Stupid Question/Pre-Season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
I am probably WAY out of line but I just wonder if the Rams worry so much about getting players hurt during the Pre-Season that they may not give them enough game condition time playing together (Starters) to really be prepared for the start of the season. Too these VERY UNPROFESSIONAL Eyes it just seems that it takes the Rams Starters a few games or more to get comfortable and adjusted to each other. Just Curious/Probably TOTALLY Wrong!!!

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
I am probably WAY out of line but I just wonder if the Rams worry so much about getting players hurt during the Pre-Season that they may not give them enough game condition time playing together (Starters) to really be prepared for the start of the season. Too these VERY UNPROFESSIONAL Eyes it just seems that it takes the Rams Starters a few games or more to get comfortable and adjusted to each other. Just Curious/Probably TOTALLY Wrong!!!

You’re not the only one thinking that.

I thought that McVay should have played the starters more during preseason to get the player chemistry down set.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Good question, would say that McVay thought it was the right idea to defer starters from playing in the preseason at the time since it worked for us well at the start of last season. In retrospect, I would give more credit to our offense being unknown at the time; defenses thought that keying on Gurley would be more effective in neutralizing us and now they're respecting Goff as well with that 6-1 alignment to neutralize our 11-personnel

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
It's not a stupid question. But this is week 6 so the adjustment should already have happened.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
If we had played starters in preseason and someone had been hurt, you can bet the opposite would be the criticism.

Its damn hard to win consistently in the NFL. That's all there is to this.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Well, we could go back to the old days of 6 pre-season games.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Well, we could go back to the old days of 6 pre-season games.

Did you watch the Rams game last night? I would be interested in a neutral opinion of the Rams this season. I feel we are all too close to it to be truly objective.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Did you watch the Rams game last night? I would be interested in a neutral opinion of the Rams this season. I feel we are all too close to it to be truly objective.
Nope. I'm in Prague, which means the game started at 2:20 am my time. My wife would be pissed if I got up to watch a game at that time.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Nope. I'm in Prague, which means the game started at 2:20 am my time. My wife would be pissed if I got up to watch a game at that time.

Great city. I had relations on a pool table with an irish lady in a bar there once. Her name was Grace, my friends rather cruelly nicknamed her 'not so amazing grace' on account of her unfortunate aspect.

That was many years ago, I'm a normal functioning member of society now.

Ellard80

Legend
Pre-season has shit to do with anything... seemed to not matter when we went 8-0 at the beginning of last year and made the super bowl.

TexasRam

Legend
What if i told you we would only lose 1 game in the first 4 and still would win the division despite no preseason.

And that we would have less injury’s due to no preseason.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Fans during preseason: "it's pointless, why do they even play these games!!?? NFL needs to shorten games to 2, cuz 4 is totally unnecessary!!!!~~~"

Also fans the next week: "why didn't they play in preseason the team isn't in sync, those 2 preseason series would've helped so much!!!!!"