Stromberg declares for NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
some discussion of Stromberg around here

paywall

Stromberg, a fourth-year senior from Tulsa who made preseason All-SEC teams, bypassed early entry for the draft last season but elected to forgo a potential bonus year at Arkansas. A source close to the situation said Stromberg, who has 44 career starts, will not play in the Razorbacks’ bowl game.

Stromberg thanked Pittman, Cody Kennedy and Brad Davis, his current and former offensive line coaches with the Razorbacks, in his announcement on social media. He also thanked the fans.

“You guys made the last 4 years unforgettable and I will cherish every moment I’ve had here,” Stromberg wrote.

Well, McVay - you got your TuTu. No excuses this time if he falls into your lap. ;)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Imagine if he's on the board and we move down. @Loyal may need counseling at that point. :laugh4:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Imagine if he's on the board and we move down. @Loyal may need counseling at that point. :laugh4:

Depends on whether we move down, grab another 3'rd round pick, and then still get Stromberg in the later part of the 2'nd or early 3'rd.
I think the Combine & Senior Bowl will tell us more about where Stromberg & his Center competition land.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It does feel like hitting on a center could go a long way to fixing a lot of our issues up front. From there maybe the guards get sorted and we get lucky with someone holding down LT, be it Boom or Jackson.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
It does feel like hitting on a center could go a long way to fixing a lot of our issues up front. From there maybe the guards get sorted and we get lucky with someone holding down LT, be it Boom or Jackson.

I see Stromberg as capable of doing both. Obviously, our first need will be at the vacant LG position, and Stromberg has played both RG & LG before settling in as a permanent Center for Arkansas, ... he could do the same for us, playing 2023 at LG and moving over to starting Center in 2024. I believe 2023 will still be Allen/Shelton holding down the Center job while Stromberg learns the Center calls. Shelton may or may not return in 2024 as he becomes a free agent and Allen hopefully brings us a little something by way of a future trade. jmo.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Oh no, let’s not play that game. No trading back. If he’s the guy the Rams want, PLEASE don’t screw around. Just draft him ASAP.

Depends on whether we move down, grab another 3'rd round pick, and then still get Stromberg in the later part of the 2'nd or early 3'rd.
I think the Combine & Senior Bowl will tell us more about where Stromberg & his Center competition land.
So much to sort out between now and the draft, pending the usual combine and team visits. Who knows where Stromberg will land on BB's? As it stands a high 3rd sounds right whereas a high 2nd seems like a reach but we all know he will move, the direction he moves is the question.

In other words, I agree with River in that there is a lot of ground to cover for the Rams & Stromberg and like Fanoftdd says don't overplay your hand. We don't have a BPA scenario this year, we have legit holes to fill

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've gravitated back to needing LT tbh. As excited as it makes me to see this line with a stud center I can't shake the worry about LT. So idk, we'll see what the Rams prioritize and I hope they get this right.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've gravitated back to needing LT tbh. As excited as it makes me to see this line with a stud center I can't shake the worry about LT. So idk, we'll see what the Rams prioritize and I hope they get this right.
Working on a mock with Joe Tippmann at center. He might be thicker than what McVay likes but he's my favorite day 3 center.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Every time I see his name I think "Lomberg" which makes me think of Office Space.

TPSREPORTSASAP.gif

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Working on a mock with Joe Tippmann at center. He might be thicker than what McVay likes but he's my favorite day 3 center.
Do you really think they will Wisconsin, once again?

fearsomefour

Legend
The starting centers coming out of camp for McVay.

Blythe 290 lbs
Sullivan 302 lbs
Allen 303 lbs

He's put smaller centers and even smaller guards out there for the most part. Hell we have a thread here where people were complaining about our OL being too small.

Last years starting Guards Edwards and Corbett 308 lbs 306 lbs. Whit and Hav both at 330 aren't the heaviest of OT either. Each guy is 10 to 30 lbs lighter than their counterparts on some of the current top OL like the Eagles. I'm not here talking bad about Stromberg at all don't get me wrong I think he could be very good. I'm wondering if he's a McVay type of OL.
It seems Centers are smaller....shorter arms and smaller than most Gs.
So, they end up at C.
But, the good ones, compensate with smarts and good technique.
The weights don't often get updated on NFL team sites or depth charts. Not sure why not.
I can tell you with certainty Corbett is is bigger than 306 now.