Tag and trade possibilities in 2020

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Last year a number of teams tagged and traded players, specifically edge rushers like Dee Ford, Frank Clark, and Jadeveon Clowney.

I am thinking this is what the Rams will do with Fowler so they can get their pick this year. While they won't get a #1, I can see them getting a #2 or more if Fowler can finish strong.

In fact getting Ramsey can actually improve Fowler's value by increasing his sack totals.

This also makes sense because teams can only receive 4 comp picks and with Brockers, Blythe, Bortles, Littleton, & Christian due for FA, you still would be likely to get 4 comp picks.

This is all about maximizing your young depth to replace high priced FAs, which re-shapes the team's salary structure to accommodate a longer championship window.

Also about maximizing your resources.

So these next 8 games are huge to see if Fowler can demand a decent trade value and to see if Obo can replace him. If the answers are yes and yes, thats a big help towards the Rams long-term success.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Could be. It's going to be an interesting off season. I'd like to keep Fowler and Littleton if possible but I guess it's not likely.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Fowler is going to get paid, no doubt about it. His play has been far better than his sack totals suggest. I think all that should work out pretty well for us, although I'm not sure a tag and trade is a sure thing cap-wise and all. Would love to see that though and I'd be real happy with a round 2 pick not sure what the going rate is here if that were to happen.

I really like the way the Rams are trending, or seeming to, with the secondary. Cornerstone CB and intelligent safeties, along with some solid corners who will play the call. If they can get things right up front and keep Littleton we'll be in business.

MarkyMark

Rams fan for Life!!
Name
Mark
I definitely don't want to see Littleton go. He's pretty good right now, but I think in a couple of years he's going to be one of the best.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I would be pretty sad to see Littleton go.

If I'm not mistaken he still plays special teams because he loves it so much.

Bones really helped grow this dude as a player.

dang

Legend
Fowler has been strong this year beyond his recent sack total. He has fantastic lateral movement on his run defense and seems to have powerful impact on his tackles. He just needs to improve on his technique leading to better consistancy. I suspect he is just starting to hit his stride and will benefit greatly should the Rams start to see an improved defensive pass coverage. I like the idea of tagging him if he and the Rams cannot agree to a fair contract. This could allow for a nice trade vs a 3rd round comp pick if he decides to go to a higher bidder. In the meantime, I am looking at him to show as the most impactful defensive player (other than Donald) on the Rams the remainder of this year.