CAMP REPORT Sun July-29 Camp Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
ss6ln6ioyqkmblsdojjw.pdf

https://www.therams.com/news/10-observations-from-day-3-of-training-camp

10 Observations from Day 3 of Training Camp

1) Los Angeles began the session with special teams and Johnny Hekker launching a number of punts. Hekker was routinely making his kicks at least 45 yards, working to move the ball in a number of different directions. During the offseason program, special teams coordinator John Fassel said one of Hekker’s goals for 2018 was to get better at directional punts.

2) As head coach Sean McVay said would be the case, many of the Rams veteran players received practice off. Among others, the list included the Rams’ longtime veteran offensive linemen — Andrew Whitworth, Rodger Saffold, and John Sullivan — along with defensive linemen Ndamukong Suh and Michael Brockers, and cornerback Aqib Talib. With his heavy use rate, running back Todd Gurley also received a vet day.

3) During individual drills, the tight ends came over to work with the offensive line on a pair of sleds. Most linemen and tight ends worked in pairs to push the two-man sleds. But others went solo to get in some good work.

4) On the defensive field, safeties spent time working on deep drops and interceptions. On one throw, safety John Johnson showed his considerable vertical, leaping up to make a pick. The play came against air, so take that for what it’s worth. But the raw athleticism is real.

5) McVay often talks about the need to maximize each moment during practice because there’s limited time. On Saturday, Los Angeles did that by splitting a field in half and running two-on-two, or three-on-three drills with quarterbacks, wide receivers, and the secondary. During that period, quarterback Jared Goff connected with wideout Brandin Cooks on a deep ball down the left side of the field.

6) The first 11-on-11 period of the day started with a nice touch pass from Goff to wide receiver Cooper Kupp. The Eastern Washington product caught the pass one handed over the middle of the field on a crossing route.

7) With many of the veterans resting on the offensive line, rookies Joe Noteboom and Jamil Demby received an opportunity for some extended reps. On one play in 11-on-11, Noteboom and Demby made a solid double-team block at the point of attack to spring running back Justin Davis for a solid five-to-six-yard run. The rookie duo slapped hands after the run in recognition of solid teamwork.

8) One reason Los Angeles wanted to re-sign slot corner Nickell Robey-Coleman this offseason was his ability to always be in position to stuff quick screens and swing passes in the flat. Robey-Coleman displayed that ability on Saturday, when wideout Pharoh Cooper received a swing pass from quarterback Sean Mannion and the slot corner out of USC was right there to make a play. He didn’t, of course, since the Rams weren’t in pads. But it was clear that he would have.

9) With McVay making Saturday’s practice a bit of a lighter session, some reserves got more time in 11-on-11 than they normally would. Quarterback Brandon Allen was able to take advantage of the opportunity, making a nice downfield completion to wide receiver Fred Brown off play action during a period.

10) Finally, it was nice to see kicker Greg Zuerlein nail four of his field-goal attempts during the later stages of practice. It was the first time Zuerlein’s kicked in an open practice during camp. Zuerlein — who was placed on injured reserve with a back injury requiring surgery after the Week 15 victory over Seattle — hit his longest field goal of the day from 45-yards out. In his daily press conference, McVay said Zuerlein “looked like the old Greg” with the successful kicks.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Finally, it was nice to see kicker Greg Zuerlein nail four of his field-goal attempts during the later stages of practice. It was the first time Zuerlein’s kicked in an open practice during camp. Zuerlein — who was placed on injured reserve with a back injury requiring surgery after the Week 15 victory over Seattle — hit his longest field goal of the day from 45-yards out. In his daily press conference, McVay said Zuerlein “looked like the old Greg” with the successful kicks.

:yess:

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Another Practice and another day for improving their craft.

This 2018 Rams team is as talented as it is well coached.

fsqisk6qplbn5w0kryec.jpg

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
I'll be there today!

Focus group for me will be linebackers and O-line.

I think we know what we got in QB, RB, WR, CB, SS, FS, and possibly DL but it would be fun to watch Suh and Brockers.

Of those that we are set on, I'll take an extended look at QB Perez and RB Kelly.

So much to see, so little time do!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll be there today!

I think we know what we got in QB, RB, WR, CB, SS, FS, and possibly DL but it would be fun to watch Suh and Brockers.

Of those that we are set on, I'll take an extended look at QB Perez and RB Kelly.

That sounds like a good agenda, good priorities, @VeteranRamFan

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Jamil Demby teaming with Noteboom for a nice run play. @VeteranRamFan & @bubbaramfan please try to focus on the young group when they get their chance.....Nice to read about the tandem and hopefully more glowing reports about those two moving forward.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Today and the next 2 weeks it gets real. The pads come on.

Can't wait to be there tomorrow. Day off Tuesday and back at it Wednesday. I'll be at that one too.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Demby number 64 & Noteboom #70, but I realize you know that, if you get close to Demby, yell out, How about those Black Bears?
Ok, give me some backstory about this black bear thing. I don't want to be looking like more of an idiot than I already am.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Ok, give me some backstory about this black bear thing. I don't want to be looking like more of an idiot than I already am.

He attended the University of Maine and their nickname is the Black Bears....Also Liam Cohen is now the Assistant WR Coach for the Rams and he was the OC at the University of Maine, so you can add are you and Coach Cohen enjoying the fine Southern California weather?

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
He attended the University of Maine and their nickname is the Black Bears....Also Liam Cohen is now the Assistant WR Coach for the Rams and he was the OC at the University of Maine, so you can add are you and Coach Cohen enjoying the fine Southern California weather?
Okay, I can do that! No worries about security running me down.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
I'll be there today!

If you have time I am really interested in getting information on how Micah Kiser is looking/progressing as well as QB Perez (Possibly, A Real Cinderrella Story/Have the Rams ever had one of those before?!!!). Thanks in Advance!!!

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
If you have time I am really interested in getting information on how Micah Kiser is looking/progressing as well as QB Perez (Possibly, A Real Cinderrella Story/Have the Rams ever had one of those before?!!!). Thanks in Advance!!!
Kiser is on my short list along with the other rookie defensive players.

I"m liking me some Perez too!