Still Watching The Rams LBs Play

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
This Card game could be a biggie for Littleton.

If he picks up where he left off vs Raiders, I think we’re onto something. Littleton has just been making plays since he showed up in his first OTA.

Wade loves the guy, and I suspect for very good reason.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
After the Oakland game I rated the LB play as MARGINALLY SOLID, which is pretty good given their youth.

The standout among the LBs was Littleton. The guy was everywhere! Early in the game he got caught watching Ebukam go on a blitz and let Raider TE Cook go right by him on a big play. After that he settled down and played well.

I'm looking at the LB tackling because in a 34 defense the LBs have to tackle well. To often the Ram LBs are tackling high which leads to extra yards often.

Littleton, Ebukam, and Barron (when he gets back) are small LBs. They're fast but will many times be tackling guys that are bigger and they must wrap up at the legs to get these guys down.

Tackling has to be better!

I saw this differently. Littleton played outside leverage on Cook and the error was the terrible angle taken by Joyner. Cook was covered most of the game by either JJ or Talib, not the LB’s.

What I saw out of our linebackers was speed and great form tackling. The only criticism I have actually is a compliment to Lynch and Cook for muscling through some tackles with outstanding leverage. Smaller LB’s will be susceptible to that but I’d prefer they be quick enough to help with blitzes and coverage. Kiser, Hager, Longacre, and Easley are my picks for short yardage LB’s when stopping the run is an emphasis.

Once they all learn to better communicate and function as a unit...this LB crew will be head and shoulders above anything we’ve had since London Fletcher was a Ram.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Littleton still doing great things today. Other than that facemask penalty anyway.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I'm watching the Rams linebackers play for the New York Giants;

Alec Ogletree
Connor Barwin
Ray Ray Armstrong

Our leftovers.

My guess is they're going to get shredded. :D