Taylor Lewan on why he's the Best

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Gotta give it to the kid he's very well spoken.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
It wouldn't surprise me if Lewan ends up having a better career than Robinson and Matthews.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It would surprise me. He plays too high and lunges too much to make blocks because he either lacked the coaching or just doesn't have Left Tackle feet to move laterally. I think it is the latter. He is a punishing run blocker and would be tough to bullrush but good DEs can get around him. I dont think he is as good as Jake Long.

As for being well spoken, I wonder how well spoken he was when he told that girl to shut up or she will be raped again. I think he deserved jail time for that but he got nothing. Sounds like an over privileged asshole to me. I really hope the Rams don't pick him.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
It would surprise me. He plays too high and lunges too much to make blocks because he either lacked the coaching or just doesn't have Left Tackle feet to move laterally. I think it is the latter. He is a punishing run blocker and would be tough to bullrush but good DEs can get around him. I dont think he is as good as Jake Long.

As for being well spoken, I wonder how well spoken he was when he told that girl to shut up or she will be raped again. I think he deserved jail time for that but he got nothing. Sounds like an over privileged arsehole to me. I really hope the Rams don't pick him.

Yeah the team that drafts Jamies Winston "needs" Lewan

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Personally, I couldn't care less what he's done in the past, I like lewan as a prospect. I want the guy to come in and be productive for the rams, not come to church with me. If he can stay out of trouble in the future, I would love to see him in horns.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
Because if you don't think he is the best, he'll come over and sort you out?

RamzFanz

Damnit

As for being well spoken, I wonder how well spoken he was when he told that girl to shut up or she will be raped again. I think he deserved jail time for that but he got nothing. Sounds like an over privileged arsehole to me. I really hope the Rams don't pick him.

I can't see Fisher giving him a pass on the threats. It's pretty well documented and includes the victim, their mutual friend, and two of his teammates. I would pass on this dude.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Personally, I couldn't care less what he's done in the past, I like lewan as a prospect. I want the guy to come in and be productive for the rams, not come to church with me. If he can stay out of trouble in the future, I would love to see him in horns.

Fisher seems to like flirting with bad character players. But, he himself has said that you have to have a balance. Too many of them and the Rams become the Bengals of a few years ago.

I try to understand people and why they do what they do, and how their background may relate to it. In Lewans case I cannot find any excuse for his actions. He didnt come from bad beginnings where he could possibly fail to realize that his stance on the rape was wrong. He knew better and did it anyway. He seems like an overpriveleged rich kid that always got his own way and was given far too much leeway because of his status as an athlete. He is a bully. He bullied those guys he beat up and he bullied that girl. He hasnt shown any remorse for his actions and if he did I doubt it would be sincere.

The Rams don't need a guy like him on the team and I would rather not root for him.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
He's not even the best in his position, hell I just found out today he's not even good at being a person.

Pass.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fisher seems to like flirting with bad character players. But, he himself has said that you have to have a balance. Too many of them and the Rams become the Bengals of a few years ago.

I try to understand people and why they do what they do, and how their background may relate to it. In Lewans case I cannot find any excuse for his actions. He didnt come from bad beginnings where he could possibly fail to realize that his stance on the rape was wrong. He knew better and did it anyway. He seems like an overpriveleged rich kid that always got his own way and was given far too much leeway because of his status as an athlete. He is a bully. He bullied those guys he beat up and he bullied that girl. He hasnt shown any remorse for his actions and if he did I doubt it would be sincere.

The Rams don't need a guy like him on the team and I would rather not root for him.

Yeah I understand why you feel that way and that most probably agree. Im just saying personally, I don't care. Thats not to say what he is accused of doing is not wrong, just that were talking about a football team that i root for, not selecting people ill ever interact with personally. If he can help the rams (which i think he can) I wouldn't be opposed to drafting him.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't really like him as a prospect or as a long term solution to protect Sams blind side. I'll trust the Rams if they pick him at 13, but imo there's going to be plenty of other players available that are more talented. Maybe with some coaching he could get better, but I'm still not even sure by how much.