Steven Jackson likes Blackmon in the draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGU4EFpWh48[/youtube]

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Saw this yesterday. I am wanting us to take Blackmon more and more recently....which means we will trade out of the pick, haha. Actually, if we trade with Cleveland, we may bget him AND have the 2nd 1st rd pic. Hmm......

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I guess I'm missing Cleveland's motivation for trading up? I know they need a QB but they must know we are not going after RG3 and Minnesota is most likely locked in on Kalil. It would be great if they believed that the Rams or Vikings were looking at RG3. We could indeed then trade with them, gain picks, and still get Blackmon or Kalil. Fingers crossed.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Ramhusker said:
I guess I'm missing Cleveland's motivation for trading up? I know they need a QB but they must know we are not going after RG3 and Minnesota is most likely locked in on Kalil. It would be great if they believed that the Rams or Vikings were looking at RG3. We could indeed then trade with them, gain picks, and still get Blackmon or Kalil. Fingers crossed.

They may trade up to #2 thinking that the Redskins would try same.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Ramhusker said:

We let them know other teams are interested, so he won't make it to them at #4.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ramhusker said:
That's kind of what I was saying before. Even if we don't plan on taking Griffin, we certainly need to float it out there that we're willing to heavily consider it. Of course the flip side of that is that there are more teams than just Cleveland that are salivating over Griffin, so the Browns don't necessarily have to hope he falls, but instead, plan on blocking any other team from trading up to the #2 spot by taking it themselves.

Pretty exciting stuff. Personally, I'll be pretty let down if the Rams keep that pick and take Kalil. He's going to be a phenomenal tackle and all, but man does this team need some playmakers. And that's a double-edged sword. People will say that playmakers can't get open if the line can't block, but at the same time, a line can only block for so long. If a lack of playmakers results in nobody getting open, then you're screwed either way.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
X said:
Ramhusker said:
That's kind of what I was saying before. Even if we don't plan on taking Griffin, we certainly need to float it out there that we're willing to heavily consider it. Of course the flip side of that is that there are more teams than just Cleveland that are salivating over Griffin, so the Browns don't necessarily have to hope he falls, but instead, plan on blocking any other team from trading up to the #2 spot by taking it themselves.

Pretty exciting stuff. Personally, I'll be pretty let down if the Rams keep that pick and take Kalil. He's going to be a phenomenal tackle and all, but man does this team need some playmakers. And that's a double-edged sword. People will say that playmakers can't get open if the line can't block, but at the same time, a line can only block for so long. If a lack of playmakers results in nobody getting open, then you're screwed either way.

If we get Kalil then nobody can say "YES, now we have a pair of good bookend OTs for years to come" because we already said that.....last year after the Draft :lmao: . Gotta have a little sense of humor in our struggles/bad luck.