Steelers pick up Pead to "replace" Bell

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
Jeremy FowlerESPN Senior NFL Writer
fowler_jeremy_m.jpg

Steelers make it official - Le'Veon Bell to Injured Reserve. The team signed free agent Isaiah Pead to take his place. Bell finishes the season with 556 yards and three rushing touchdowns in 5 1/2 games. Great tailback has career on hold after MCL injury.
icon-espn-e-@2x.png

NFL 2m

Don't he'll get many meaningful carries. He'll most likely be in there to spell Williams. But...if Pead can't succeed in that Pitt O.

Well. :whistle:

Athos

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
good luck with ball security and pass protection :jerkoff:

Pass Pro was actually the one thing he was good at. It was everything else added to the mix where issues popped up...ugly, ugly issues.

WvuIN02

Starter
He wont play unless Deangelo Williams is hurt, or to give him a small breather. D. Williams was leading the league rushing after the first two weeks he played for Bells suspension.

Haley's offense is very plug and play, but the backs all need to have a specific skillset for that.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I pitched to NFL Radio after he was cut that the Seahawks should pick him up. This was when they were hurting for RBs - Lynch was down - and I talked him up as a guy who is in the Ray Rice mold (they were discussing signing Rice...) but younger and without the checkered off-field issues. Plus a guy who can make a positive impact on ST coverage units.

They proceeded to thank me for my suggestion and ask about the LA scenario.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I pitched to NFL Radio after he was cut that the Seahawks should pick him up. This was when they were hurting for RBs - Lynch was down - and I talked him up as a guy who is in the Ray Rice mold (they were discussing signing Rice...) but younger and without the checkered off-field issues. Plus a guy who can make a positive impact on ST coverage units.

They proceeded to thank me for my suggestion and ask about the LA scenario.
Is it just my imagination or didn't the Seahawks give him a tryout?

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Is it just my imagination or didn't the Seahawks give him a tryout?

No, but I think the Patriots did. Some team did, anyway, if memory serves.

Good luck to Pead. He clearly had no confidence in St. Louis. Maybe a change of scenery will do him some good. I don't think he's an NFL back but maybe he can prove me wrong.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who is this Pead you speak of?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Don't be surprised....DeAngelo Williams isn't an every down back....So when Pead gets his touches.....watch out...:mrburnsevil:

And this leads to another point, I bet Givens breaks out too...S. Smith Sr. down:mrburns:....

Watch these two resurrect their careers...:boxing::lifting:

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Pass Pro was actually the one thing he was good at. It was everything else added to the mix where issues popped up...ugly, ugly issues.
ah yes it was Mason that had the protection problems early on

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Don't be surprised....DeAngelo Williams isn't an every down back....So when Pead gets his touches.....watch out...:mrburnsevil:

And this leads to another point, I bet Givens breaks out too...S. Smith Sr. down:mrburns:....

Givens made a nice long grab yesterday. Was a great throw by Flacco and he just glided under it.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
To steal a phraise from NFLN Fantacy Football show " This Helps No one!!":LOL:

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
No, but I think the Patriots did. Some team did, anyway, if memory serves.

Good luck to Pead. He clearly had no confidence in St. Louis. Maybe a change of scenery will do him some good. I don't think he's an NFL back but maybe he can prove me wrong.
I researched, it was the Jets.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
OOC, does anyone listen to Moving the Chains on NFL XM, and did you happen to hear me discussing Pead and relocation a couple weeks ago? I need an ego boost. And it was fun - I was on longer than many of their actual scheduled guests.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If I were the Steelers GM there's no way I'd look at Pead. I'd rather trade for Cunningham or Mason. Rams have enough depth at the position, they'd entertain offers.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
OOC, does anyone listen to Moving the Chains on NFL XM, and did you happen to hear me discussing Pead and relocation a couple weeks ago? I need an ego boost. And it was fun - I was on longer than many of their actual scheduled guests.

I listen to it all the time. Definitely one of the best shows around in any medium. Pat Kirwan is the man, dude straight up knows what he's talkin about.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I listen to it all the time. Definitely one of the best shows around in any medium. Pat Kirwan is the man, dude straight up knows what he's talkin about.
Best show on the station. Almost all I listen to on my commutes now is NFL radio. I really wish they'd stop putting Shannon Sharpe on in the mornings, though. I'm tired of hearing him say "Papa" in that exasperated "Can you believe this shit?" tone of his.

JCK363

Behind Enemy Lines
Name
John
Painful headline on my NFL app regarding the Pead signing lol
Screenshot_2015-11-02-14-22-47.png

WvuIN02

Starter

Sure he is. He had 20+ carries in both games Bell was absent on suspension and averaged 5 ypc for a total of 204 yards rushing in those games. He's a good 3rd down blocker and can catch the screens and go that Haley loves to run.

Pittsburgh also has one of the better OLs in the league, as they have invested heavily there in recent years.