Talent Migration from NFC to AFC Could Benefit Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Take a look at this list:

Russell Wilson
Chase Edmunds
Davante Adams
Amari Cooper
Christian Kirk
O.J. Howard
Brandon Scherff
Alex Cappa
Laken Tomlinson
Khalil Mack
Chandler Jones
Randy Gregory
D.J. Reed
Marcus Williams
Jordan Whitehead

All of these guys have moved from the NFC to the AFC this offseason. Likewise, the Rams biggest losses, Von Miller and Darious Williams, are now in the AFC.

There's still a lot of offseason left but, at this point, I don't see any team in the NFC that has clearly risen above the Rams, despite our departures.

Stay tuned!

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
You gotta be fucking kidding. Talent migration from nfc could help rams. How is that even possible.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
You gotta be fucking kidding. Talent migration from nfc could help rams. How is that even possible.
If talent leaves the NFC, NFC teams are worse. If NFC teams are worse, the NFC playoffs are easier. If the NFC playoffs are easier, the remaining talented NFC teams (like the Rams) have a higher percentage chance of making it to the super bowl. Given that the goal every year is a super bowl win, getting to the super bowl is incredibly important. The quality of teams in the super bowl probably isn't changing significantly, but our chance of getting there has gone up (theoretically).

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
It's been good for the Bills too because AFC West will beat up each other and Bills could end up with home field for playoffs.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
If talent leaves the NFC, NFC teams are worse. If NFC teams are worse, the NFC playoffs are easier. If the NFC playoffs are easier, the remaining talented NFC teams (like the Rams) have a higher percentage chance of making it to the super bowl. Given that the goal every year is a super bowl win, getting to the super bowl is incredibly important. The quality of teams in the super bowl probably isn't changing significantly, but our chance of getting there has gone up (theoretically).
Oh, you thought I was being serious. Your bad. You're fucking with me right

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It will shift even more when Jimmy G is traded to the Colts.

:D

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
I think playing in a weaker AFC east always helped the Patriots. The Rams were hardened by playing in the NFC West this year but with the wear and tear of a longer season and a tough division they the needed the infusion of players like Miller, OBJ, Weddle, and a returning Akers to make up for the for that long season and key losses.

With Wilson leaving, the three best QB's in the NFC are Stafford, Brady, and Rodgers (all older). Meanwhile the AFC is stacked with most of the top tier QB's but fortunately only one can play in the super bowl.

Right now the Ram's top two challengers in the NFC are the 49ers and the Buccaneers and I don think either will be a strong as they were in 2021. Green bay could be a threat with Rodgers but he is another year older and losing Adams really hurts Green Bay. Dallas has some talent but Dak is actually a lot like Jimmy G, he plays well enough to make them contenders but he is not good enough to get them over the hump. The 49ers are a threat to the Rams because they have that secret Matchup sauce but they do not have the QB.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The 49ers are a threat to the Rams because they have that secret Matchup sauce but they do not have the QB.
True, but they beat us quite a few times with that same vanilla QB; and our difference maker in Von Miller is now shopping homes in Buffalo.

As you know, if you aren’t getting better as a team, you are falling behind. I’ll feel better if we get an amazing Edge to replace him.

I know Snead and company will answer here. It’s pretty exciting, don’t you agree?

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Tampa niners then green Bay but rams will beat all 3 in nfc championship game

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
The way I see it, another Super Bowl birth is the Rams' to lose.

Green Bay has lost some huge pieces. Za'Darius Smith. Davante Adams. It's anyone's guess if Scantling comes back. And Rodgers is always causing drama. I am not worried about the Packers. IMO, their chance to win was last year, and they blew it. The Packers had a stacked roster and were getting healthy at the right time.

The NFC comes down to the Rams, Tampa Bay, and the 49ers, as far as I am concerned.

The Bucs have lost a few pieces (Fournette, AB, multiple starting offensive linemen). Brady (and Gronk, if he comes back... if he does not OJ Howard is gone to Buffalo) will also be another year older, even though he can still play. When you consider that, on top of this, the Rams match up very well vs Tampa Bay, I suspect that the Rams would beat the Bucs soundly if they met in the playoffs - just as the Rams were on track to do this past post-season, up until taking the foot off the gas.

The 49ers are always a very tough out. Especially for the Rams, given how we match up. But until they get a real QB, I don't see the 49ers beating the Rams when all of the chips are down.

I am much more concerned about beating the AFC if and when the Rams make it to the big game. On paper, there are a few AFC rosters that are better than LA at this moment, IMO. The Bills being chief among them. We will see how everyone's roster looks come January.