Steven Jackson will be features as receiver

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_of_Old

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000207978/article/steven-jackson-will-be-featured-in-falcons-air-attack" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... air-attack</a>

That guy will be a beast in the open...Hope he is successful.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
And to his and the falcons benefit.

I felt Jeff Fisher and Schotty waited too long to use SJ thoroughly in the passing game last year...And any of our RBs for that matter. I remember SCREAMING for the Rams to run some RB screens to all of our RBs, mostly SJ who has been a great screen RB his whole career...But Fisher Schotty seemed to neglect this treat of using DRich and SJ in the passing game until perhaps the mid to late part of the season. A mistake that I think cost us some more first downs to extend drives in earlier games and definitely some more points.

I look for SJ to make his usual 40-50 catches if healthy with Atlanta.

Look forward to seeing SJ39 continue to shine!

jap

Legend
I don't know about DRich being anything special as a receiver, but I have been posting about wanting the Rams to hit SJ in motion with passes for years now.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Jackson proved in 06 that he was a very good receiver but nobody bothered to do much with him in that regard. Since then he cops a few hundred yards receiving and that's it. So they would be wise to get him the ball that way. Remember what he did that year? He was killing teams especially if I recall to the right side once Bulger got the pass down.

After that year that play was one we hardly saw. He had the 5th most yards from scrimmage ever that year then they just stopped throwing it to him as much. Which was a very bad idea IMO.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
LesBaker said:
Jackson proved in 06 that he was a very good receiver but nobody bothered to do much with him in that regard. Since then he cops a few hundred yards receiving and that's it. So they would be wise to get him the ball that way. Remember what he did that year? He was killing teams especially if I recall to the right side once Bulger got the pass down.

After that year that play was one we hardly saw. He had the 5th most yards from scrimmage ever that year then they just stopped throwing it to him as much. Which was a very bad idea IMO.

That was the year Linehan ran Martz's offense.
I can say with a fair amount of confidence that if Martz had been his HC throughout SJ's career, he'd be an unquestioned HOF first ballot back,and would have playoff appearances and wins.

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, I think SJ will help the Falcons reach the next level this year. I will be pulling for them and Steven...when they don't play the Rams of course :cheese:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thordaddy said:
LesBaker said:

That was the year Linehan ran Martz's offense.
I can say with a fair amount of confidence that if Martz had been his HC throughout SJ's career, he'd be an unquestioned HOF first ballot back,and would have playoff appearances and wins.
Not with his drafting "prowess", and not with the ridiculous amount of injuries we suffered.

Of course one COULD make the argument that the injuries would be different with another coach making the calls, but then I point you back to his drafting.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Plus Jackson is a RB and the only RB who worked in his system was Faulk.