T.J. McDonald on Thriving Under Gregg Williams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jap

Legend
I concur and have always been a fan of Gregg Williams I have little doubt that combined with Fisher they can build a great defense, however, until Fisher is able to broaden his horizons from an offensive perspective and hire a coordinator to be as creative as Williams offensively the Rams will always be playing every game very close to the vest.

Mad Mike would be a crazy tag team partner for Mad Greg, don't you think? Of course, Fish would have to lessen Mike's propensity empty those backfields and leave his QB's naked back there.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Mad Mike would be a crazy tag team partner for Mad Greg, don't you think? Of course, Fish would have to lessen Mike's propensity empty those backfields and leave his QB's naked back there.

I don't see that ever happening for one reason Martz has officially retired and if Fisher does go outside his box, IMO, it will be a young up and comer similar to when he hired Ben Sirmans as running back coach. I have posted many times that if Fisher does make a change at offensive coordinator, his first move will be to ask the Browns for permission to speak with quarterback coach Dowell Loggains who was with Fisher in Tennessee. After that I have no idea what direction he might go, but I truly believe at the end of the season, he will have to make changes on that side of the ball.

jap

Legend
I don't see that ever happening for one reason Martz has officially retired and if Fisher does go outside his box, IMO, it will be a young up and comer similar to when he hired Ben Sirmans as running back coach. I have posted many times that if Fisher does make a change at offensive coordinator, his first move will be to ask the Browns for permission to speak with quarterback coach Dowell Loggains who was with Fisher in Tennessee. After that I have no idea what direction he might go, but I truly believe at the end of the season, he will have to make changes on that side of the ball.

Yeah, it's just crazy dreaming on my part to have two over-the-top coordinators simultaneously coaching on either side of the ball. If we do, indeed, get a new coordinator, we need someone who encourage Sam|another_QB to go deep. With Sam especially, it's almost a crime not to take full advantage of that great accuracy deep.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
TJ is awesome. Him and Barron are a hammering duo and I love it.

Williams plays my favorite style of D

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Yeah, it's just crazy dreaming on my part to have two over-the-top coordinators simultaneously coaching on either side of the ball. If we do, indeed, get a new coordinator, we need someone who encourage Sam|another_QB to go deep. With Sam especially, it's almost a crime not to take full advantage of that great accuracy deep.

Very True and IMO, the perfect hire and one that would reignite the fan base would be Rod Chudzinski currently a special assistant in Indianapolis. The only issue would be if current Colt OC Pep Hamilton would get a Head Coaching job, but if he doesn't I can't imagine the Colts not granting the Rams permission and Chud did a nice job with Newton in Carolina plus worked mainly under Norv Turner who IMO offensive philosophy should mesh with Fisher.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Fact is the stars never did align themselves right for the Rams & Shotty with having #1-pass catchers, #2- Healthy Sam &#3-( most of all) Healthy effective OL to permit those nice deep throws. Now water gone under the bridge! There were some a few glimpses where I thought we might have put 2 of those 3 together but it was wishful thinking on my part. When Sam was fully healthy the OL & WR's were mostly MIA. When we had the pass catchers & the OL was half healthy as it could be Sam was MIA. Shotty seems to have caught the Rams virus of bad luck.

Looks to me Fisher has a small window of opportunity that could arrive early next season. If the OC returns & with Sam who might return for one more try as somewhat healthy QB ??to test drive this new cadre of young pass catchers (Quick-Cook-Britt-Bailey-Austin)but that OL :eek: must be addressed in the off season! Fact is it was Fisher who went the opposite direction in this OL area (well seasoned vets UFA's & WWC's ) & now Fisher would appear to have few options in this future QB situation there for him next season & has to be wishing he had the 2012 Sam Bradford version back.

If you were the immobile Sam with a seriously twice damaged knee & one rebuilt shoulder would you want to stand & throw those wonderful deep passes behind our current OL again if you had the chance to play behind a normal good pass blocking OL elsewhere? Fishers-Shooty-Boudreaus Rams may have to settle & feel lucky to have the Clemens, Hills & Davis's running the offense in the future.

jap

Legend
If you were the immobile Sam with a seriously twice damaged knee & one rebuilt shoulder would you want to stand & throw those wonderful deep passes behind our current OL again if you had the chance to play behind a normal good pass blocking OL elsewhere? Fishers-Shooty-Boudreaus Rams may have to settle & feel lucky to have the Clemens, Hills & Davis's running the offense in the future.

Well, clearly I believe in having a strong OL, which is why I have been onboard with getting one|two tackles for next season (depending on whether they want to resign Barksdale), two solid guards (one to start and the other to backup oft-injured Beetlejuice), and a solid center to replace Scott Wells. Drafting GRob was huge and will grow even more immense once he has his technique down pat. To the rest of the NFL, the Rams have probably grown impressive enough that they shouldn't have to settle for bargain-basement OL cast-offs anymore. We need a solid line for a potentially marque QB in Sam, who has never enjoyed one since he donned the Horns helmet.