Studs & Duds ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
We were embarrassed by the Cardinals early last year too. Needed a reality check imo.

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Green Bay lasy year was a reality check too. That game ended up closer than it really was.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
I think Ernest Jones had a good game.

Where was Jordan Fuller too? It seems like I mostly saw Rapp(not making plays).

Nick Scott is a hammer. He had a nice game.

But yes, Robinson and Akers were MIA.

The team seemed off in every category(except Matt Gay).

Why was Powell bringing out those kickoffs?

Did they have any meetings or practices at all?

If Perkins played Allen in practice it didn't work.

Nothing worked. They looked like they were in a fog.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Its a long season. Game one is not make or break. They took some bad losses last year too. But it was disappointing their lack of energy coming out in the opener with the flag unveiling and looking like that. They have some things to sort out. At least they have a few extra days.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Akers.

Yikes.

Henderson looked WAAAAAAAAAY better and more explosive... wasn't even close.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Looks like we may be looking at another RB being added as we lost Williams last night to a high ankle sprain. Our luck at RB is so bad lately.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Also, our o-line looked like shit. The interior scares me and why weren't we sending chip blocks towards Von Miller as much? Either way, we got the shit kicked out of us. Gotta get ur shit together Rams and counting on you doing so.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
My thought exactly. Looked up stats and no more than you saw
Fuller he had 2 solo tackles to rapps 1

Last edited:

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
The no Cam thing has me very worried.
Is he the same back he used to be? Not buying McVay response.
because Cam didn't even start.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Stud, Stafford had the best tackle of the night.

Unfortunately, that's not supposed to be his job. . . .

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I liked a lot about Kupp, Wagner, Jones, Lewis, Scott, Dixon, and Gay.

I think Robinson and Henderson played better than their stats.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
I think Ernest Jones had a good game.

yeah my son was wondering if it would be wise to move Ramsey to safety after all he is a big hitter and could ball hawk from back there.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Our safety position is a real mystery. No preseason to give us any sort of indicators on who is in what role. Does seem like Rapp finished well but waiting for the snap counts.

Ramsey as a CB/Safety hybrid could kick a lot of ass. When you need to go zero he's a help and when you need to sit in zone you can park him anywhere. But to do that we'd need three performers better than him which is unlikely, barring a situation where his play falls off a cliff.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Rams PFF grades and notes: Left side of offensive line struggled in Week 1

Cooper Kupp and Ernest Jones were the highest grades players on their respective sides of the ball

By JB Scott Sep 9, 2022,

The excitement surrounding the new NFL season turned to disappointment late Thursday night when the Buffalo Bills closed out the opening game against the Los Angeles Rams 31-10.

Aside from Cooper Kupp, LA never got much going on the offensive side of the football. Quarterback Matthew Stafford lacked a sense of urgency in the pocket - taking 7 sacks and frequently putting the ball in harm’s way. The offensive line struggled, and left guard David Edwards was the weak link in Week 1.

Top 5 grades on offense:​

1 - Cooper Kupp, WR: 83.3​

He’s the most consistent wide receiver in football, and still in the conversation for the best overall receiver. His top grade should not come as a surprise.

2 - Brandon Powell, WR/KR: 69.5​

Beware of a small sample size here - Powell logged only three snaps on offense. He was given a hand off for three yards and caught a 10-yard pass.

3 - Coleman Shelton, RG: 67.9​

4 - Brian Allen, OC: 67.6​

5 - Rob Havenstein, RT: 64.7​

Shelton is the only Rams offensive lineman that graded out better in pass protection (70.9) than run blocking (63.5). It’s encouraging to see the dependable Rob Havenstein maintain his level of performance after earning a three-year contract extension from the team.

Other offensive notes:
Joseph Noteboom was solid in the run game (73.3 run blocking grade), but struggled in pass protection (44.7). David Edwards graded similarly in run blocking, though he earned a 6.9 failing grade in pass blocking. The right side of the offensive line played well according to PFF - and the left side needs to fare better moving forward in order to give Stafford and the offense a fighting chance.

Analytically-inclined analysts would tell you that sacks are mostly a QB start - and pressures get blamed on offensive linemen. Sure, the offensive line struggled in pass protection, but did Stafford and the offensive scheme do everything they could to deal with the pressure?

Top 5 grades on defense:​

1 - Ernest Jones, ILB: 91.2​

Jones was a force against the Bill’s ground attack (93.8 rush defense grade). A forced fumble bolstered his tackling grade (80.3).

It’s notable that PFF credited him with allowing 5 catches on 5 targets for 27 yards. The Rams had trouble forcing incompletions and getting off the field on third down.

2 - Nick Scott, DB: 85.2​

The best safety on the field for LA Thursday night was clearly Nick Scott. He was physical at the point of contact and played sideline to sideline - earning a run defense grade of 92.7. Scott also forced a fumble, according to PFF.

He was targeted once but did not give up a completion in pass coverage.

3 - Aaron Donald, DE: 81.7​

Donald recorded 4 total pressures and a sack, though Josh Allen getting the ball out quickly on a consistent basis mitigated the effect of the Rams’ defensive line.

4 - Marquise Copeland, DE: 78.9​

He was in for only 8 snaps, but this is an encouraging sign for LA’s depth along the defensive line.

5 - Troy Hill, CB: 76.5​

Hill’s return shows just how important he’s been to the secondary over the last several years - and he was probably the Rams’ best corner against the Bills.

Including his impressive interception where he jumped a route to the slot receiver, Hill was targeted 6 times and allows 4 receptions for 43 yards (traditional QB rating of 87.5)

Other defensive notes:​

Jalen Ramsey struggled in pass coverage, and PFF credited him as allowing 5 receptions on 6 targets for 103 yards, 2 touchdowns, and a traditional QB rating of 158.3 (maximum rating).

One of the biggest concerns on the roster heading into the regular season was at edge defender - and Justin Hollins’ and Leonard Floyd’s performance did not do much to alleviate those concerns. Hollins was the Rams worst graded defender at 31.6 and Floyd was the second-worst at 37.7. Terrell Lewis was the 7th-best graded defender at 68.5 - and he recorded an interception on a bobbled pass by the receiver.

Last edited:

Wisconsinram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mike
Hate to see McVay's reply on Akers as he rarely speaks like that about his players. That said, watch the tape and ask yourself what was he supposed to differently. There was simply nothing there on his 3 touches.