Blanton is 6-6 262lbs, so he's the biggest TE on the roster, however, he struggled blocking in college, was better as a pass blocker then run blocker and IMO, Mundt trumps him as a blocker and is a far better route runner with more consistent hands.

As with most TEs who were more Basketball players coming up.... blocking and route running is something that may take some time. If you remember they brought in a bunch of UDFA TEs 2 years ago and Kendal was the one they kept around, and ended up keeping him for 2 years. I think the upside for a guy like that if you can get his blocking improved, he becomes more valuable than Mundt. We'll see what happens, particularly now that we have some real preseason games.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hopkins will be the TE4 at best. Not hard to deduce that one. He doesn't move the bar on the field. He doesn't move the bar on teams. Influx of talent with Harris who has already jumped him and is a matchup problem for defenses.

Mundt is safe this year. They need a backup for Higs if he can't go.

Harris is going to replace Everett. He'll be a move TE in this offense with some special considerations to get the matchups McVay wants in the passing game.

Current in-line depth is Higs > Mundt. And Mundt can play any of the TE spots or even lead blocker if required.

Current move depth is Harris > Hopkins. Hopkins will compete with the bottom WR guys for his roster spot so if I am him I'd be working my ass off on teams.

Not sure where Blanton factors in. Probably a cut for sure. And Hopkins is likely to be squeezed out by the WRs.

This is how I see it, although I think we end up keeping Hig/Mundt/Harris and Hopkins

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Blocking ability will be the deciding factor on who makes the team at 3rd, 4th TE.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
They seem to love Harris, and he may offer some unique/useful skills in the Red-zone. Skowronek is intriguing and may have Special Teams value (as may Harris).

Either or both may develop into H-backs or TEs. However, neither has the weight or experience right now.

Think the Rams need a second TE for short yardage and in case of a Higbee injury. That’s why I think Mundt makes the 53 (plus he is a core-ST).

The problem is Hopkins who seems to be MIA. I am hoping he works out but the lack of any press is a concern. Hate for them to let go of a 4th round pick (#136 overall) after one season but there’s precedent for McVay/Snead.

John Franklin-Myers was released after one season, and he played as a rookie. Franklin-Myers was the 135th overall pick in his Draft.