Still 4 weeks to go? Time for a mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
2 Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
13 Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
44 Gabe Jackson, OG, Mississippi State
75 Jaylen Watkins, CB, Florida
110 Dion Bailey, FS, USC
153 Austin Wentworth, OT, Fresno State
188 Ryan Carrethers, DT, Arkansas State
214 Connor Shaw, QB, South Carolina
226 Devon Kennard, OLB, USC
241 Matt Patchan, OT, Boston College
249 Ladarius Perkins, RB, Mississippi State
250 Ryan Groy, OG, Wisconsin

Would leave our starting WRs as Austin, Bailey and Watkins.

If Jenkins can find a role in Williams D we'd have 3 very good corners.

Jones and Jackson would battle it out for the starting LG spot.

Watkins and Bailey would battle it out for the starting FS spot, if Watkins losses out we'd have good depth at CB with a 5 deep of Johnson, Jenkins, Gilbert, McGee and Watkins.

A back up QB who I really like, a senior TD to INT ratio of 30 (6 rushing) to 1.

Some nice projects for coach Bou to work with.

My only worry would be if Long isn't healthy game 1 we'd be screwed.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
2 Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
13 Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
44 Gabe Jackson, OG, Mississippi State
75 Jaylen Watkins, CB, Florida
110 Dion Bailey, FS, USC
153 Austin Wentworth, OT, Fresno State
188 Ryan Carrethers, DT, Arkansas State
214 Connor Shaw, QB, South Carolina
226 Devon Kennard, OLB, USC
241 Matt Patchan, OT, Boston College
249 Ladarius Perkins, RB, Mississippi State
250 Ryan Groy, OG, Wisconsin

Would leave our starting WRs as Austin, Bailey and Watkins.

If Jenkins can find a role in Williams D we'd have 3 very good corners.

Jones and Jackson would battle it out for the starting LG spot.

Watkins and Bailey would battle it out for the starting FS spot, if Watkins losses out we'd have good depth at CB with a 5 deep of Johnson, Jenkins, Gilbert, McGee and Watkins.

A back up QB who I really like, a senior TD to INT ratio of 30 (6 rushing) to 1.

Some nice projects for coach Bou to work with.

My only worry would be if Long isn't healthy game 1 we'd be screwed.

Look at it this way. If Long isn't ready go just go ahead and put Austin Wentworth out there.

That way when Bradford gets blown up (because, you know, he's basically working on one leg) no one will blame Long and they'll chalk it up to Wentworth being a rookie and needing time to adjust.

Bradford gets another year to chill (and get paid) on the sideline, Long is still the man in the fans eyes, and Wentworth has gotten valuable game experience. It's a win for everybody :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Look at it this way. If Long isn't ready go just go ahead and put Austin Wentworth out there.

That way when Bradford gets blown up (because, you know, he's basically working on one leg) no one will blame Long and they'll chalk it up to Wentworth being a rookie and needing time to adjust.

Bradford gets another year to chill (and get paid) on the sideline, Long is still the man in the fans eyes, and Wentworth has gotten valuable game experience. It's a win for everybody :)

So you don't like it then? :unsure:

We could always go with Wentworth at LT, and claim that Sam isn't "quite" ready, put Shaw in and bring back Sam when Long is back. And trade Shaw for a 1st round pick after he goes 2-0.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
So you don't like it then? :unsure:

We could always go with Wentworth at LT, and claim that Sam isn't "quite" ready, put Shaw in and bring back Sam when Long is back. And trade Shaw for a 1st round pick after he goes 2-0.

If Connor Shaw goes 2-0 with Wentworth at left tackle I may want to ride that train for a bit and let everybody else have a break.

Your draft isn't bad at all. It's just a little heavy on Sammy Watkins, light on Jake Matthews for my taste. :)

If Connor Shaw goes 2-0 with Wentworth at left tackle I may want to ride that train for a bit and let everybody else have a break.

Your draft isn't bad at all. It's just a little heavy on Sammy Watkins, light on Jake Matthews for my taste. :)

Yeah that's fair, I think the success/failure of it depends upon the health of Long, if he's ready to go then I'm happy with both our OTs and the major issue becomes Barksdale's impending FA, at which point hopefully we can do something with Wentworth or Patchan. If he's not then God help Sam.

lockdnram21

Legend
i hate it . dont like that you waited so long for OT. i 4hink this is longs last year with rams. i also think barksdale is overrated. Saffold and Long are Both underrated. theres no chancewe pick watkins at 2. in a trade down but not at 2.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Yeah that's fair, I think the success/failure of it depends upon the health of Long, if he's ready to go then I'm happy with both our OTs and the major issue becomes Barksdale's impending FA, at which point hopefully we can do something with Wentworth or Patchan. If he's not then God help Sam.

The fact that no one at Rams park is talking about how great Long's rehab is going makes me think he won't be ready week 1. He may not even be ready the first month. Who knows?

I just think it's a good idea to target a foundation player like Matthews.
I think Wentworth and Patchan could be solid pros, I just don't want to have to bank on it from day one.

The fact that no one at Rams park is talking about how great Long's rehab is going makes me think he won't be ready week 1. He may not even be ready the first month. Who knows?

I just think it's a good idea to target a foundation player like Matthews.
I think Wentworth and Patchan could be solid pros, I just don't want to have to bank on it from day one.

With the St Louis media is that really saying much?

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
With the St Louis media is that really saying much?

But I'm not talking about the media, I'm talking about the Rams.

15 minutes after Bradford's surgery they started talking about how great his rehab was going.
NFL organizations are always going to talk up any positives, even if it requires a bit of truth stretching.

The fact that they're saying nothing about Long's progress doesn't seem like a very good sign to me.

But I'm not talking about the media, I'm talking about the Rams.

15 minutes after Bradford's surgery they started talking about how great his rehab was going.
NFL organizations are always going to talk up any positives, even if it requires a bit of truth stretching.

The fact that they're saying nothing about Long's progress doesn't seem like a very good sign to me.

Didn't they say He'd be back week 1? Outside of saying he'll still be back week 1 is there really that much to say?

SierraRam

Recreational User
i meant to say long and saffold are injury prone.

Exactly - If those guys stay healthy, its a great draft (BIG IF)

I would love to somehow get Watkins and a top Tackle but if ya gotta chose, we need the tackle more...

The secondary is definately fixed with this draft. Does Bailey last 'till 110?