Steven Jackson - My time in Prague

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Interesting short read. Hit the link to view his photos;

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sj39.com/news/my-time-prague/2013/02/15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sj39.com/news/my-time-prague/2013/02/15</a>

I decided to head to Prague in the Czech Republic because I kept hearing nothing but great things about it. And after nearly spending exactly a week there, I can truly say I made some lifelong friends there.

ST. VITUS CATHEDRAL IN PRAGUE.

Before my trip, I didn't know exactly what to expect from Prague and the people that call it home. I knew it would have a lot of history (which I love), and strong people that have endured a lot of pain. But that pain has not kept them from opening up to strangers.

THE STREETS OF PRAGUE BEFORE SUNRISE DURING MY VISIT.

After a day of travel and a good night's rest, I took to the streets of Prague before sunrise and visited the Charles Bridge and the Astronomical Clock tower. I find it unbelievable that these structures are still standing, and have survived the centuries of usage. The next few days, I explored the Jewish Quarters and visited a number Synagogues, as while a Jewish Cemetery that was used from the 13th to 15th century.

A JEWISH CEMETERY THAT HAS BEEN THERE SINCE THE 13 CENTURY.

On most of my trips, there's so much to see and do, and a relatively short amount of time to do it all it. I rarely get a chance to mix business with pleasure. But that's exactly what I got a chance to do when a longtime friend, Dr. Clayton Skaggs, turned out to be visiting Prague as well. I accompanied Dr. Skaggs to the some of his meetings with his friends and colleagues in the Czech Republic. While there, I underwent a number of physical tests that revealed some deficiencies that I have, which will allow me to train this offseason with even greater purpose.

TRYING MY HAND AT TENNIS WITH DAVIS CUP CHAMPION RADEK STEPNAK.

Then, just when I thought my trip couldn't get any better, I had the pleasure of meeting Davis Cup Champion Radek Stepnak. I'd never played tennis before -- I'd only enjoyed the game from a spectator's point of view. I took to the tennis court with Radek and attempted to play a couple of light matches, and to digest a few coaching points (which were badly needed) -- how to get into position to hit the ball, how to place my my foot when making contact with the ball, and so forth.

Radek, if you're reading this, I promise to get you on the football field and return the favor of showing you up in my respective sport.

Next up: time to explore Southeast Asia.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Just as Bradford and the passing game improved the second half of last year, I think SJ really deserves a chance to run behind a real Fisher o-line. The line didn't really gel until late in the year but even with the committee approach at RB the last 8 games, SJ put up some solid numbers.

First 8 games:
108 att 403 yards 3.73 ypc 1TD

Last 8 games:
149 att 639 yards 4.29 ypc 3TD

Also, I think it's important to note just how little SJ got the ball near the goal line. 15 attempts in 16 games from the opponent's 9 yard line or closer. That's less than 1 goal line carry per game yet he scored 4 TD's in those 15 attempts. By comparison:
Arian Foster - 42att/12TD
Alfred Morris - 22att/9TD
Adrian Peterson - 28att/7TD
Stevan Ridley - 31att/11TD
Marshawn Lynch - 21att/5TD
Michael Turner - 21att/8TD

Well, you get the idea.

Give SJ an improved o-line and respectable passing game to keep defenses honest, and he can finish out his career as a Ram and as a productive RB.