Stuck at 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

if stuck at 2 the rams have to take

1 - clowney if he's there. don't care about needs, you take premium talent when you get the chance. the coaching staff will work out how best to use him.

2 - if clowney is gone, mathews or robinson. fix the oline for the long haul.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Mathews is my pick all the way at #2.

Watkins is a close 2nd.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Watkins, Matthews maybe Mack. But with the draft deep at all those spots I don't see a windfall coming either.

If it was the Rams picking between 4 and 9 would you give up your 1st a 2nd this year and a 1st next year to move up for one of those players? Or for a QB with a uncertain future?
Or would it be worth it to trade down a few spots, maybe missing on a top 5 player for just getting another 2 this year?

fearsomefour

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't wanna take anyone at 2, man. Everything I propose is after a trade down. I have no issues with Robinson starting his career at OG.

I do beleive Matthews is Snisher's pick of the two of which I'm fine with.
I agree with a trade down just it might not happen. Have to get value for the pick.

fearsomefour

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I
If it was the Rams picking between 4 and 9 would you give up your 1st a 2nd this year and a 1st next year to move up for one of those players? Or for a QB with a uncertain future?
Or would it be worth it to trade down a few spots, maybe missing on a top 5 player for just getting another 2 this year?
I would not no

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I

I would not no
Nor would I. I would hate to see the Rams miss out on the player they want.
On the flip side some GM who is in win now mode might way overpay just to get a QB in a effort to keep his job. That's when the Rams maybe be able to cash in.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
At Number 2 there is only one player for me and that is Matthews he is ready to go at any position on the line with the possible exception of C right now.
Robinson might learn how to pass pro and he might not.

Watkins is not that much better than Evans, caught most of his passes within 10 yards of the LOS is not big enough for my liking. Is he a good prospect yes but not as NFL ready as Matthews and may not produce until year 2 or 3 like people expect.

Clowney just isn't a position of need compared to Matthews has questionable work ethics and really did not produce this year against weaker competition.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I think our options, stuck at #2 or not, always were Watkins, Robinson or Matthews.

Clowney may or may not be good (has too many red flags for me) but he would force a player we know is good either out of position or to the bench or be out of position himself.

Because I'm drafting for the future, I'll take the #1 WR we can't get later, then use later picks to get our guards. Who knows who'll be available at tackle when we need one.

See what I did there? ;)

Memphis Ram

Legend
How to you sign both Clowney and Quinn to long term deals??? Basically in approx. four years we're forced to trade or cut one of them. With an OL (or WR) we have room for a #1.

Basically no NFL team can afford two #1's per position grouping (in the long run). And if you have two #1's in one position grouping (DL) that means that you are most likely suffering a lack of talent at other position groupings, which we clearly are. This is how teams suffer years of ineptitude...

I wonder if that was the thinking when the Rams drafted Quinn with Long already on the roster. And under the old CBA Long started off with a much bigger contract. And has been re-signed to a monster deal with Quinn coming up.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I wonder if that was the thinking when the Rams drafted Quinn with Long already on the roster. And under the old CBA Long started off with a much bigger contract. And has been re-signed to a monster deal with Quinn coming up.
The difference there is that I think there's not as much perceived difference between LE and RE as there is between LT and RT. Indeed, when Long came in, the LE position (and #91) was already taken by Little.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Robinson. I'm officially stuck on drafting him.

I'd be happy with Matthews.
As am I. I'm all in for Greg Robinson. Then within our next 3 picks add an OG and start then both flanking Scott Wells. We need to be able to play smash mouth football & play action w/ Bradford.

Furthermore I would draft Robinson and trade down from 13 and draft Martin.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame

Good point bro. If you look at Long's new contract the big money is all paid upfront, so it won't interfere with the mega millions that we will pay Quinn. Rightly so. Quinn will make... what 12M a year? when we resign him. We cannnnnnooooot lose him. It's cap dollars (monopoly money) well spent.

laramsoriginal

Starter
If we're stuxk at #2 then Robinson/Mathews. No doubt about it. It fills the hole at OG in 2014 and a hile at OT in 2015 if Barksdale decides to cash in.

VARAMS

UDFA
Name
Dano
Broken record but 1.2 pick is best available. Pick 1.13 is positional need. Looking at last years draft I don't think picking OT at 1.2 resulted in picking best available - my guess is all 3 teams would like a mulligan on their picks. Hell DJ Fluker (#4 OT chosen) outplayed them all. Best available is Clowney or Watkins - potential stud skilled players for the next 10 years.