"Tavon Austin Says Ram's Playbook Like Spanish to Me."

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
It's important for people to remember that TsT is just a blog that was started by him, and it is nothing more.

Just curious, isn't ROD just a blog started by....? I actually like RVB, I think he works hard & tries to bring information to the masses. It's up to us/you, the reader to debate/discuss the material. Of course he has his own opinion, and it leaks into many of the things he writes.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Just curious, isn't ROD just a blog started by....? I actually like RVB, I think he works hard & tries to bring information to the masses. It's up to us/you, the reader to debate/discuss the material. Of course he has his own opinion, and it leaks into many of the things he writes.

Well, you're right to a point. But a blog (TST) is a bit different than a message board (ROD). But yes, fans gather at each one to learn more about their team, and discuss common interests.

My biggest complaint about him is how he seems to throw a backhanded slap at Bradford in most of his articles, and everything he's done lately is whining of some sort.

Bibber doesn't work as hard as the other writers on there. Ramfan1313 and Doug are probably two of the more informed guys on those sites, and Ramfan1313 especially puts a TON of work in his cap articles.

Bibber is more like drudgereport.com . Take other people's work and repost it for all to see while putting his own opinion into the article at certain points.

I have more respect for @RamBill, in that he only reports the news for us all to see, and let us take away from it what we want to.

This is all my opinion, of course. And I respect yours, even if I disagree with it.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Ramfan1313 and Doug are probably two of the more informed guys on those sites, and Ramfan1313 especially puts a TON of work in his cap articles.
Dubs (ramfan1313) & Dougie are indeed a rare and special breed.....several of the writers are serious fans. I think, could be wrong, but I think RVB is in Tom Lykis, Howard Stern shock-blog mode. He has a thing about certain players & coaches and makes his point so there is no confusion in a point by point-post by post basis....With little tidbits/articles offered up as "evidence" to support such views.
No problem with your opinion Chris, I see you have done a lil research in the area......

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Well, you're right to a point. But a blog (TST) is a bit different than a message board (ROD). But yes, fans gather at each one to learn more about their team, and discuss common interests.

My biggest complaint about him is how he seems to throw a backhanded slap at Bradford in most of his articles, and everything he's done lately is whining of some sort.

Bibber doesn't work as hard as the other writers on there. Ramfan1313 and Doug are probably two of the more informed guys on those sites, and Ramfan1313 especially puts a TON of work in his cap articles.

Bibber is more like drudgereport.com . Take other people's work and repost it for all to see while putting his own opinion into the article at certain points.

I have more respect for @RamBill, in that he only reports the news for us all to see, and let us take away from it what we want to.

This is all my opinion, of course. And I respect yours, even if I disagree with it.

Whose 3K? Cos I think his articles are an interesting read

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Dubs (ramfan1313) & Dougie are indeed a rare and special breed.....several of the writers are serious fans. I think, could be wrong, but I think RVB is in Tom Lykis, Howard Stern shock-blog mode. He has a thing about certain players & coaches and makes his point so there is no confusion in a point by point-post by post basis....With little tidbits/articles offered up as "evidence" to support such views.
No problem with your opinion Chris, I see you have done a lil research in the area......

I think what finally put me over the edge was seeing Bibber doing all the reporting on the Rams in SBnation videos last year. There are much more knowledgeable contributors there who should do that over him, but I guess him being the creator of the blog, he gets the spotlight.

And as far as my opinion, I threw that in their at the end so you knew I wasn't trying to force it down your throat because it came out a little aggressive.

tonyl711

Starter
dumb down your offense to make a rookie understand it better? didn't we have an OC who did that (PS) and everyone yelled about how vanilla the Offense was? wasn't T Holt a rookie and the entire Offense learning a new Offense the year they won the SB? granted most rookies don't pick up an Offense as quickly as Holt did, most rookie WRs are average at best until their second or third year. IMO you have to let Austin catch up with the Offense, when it clicks he will be better for it, dumb it down and you just make his learning that much longer.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
this article is just another attempt by the "writer" to put something out there that furthers his agenda. If you have read any of his work, he is not much different from most fans who post on these forums. His "research" usually consists of not much more than a "google search" and finding someone else's take and then formulating his "opinion piece" from there.

I have yet to see a single "article" written by him that is original, or is not just some regurgitated minutia with very little meaningful content. Even in this piece, there is no timeline or reference as to when these comments were made (if they actually were) by Austin. Just a bunch of gibberish to further his anti-Ram agenda.
Not much of an article,gotta agree.

A55VA6

Legend
I recall him saying that he's comfortable with the playbook now and can play much faster. Excited to see what he can do in year 2.

moonshyne

UDFA
Respectfully and strongly disagree. The #8 pick will start paying off immediately in 2014. Get the popcorn ready.

Philly5

Rookie

We managed to find room to add a long shot like Britt this year. Lousy planning to have so many inexperienced WRs at the same time. 49ers (for example) add Bolden one year, and the Stevie Johnson the next. They already have Crabtree and Davis. Experience is more important for WRs than most other NFL positions.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
We managed to find room to add a long shot like Britt this year. Lousy planning to have so many inexperienced WRs at the same time. 49ers (for example) add Bolden one year, and the Stevie Johnson the next. They already have Crabtree and Davis. Experience is more important for WRs than most other NFL positions.
49ers had already busted AJ Jenkins. Besides, they think they've got the team to go all the way. The Rams haven't given up on their picks. Simple as that.

I still think the Rams carry 6 WRs this year. Last year they kept 11 Olinemen on the 53. I don't see them doing that this year.

wrstdude

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lots of misinterpretation of what I was saying here. Lots of "el oh els" at the dislikes though. Cute.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
... what he failed to mention was that English is his second language and that Spanish is his first

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I like Austin but he's not exactly getting invites to Mensa meetings. It's probably more because he was a rookie in a new style than anything else. All NFL offenses are complex.
Honestly maybe Austin is not the brightest but he did some crazy stuff at WVU, more believable Im just not a Schotty fan and IMO im putting more blame on him. His complex spread early was crap and last years attempt was bad too. theres a reason Tavon did better later on the scheme changed. Either way if its still complex it shouldnt be cus it hadnt been working up til that point when we simplified it. Ground and pound. keep it simple play action open some deep routes every so often for Bradford and keep a special little binder for Tavon of all the trick plays to sprinkle in. Quick... just better have figured it out by now.