Tavon Austin, involved early again...then..?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
No, it wouldn't. Because all it would be is internet fans blaming the OC. The Jets didn't magically become better the moment Schotty left. Mark Sanchez didn't magically become a star the moment Schotty left. If anything, he got worse.

If Sanchez may have gotten worse, he had help. Schottenheimer wasn't the only departure. The 2012 team also lost Burress & Tomlinson while Santonio Holmes and Dustin Keller went down to injury and missed most of the season. They forced an extremely raw 2nd round bust WR in Stephen Hill into the starting lineup. And he's no longer even on the team today.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
No, it wouldn't. Because all it would be is internet fans blaming the OC. The Jets didn't magically become better the moment Schotty left. Mark Sanchez didn't magically become a star the moment Schotty left. If anything, he got worse.

He's been out of football and had a change of scenery and has a team with better play makers.

The Rams' guys get hurt or don't execute. It's really that simple, and yes even the OC makes play calls. My point is it hardly ever results in an instant positive when the OC is fired. Again, the Rams have been doing it for 8 years now.

As for Tavon, IDK. I didn't watch the game, I was at ComicCon. It wouldn't be fair to me to comment or speculate.

Listen, I'm not saying that getting rid of him would magically cure all of our problems. The jets have a different set of problems that don't relate to the OC. All I'm saying is that the same problems we've been pointing out about schotty, they've said about him in the past, hence the deja vu part.