Tattoo Ideas

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
GcBean said:
RamFan503 said:
Cripes man. Is that prototypical Raidah fan or what? They probably could have done a whole piece on those jack wagons.

And that Ram tat. EXACTLY what I don't want.

And you know I'll post pics. I'm guessing it's going to take a few sessions so I'll post the process. The artist does some great color and clean lines. Don't expect them right away. As my wife says, I'm kind of a chicken so it may be a while. :whome?:

I took a bunch of pics of my wife's tat in process but I can't post them here. :7up:

BTW - Sorry for not being able to get together with you and your miss around Christmas. We never got south of SLO.

It's all good, I know how things change when traveling/visiting family. No big deal, man. I'll be going back up to Wa at the end of the year. We'll have to tailgate for a Stinkhawks game again.

Book it. Maybe we can get Paulie to join us. It'd be a write off with business exploration and all. :mrgreen:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
fearsomefour said:
I grew up in SLO. If its the same SLO, great town.
I always like the 1950s Rams head logo.

If it's San Luis Obispo then yes. I graduated from Atascadero High and met my wife when I lived in Los Osos.

I'll have to look that logo up. I think I know which one and it's a good one.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Selassie I said:
RamFan503 said:
My wife's been on me to get my design finished on a tat. I wanted to do some kind of a bad ass Ram. My problem is that I am not sure I want a skull type design and it seems that no matter how you do the nose on the Ram, it always looks a wee bit too cudly. I was also thinking about a Ram taking out a seahawk or squirly fucking gold prospector (like the whiner mascot). I'm also leaning toward the '99 Ram colors somehow.

Location would likely be either the front or back of my right shoulder taking up about 5" of skin.

Anyway, bring it on if you guys have some ideas.

Like I said earlier in this thread,,, I've been mulling this over in my mind for a long time. Since before ROD existed. I actually believe one of the first topics I ever discussed here had to do with a Ram tat.

To set the stage properly,,, I have no tattoos.

First Brudda Stu,,, I feel it is important that you DO NOT illustrate anything on yourself that could even be accidentally mistaken for a shecock or whiner. That is blasphemy. Those images should never be allowed to sacrilege your skin. Bad ,,, very BAD.

I've had a hard time deciding on a design too.

The current logo ain't gonna work as the list of worst NFL tats clearly displays.

A cool pic of a bad-ass wild male Ram may not actually be associated with our NFL team.

I like the design of the old Ram skull that came out on the throw-backs this year best. But even that gives me pause.

Ideas for mine that I'm currently mind-dealing over include ...

A helmet with HUGE Ram horns actually busting out of each side (3-D style). SB colors included. With a hint of ED29's "yellow on the nose-piece of his goggles" showing behind his signature facemask... just a hint, but easily discernible for Rams of our time... like glowing eyes.

Maybe a Super Bowl reference of some kind... maybe NFC Champs as well... Old School League Champs too. ???

Possibly include some of the #'s of my favorites. Maybe even include a "Faulk-U" or "Faulked-up" inconspicuously somehow.

A reference to LA and STL.

Anyway, shaw has to fucking croke before I do anything. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

For one. Dude... let Shaw die. He's way dead in my mind. But believe me I'm also there with you - I think you know that. That fucking fuck.

Moving on - I draw fucking stick figures and I'm the son of a well known artist and the husband of an artist that is in reality possibly better than my mom. Food is my art so I'll leave the graphics to the pros. My wife designed hers and it is uber cool and very tasteful yet very hot because of our diving... ahem... and its location. Nuff said there. :sly:

My wife will do the main design and we will work with a guy that I think is a real artist here near us.

The helmet with the horns busting out is where I'm leaning. The ED nose tape would be an interesting touch. Liking the Deacon eyes as a possibility too. Not sure how to incorporate it. I'm in no hurry but would like to get it done before this season starts if possible (read - get up the gumption).

I'm going to leave out any SB reference or #s of players or any words at all most likely. I want the artwork to stand on its own even if no one but Ram fans get it. It has to be a stand alone design but meaningful to me and who the fuck cares who else besides die-hards.

This is really important to me. I've been a Ram fan for possibly longer than anything else. But ink is permanent for all intents and purposes so it has to be right.

Maybe I should just get a big heart with Stan, Fish, and Snead in it. :lmao:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Rabid Ram said:

Number 3 has some waay cool elements in it. I like the horn design - even some of the head. Keep 'em coming man. I want all kinds of stuff to pull from. Thanks.

fearsomefour

Legend
"If it's San Luis Obispo then yes. I graduated from Atascadero High and met my wife when I lived in Los Osos."

Yep, the same SLO. I graduated from San Luis High....Atascadero always kicked our butts (and everyone elses) in football. SLO High football was no good when I went there. Still love the area, would like to move back at some point. I still get down a couple of times a year to visit the family....or if I miss the ocean too much.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
fearsomefour said:
"If it's San Luis Obispo then yes. I graduated from Atascadero High and met my wife when I lived in Los Osos."

Yep, the same SLO. I graduated from San Luis High....Atascadero always kicked our butts (and everyone elses) in football. SLO High football was no good when I went there. Still love the area, would like to move back at some point. I still get down a couple of times a year to visit the family....or if I miss the ocean too much.

Yeah - You must be talking the Coach Welch era. Major dickhead but very good coach. I think he went on to coach Cal Poly SLO. What year did you graduate? I was class of '81.

My parents still have a ranch in Atascadero, my brother also lives in A-town, and one of my sisters lives in Paso.

I only get down there once, maybe twice a year. I love Oregon but if I were going to move again, I'd probably go back there. My problem is that I just don't want to move back to CA for many reasons. Oregon is MY state even though I lived in CA for over half my life.

fearsomefour

Legend
Coach Welch....there is a name from the way back machine. I am class of 88. We had a nice guy as a coach....but not a great coach. Pick your poisen I guess. The only team we beat in my two years there was Morro Bay....poor Pirates.
After spending decades in the high desert I would love to get back to the coast and enjoy some perfect weather.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
shaunpinney said:
Put up some sketches first if you can...

BTW - where CAN you post the pics of your wife's tat :ww:

We will put up sketches first.

And sorry but I probably wouldn't hold my breath on me missus' tat. She funny that way. :sly: