TA allowed the Cook fumble

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Well, he didn't allow it, but he was with Cook but let up. He STILL got into the end zone and got his hand on the fumbled ball.

Rookie mistake. If he had finished the play, Rams recover in the end zone - TD.

TA, don't stop until the whistle blows brother.

Graphicker

Starter
There is no blame in anyone lol. That was all heart and hustle by Tyran. No blame what so ever on Tavon.

lockdnram21

Legend
Yea no blame on tavon. Givens was actually closer to picking it up then anybody on the team

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
That play and and the ARZ defensive TD put us in a pretty bad spot in the second half. Coming back from that 21 point swing ( 14 point swing on the Cook TD) will really help with the psyche of our young team.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Cook allowed the Cook fumble.

"High and tight."

And the funny thing is, I've seen Fisher walking around during OTAs trying to slap the ball out of random players' hands when they've got it in their possession.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I don't blame him, but I'm sure the coaches told him to keep going till the whistle anyway.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
The only one to blame is the guy who fumbled. Cook could of also taken a little more of an angle away from the defender. He seemed to run closer to the middle of the field where Mathieu was. And he made a hell of a play.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Tavon, and everyone else, in, or close to the play, should keep going, keep trying to help, all the way to the goal line, on every play.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
So we're saying TA "should have done" something resembling what Suh did?

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I should have worded it better. TA has no responsibility for the fumble but he gave up too soon or he could have made the fumble recovery.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamzFanz said:
I should have worded it better. TA has no responsibility for the fumble but he gave up too soon or he could have made the fumble recovery.
Probably true. That's why coaches preach "to the whistle." I've seen a couple of instances where Quinn gave up after an outside rush where the play was a draw of off-tackle run (the play was behind him now), and if he had doubled back ... chances are really good that he would have plowed the RB from behind. On that really long Peterson run last year against us, that exact same thing happened. Bottom line is, you never quit until the whistle blows. And even then ... wait for it to blow twice. Leonard Little was really good that way. Really good.