TD Celebrations & the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The league suspended celebrations due to whiny @$$ b!#ches crying about the Rams rubbing their noses in it after all those TDs.

Now the year the celebrations are back the Rams suddenly find themselves scoring TDs again.

Coincidence? I say this year's Rams need to bring back the MFing BOB 'N WEAVE for the playoffs. What say you?

JackStraw

Rookie
Ideally when wearing the blue and yellow jerseys. Not sure if they wear them again this year.

Current Ram's are too young to remember Bob n Weave - Bruce needs to have a chat with them

wmc540

Pro Bowler
If we find ourselves running up the score on the Seahawks... that would be a nice place to bring it back :)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I hate the childish TD celebrations. They are too contrived and plain dumb. Leap frog, Duck duck Goose, burping a baby. ....I want to puke.

TD celebrations should be spontaneous, and should be a celebration, not a skit. The Ickey Shuffle was cool, spiking the ball, the Lambeau leap, Bob n weave...all good. Where did miming a skit of a kids game morph into a celebration? It doesn't come across as professional. I hope the Rams don't start doing that crap.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
So the Ogletree flip was a cause for effect? For every effect there is a cause. Go figure.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Can’t stand the celebrations. Think about the time spent choreographing this shit. Glad the Rams haven’t seemed to get too into it like other teams (Eagles are the worst). Act like you’ve been there before!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Doing the bob & weave again would, IMO, cheapen the original. I wouldn't want to see it again, but that's just me. I can understand people wanting to resurrect it though. For me. I like just a plain old beastly spike, or drill the ball into an opposing team's banner that's hanging on the wall past the endzone.

Steven Jackson's celebration was my favorite. Don't know why. Just thought it looked really cool.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yeah, not a fan of the scripted celebrations. I have to admit I liked the Philly "all business" the best of the recent ones...hope not to see ANY this weekend though.....

giphy.gif

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Ideally when wearing the blue and yellow jerseys. Not sure if they wear them again this year.

Current Ram's are too young to remember Bob n Weave - Bruce needs to have a chat with them
I believe the Rams are scheduled to wear their "Throw-Backs" the last game of the Season against the 49ers!
It would be a perfect time for them to bring back the "Bob-n-Weave", after we have clichéd the Division Title but before the Playoffs! To symbolize "WE'RE BACK"!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Doing the bob & weave again would, IMO, cheapen the original. I wouldn't want to see it again, but that's just me. I can understand people wanting to resurrect it though. For me. I like just a plain old beastly spike, or drill the ball into an opposing team's banner that's hanging on the wall past the endzone.

Steven Jackson's celebration was my favorite. Don't know why. Just thought it looked really cool.

You damn fun sponge.

Think of the way it would incite the conversation with many of the GSoT players in the media, and involve them in the Rams success. The Rams at large might not be going out of their way to highlight the GSoT in their return to LA, but the players doing it in tribute to those former Rams who changed the NFL would be the hotness.

nighttrain

Legend
I believe the Rams are scheduled to wear their "Throw-Backs" the last game of the Season against the 49ers!
It would be a perfect time for them to bring back the "Bob-n-Weave", after we have clichéd the Division Title but before the Playoffs! To symbolize "WE'RE BACK"!!
THIS^

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That would be great, although hopefully the Rams will have won the next three going into that game and will be able to rest their starters and still get a bye in the wildcard round.

I'd like to see it this weekend when they run the score up on the Eagles and their sorry @$$ bandwagon of Wentz jock sniffers. :mad:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
That would be great, although hopefully the Rams will have won the next three going into that game and will be able to rest their starters and still get a bye in the wildcard round.

I'd like to see it this weekend when they run the score up on the Eagles and their sorry @$$ bandwagon of Wentz jock sniffers. :mad:

I didn't know the Eagles were popular in Japan...

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
The league suspended celebrations due to whiny @$$ b!#ches crying about the Rams rubbing their noses in it after all those TDs.

Now the year the celebrations are back the Rams suddenly find themselves scoring TDs again.

Coincidence? I say this year's Rams need to bring back the MFing BOB 'N WEAVE for the playoffs. What say you?
IIRC... Pretty sure the rule change for eliminating Team Celebrations came from a very bitter Tony Dungee. Hell, I wouldn't doubt if Fisher chimed in with Dungy too...LOL

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IIRC... Pretty sure the rule change for eliminating Team Celebrations came from a very bitter Tony Dungee. Hell, I wouldn't doubt if Fisher chimed in with Dungy too...LOL

I think Fish was part of it along with Dungy and every other butthurt coach out there that crossed paths with the Rams that year. The whole thing was BS and I think it's just very interesting that the year they bring celebrations back the Rams offense returns and looks reminiscent of those days in its ability to sustain drives and put up points at least.

Also I like that the Rams haven't gotten into the ridiculous skit thing just yet. But if they do end up doing group celebrations they can't do better than this one.

tempests

Hall of Fame

I thought it was Denny Green. The Rams scored 7 TDs in their playoff game against him.

Edit: It was.

http://www.espn.com/abcsports/mnf/s/0001212ramsrecap.html

Tuesday, December 12, 2000

"ST. LOUIS -- Bringing the "Bob 'N Weave" out of mothballs brought out the best in the St. Louis Rams.

The swagger was back for the defending Super Bowl champions, who ended a three-game losing streak in sometimes brazen fashion in a 40-29 victory over the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday. Marshall Faulk scored a team-record four touchdowns rushing and the Rams, who also had lost three in a row at home, celebrated their first two touchdowns with the banned dance.

They also signaled their own first downs and spun the ball after big plays.

"It's real fun seeing the guys do the Bob 'N Weave," quarterback Kurt Warner said. "That's what we're all about, showing emotion. We knew we had to break it out."

Vikings coach Dennis Green is co-chairman of the NFL's competition committee, and he was behind the league crackdown on celebration dances this season. "

Last edited:

Ram65

Legend

This makes sense. I would like to see it and it would be a nice tribute to the GSOT without taking anything away from them. Throw back day only.

The celebrations are a mix. Some good, some bad and some stupid.

Q729

Legend
Not TD celebrations, but that group dancing bullshit really annoys the shit out of me. I wanted to punch something every time I saw the 9ers do that before a kickoff during the Harbaugh-coached days. Well, that era was all kinds of annoying to begin with...

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I like the fact that the Rams have not taken part in the childishness of TD celebrations, even though we're high on the TD scoring side of things.

Keep it professional, move on to the next drive, after all the game isn't over until the final whistle.