Stedman Bailey’s Hardcore Workout: Months After Getting Shot

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
L.A. Rams WR Stedman Bailey is back in NFL training mode — busting his ass in a Miami gym in the hopes of returning to the league despite being shot in the head … and TMZ Sports has the video. Bailey was struck by two bullets on November 24th … leaving him in critical condition at a Miami hospital … where he remained for a month. S.B. vowed to make a gridiron comeback … despite the odds being so incredibly stacked against him.

Watch Bailey's Workout

Ram65

Legend
Very cool for Sted. Interesting to see what happens with him and the Rams. He has a base 2016 salary around 690K. Dead money is 128k if cut.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Just in time for his contract year. That seems to be when our players put it together.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I will take Stedman back in a minute if he clears his physical. If there ever was a time ripe for him to have a big yr its with this 2016 Ram team.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Just in time for his contract year. That seems to be when our players put it together.

That's dark
Hahahahahah

I watched the video and have to say I think the guy is a freakin' champion - it's gonna be one of those things were he will always be in the Rams family as far as I'm concerned and hope to see him get back in the squad to show some of our other guys just what it takes to win - GO STED

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Stedman is my favorite Rams receiver. I was/am sure he could be a great possession guy if used correctly... and if was actually targeted and had a real QB throwing him the ball. After the injury? Who knows. But I'd definitely bring him back and see what he can do before parting ways. The drug suspension was disappointing. But after staring death in the face I am sure any disciplinary problems will be a thing of the past.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Good for him, I'm pulling for him big time. This will be a great story and I want to see it unfold to the point where he catches the pass to win the SB.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
It sounds like the head shots didn't affect his mindset. Busting his butt to come back and be better than ever.I'm excited to see him back in horns.

GO RAMS!!!!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Steadman was leading our team in receiving before he got shot. He beat Sherman and Matheu and gets open better then anyone else on our team. He needs to be in horns.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Loved Steddy B. Great heart, under-appreciated talents. His highlights at WVU were almost more impressive than Tavon's. I have no doubts he'll make it back to the NFL.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
A great example of dedication and perseverance!! (y)(y)(y)

Great job Stedman! I'm proud to have you on my favorite team! I pray that your efforts fulfill their purpose!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
http://theramswire.usatoday.com/2016/03/19/report-stedman-bailey-seen-working-out-at-rams-park/

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTn1T8sh94Y

You know the story by now.

Rams wide receiver Stedman Bailey was shot twice in the headwhile sitting in a car with his cousin two day before Thanksgiving. They were the victims of a drive-by shooting in Miami.

Against doctors advice, Bailey’s determined to get back on the field and play for the Rams. It wasn’t too long ago that Bailey was spotted at a Miami gym going through intense training. And now there’s more news coming out of Missouri where Bailey reportedly was spotted working out at Rams Park, according to Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Wide receiver Stedman Bailey’s amazing recovery continues after he was shot in the head twice in a drive-by shooting last fall in Florida. Bailey was in Los Angeles two weeks ago when the Rams had an orientation meeting for players.

According to team sources, he was in St. Louis working out on his own recently at Rams Park. It’s still not certain if he will play next season, although Bailey appears to be doing everything possible to get back on the field.

That he’s gotten this far after just a few months is remarkable in itself. That he’s aiming to return to the NFL despite all odds truly is admirable. By Bailey’s account, doctors are advising he forgo his ambitious plan because of the severity of the injuries suffered in the shooting. From USA TODAY Sports’ A.J. Perez.

“My neurosurgeon is worried about me returning to the NFL because when I got shot in the head, it was kind of like the worst kind of concussion you could have,” Bailey said. “Football is physical sport and guys have concussions all the time. That’s the scariest part about it.

Bailey’s clearly on a determined path and won’t be stopped by skeptics that once said he might not be able to run or walk again. Whatever the outcome, here’s hoping Bailey remains safe and healthy.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
After reading this article, I think he needs to listen to his Dr's. His life and long term health should be more important. He has a family and will be no good to them if something happens.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I think it's admirable that he's gotten to the point where he is from where he was. Head injuries are tough to come back from, especially from that degree.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
After reading this article, I think he needs to listen to his Dr's. His life and long term health should be more important. He has a family and will be no good to them if something happens.
That's true, but a guy with his drive and love of the game doesn't think in those terms. His life would probably be miserable if he gave up trying. I support his decision to get back to doing what he loves; and while there's inherent risk involved, he won't stop unless or until someone forces him to.

Godspeed Sted.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
What is the mindset of these people that will attempt to kill another human being over foolish things? Most of them probably never know the extent of what they destroy. But look at the mindset of the survivors! It's just beautiful to see someone given a second chance at life and a new opportunity to live it right with an added humbleness - football or not.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Very cool for Sted. Interesting to see what happens with him and the Rams. He has a base 2016 salary around 690K. Dead money is 128k if cut.
I wish Sted a speedy recovery, and I hope he makes it back to playing football like his "Old Self"!! At this price I think I'd keep him on the Team!!

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Consider this scenario: Bailey comes back and plays, and in game 3 he takes a shot to the head by a DB, He's on the turf, out cold, and then carted off the field on a stretcher. Taken to the hospital, they determine he has a fractured skull and a concussion, and as a result, is in a coma and stays that way exscabreated by his previous injury to the head by gunshots. What happens then? I assume the lawyers come out, fingers get pointed and lawsuits get filed.

The above scenario or one like it is a real possibility and the NFL and the Rams organization need to consider the ramifications of letting Bailey play against his doctors advice.

While I personally respect Bailey's right to make his own decisions, the Rams and NFL have to guard their own interests too. Bailey's comeback will make a great story, but letting him play such a violent sport after such serious injury, just might not be very smart for the Rams and the league.